It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Low Has Journalism?News shows...sunk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Below is a link describing an act of public betrayal by one of Australias leading news shows on a leading TV channel.
www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

What is disturbing is how the journalists cannot see why they should be sacked.

They are sitting in a stationary helicopter, pretending to be over the Police hunt scene for the remains of a murdered ten year old boy.
What other news is being fabricated and orchestrated?
edit on 27-8-2011 by Dr Expired because: letter spacing

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
They fabricated where they were, not anything about the story. While it isn't acceptable, the producer should be the only person held responsible, they are the one that is making the call.

Why bother wasting gas to fly over a scene in a helicopter when no new information is going to be presented by doing so?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
That first dude was a wanker, "I'm seeking advice on the matter." Sad thing is he'll sue and get his job back somehow. The lady had a little more dignity and she seemed to realize the err of her ways. What got me even more is how the family seemed unfazed by this. I mean obviously they have bigger fish to fry but man I'd be livid regardless.

All in all glad to see that these people got sacked. I know its a small act of justice but it is what it is.

Trowa
edit on 27/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

To have the complete lack of ethics to perpertate this fabrication is almost funny.

But sadly they sat in a helicopter in a shed and pretended they were flying.

That is absurdly unprofessional to start with?

Yeah they saved on Gas, is that what Journalistic integrity is worth "a tank of Gas"?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Makes anyone wonder perhaps if this sort of thing is wide spread?
And these people get the highly sought after jobs in the media.
Wonder what the criteria is these days?
Studio fabricating skills?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by boncho

To have the complete lack of ethics to perpertate this fabrication is almost funny.

But sadly they sat in a helicopter in a shed and pretended they were flying.

That is absurdly unprofessional to start with?

Yeah they saved on Gas, is that what Journalistic integrity is worth "a tank of Gas"?

Are you saying the meteorologist and news anchors aren't really outside in the city when there is a cityscape behind them?
Noo! The lies. And all this time I thought they moved their desks outside for those shots...

It was a crappy move by the news agency, but being that it did not change the facts of what they were reporting on, all it is, is a low grade move. Something akin to what a used car salesman might do.

I'm not agreeing with it, but at the same time, it's a minor issue that was dealt with when the executive stepped down.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's lazy journalism mixed with the need to get a story out before your competitors, which means things like fact checking get's ignored.

Journalists need to be more accountable for their actions.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's lazy journalism mixed with the need to get a story out before your competitors, which means things like fact checking get's ignored.

Journalists need to be more accountable for their actions.

Lazy combined with profit motives and propaganda methods.

In the U.S. it is not "illegal" when the medias lie.

Don't know about other countries.

The only way to get to them is to use "flashmob" style boycotts of the ADVERTISERS and heavy duty protesting aimed at the news stations.

Until that happens, all anyone can do is to keep exposing the whole thing case by case in forums like this.

It could be effective to a point.

While usually only a few people post threads and opinions here, 10's of thousands may be reading !!

We need to get the points out for as long as possible while we still can !

Unlike politicians in many countries who can be voted out (after the damage is done however), the big businesses are not part of that system !

The Media Can Legally Lie

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

Back in December of 1996, Jane Akre and her husband, Steve Wilson, were hired by FOX as a part of the Fox “Investigators” team at WTVT in Tampa Bay, Florida. In 1997 the team began work on a story about bovine growth hormone (BGH), a controversial substance manufactured by Monsanto Corporation. The couple produced a four-part series revealing that there were many health risks related to BGH and that Florida supermarket chains did little to avoid selling milk from cows treated with the hormone, despite assuring customers otherwise. .................

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I guess some reporters get the old

"what goes around comes around" routine.

this could be payback at its' BEST !!
!!

MYFOXNY.COM - A local news reporter from Washington, D.C. ended up getting covered in what is probably the remnants of raw sewage as he delivered live hurricane reports from Ocean City, Md.

WTTG-TV reporter Tucker Barnes was providing live updates for stations around the country as a wall of what he described as sea foam poured over him.

Barnes was on the boardwalk as Hurricane Irene hit the coast of Maryland

He noted that he had immersed himself in organic material. That "organic material" was most likely the effects of raw sewage pouring into the water during the storm.

"It doesn't taste great," he said.

Reporter Gives Update Covered In Sea Foam

edit on Aug-28-2011 by xuenchen because: added video

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is a really disgusting report, but one I'm not to surprised at. I'm sure all the networks do this kind of cash saving reporting all the time. Judging from the reporters immoral response it seems that this was a daily part of their acting jobs.
The real shame here is what they were 'reporting' on, which is the search for the remains of a child who has been killed by a child molester. The media is now trivialising the actual story with this 'chopper-gate' event and making more and more money. It's a reporting loop, I wouldn't surprised if this yellow journalism was rigged from the start.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gargarean

Interesting thinking,food for thought

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Perhaps it is a minor issue , but then again perhaps the whole nations are full of these sociopathic actions?
Perhaps our leaders like Orwell revealed wage war on their own peoples, weaken their own peoples, the media after all are only selected in their jobs if they are non pot stirrers?
Perhaps they were keen to get home early?
Who knows but they have sh88 on the public from a very great ...oops sea level height.

new topics

top topics

join