It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Red and twinkeling like a the fire of a Chinese lantern.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I believe it. My friends and I have seen several UFOs in the past three weeks alone...things are getting interesting.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I sure wish he had held that camera still! Why do these people always jerk around?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by Thunda

are you saying you are unable to identify a flock of birds and also unable to identify chinese lanterns?

If you are unable to do that maybe its time for you to find a new interest?

people who can't identify a flock of birds or chinese lanterns need to remove themselves from ufology. They are part of the problem , they are the noise that gets in the way of any potential signal.
edit on 1-9-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

Im saying no-one, you, me, anybody can identify these objects in the videos with 100% certainty, and do not pretend you can. Extremely arrogant to suggest that if we dont agree with your point of view people need to 'remove themselves from ufology'. But then its all double standards with skeptics- someone says they have seen a UFO, you scream for proof- asked to provide proof for a debunking theory and we are all stupid for asking.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

you can't identify a flock of birds?

skeptics- someone says they have seen a UFO, you scream for proof

If your talking about people who claim to see alien spaceships skeptics ask for decent evidence. Thats normal for an extrodinary claim such as bigfoot, the lochness monster or alien spaceships.
edit on 2-9-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't care if it's pitch black. Cameras pick up things we cannot see. I wish someone would take some shots from these videos and enhance the contrast/brightness and other controls.. many times you can make out clear shapes and other features not easily seen. It may help clear up what these are but so far no one has done that. Nasa makes a good toolkit to do such work called Isis. ( i think) but many apps can do it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by Thunda

you can't identify a flock of birds?

skeptics- someone says they have seen a UFO, you scream for proof

If your talking about people who claim to see alien spaceships skeptics ask for decent evidence. Thats normal for an extrodinary claim such as bigfoot, the lochness monster or alien spaceships.
edit on 2-9-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

I certainly cant identify a flock of birds in the Iceland volcano video, and neither can you. not only that, but you put forward no evidence of any kind to back up your claim apart from the same tired old video with somebody claiming to see 'wings flapping'. Then you address one point (that of requiring evidence for a UFO sighting- obviously quite correct) without addressing the main point (Skeptics being held to the same level of evidence required to uphold their claims- obviously a bit of a tough one:lol

Typical of the debunking clan, you then go off topic, trying to lump together bigfoot, the loch ness monster and UFO's- an old technique used when loosing the arguement. Ill make it real simple, one last time for you:

You have put forward no evidence that the OP video is of chinese lanterns, or that the Iceland volcano video is of 'birds'. If you have any, I will be happy to discuss it with you, otherwise, I leave you to your beliefs and opinions.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

You have put forward no evidence that the OP video is of chinese lanterns, or that the Iceland volcano video is of 'birds'. If you have any, I will be happy to discuss it with you, otherwise, I leave you to your beliefs and opinions.

Anyone with half a brain knows the volcano UFO was just a flock of birds. C'mon you are saying you cannot honestly tell that they are....is it your blind belief in the UFO phenomenon?

These supposed UFO's in this thread are obviously Chinese lanterns and if you and the other blind believers cannot see this....not a dang thing will make you see it. Everything that comes from Youtube...to the blind believers is gold and even more proof of aliens visiting Earth.

They are right..it is the blind believers that is the downfall of Ufology and will never get anywhere...because they make it look like a joke...Can"t tell the difference between birds and a craft...cannot tell the difference between CGI(I mean in this day and age...that is just ridiculous) and also cannot see that the lights are obviously lanterns...sheesh.

I have seen three UFO's..does that mean I have seen an alien craft...could be some type of natural occurrence in nature not known yet, could be birds, could have been RC aircraft or could have been balloons/lanterns...but creatures from another galaxy...umm..highly doubtful...what I saw was an unidentified flying object.....What I believe I have seen was top secret military aircraft and want to get to the bottom of it...but cannot because people like you keep this field where it is...a joke.

edit on 5-9-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

I have seen three UFO's..does that mean I have seen an alien craft...could be some type of natural occurrence in nature not known yet, could be birds, could have been RC aircraft or could have been balloons/lanterns...but creatures from another galaxy...umm..highly doubtful...what I saw was an unidentified flying object.....What I believe I have seen was top secret military aircraft and want to get to the bottom of it...but cannot because people like you keep this field where it is...a joke.

You speak of ufology as though it was born yesterday. Obviously you don't know much about the topic and to what lengths the government will go to discredit it. Something that must not be known(acccording to the tyrants) is kept classified for hundreds of years, if not thousands, but occasionaly leaks develop and they must be plugged by disinfo agents such as yourself. Lots of people have spoken of black op programs off the record and to call each and every one of them liars(often for the slightest reason) is the epitomy of dishonesty. Where there is smoke there is usually fire!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

They are right..it is the blind believers that is the downfall of Ufology and will never get anywhere...because they make it look like a joke...Can"t tell the difference between birds and a craft...cannot tell the difference between CGI(I mean in this day and age...that is just ridiculous) and also cannot see that the lights are obviously lanterns...sheesh.

Some hoaxes are obvious while others are not. True we have had a plethora of BS infiltrate youtube since its inception but that only goes to illustrate how desperate the government is to discredit the topic.

Birds shown at a distance may not be obvious, as a well done CGI may not be obvious either. If your a perpetual skeptic(denier) then everything is always identified to be something ELSE other than alien spacecraft because "alens would have to traverse great distances to get here" nevermind the theory of wormholes and the use of anigravity technology which is slowely becoming mainstream.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

Anyone with half a brain knows the volcano UFO was just a flock of birds. C'mon you are saying you cannot honestly tell that they are....is it your blind belief in the UFO phenomenon?

These supposed UFO's in this thread are obviously Chinese lanterns and if you and the other blind believers cannot see this....not a dang thing will make you see it. Everything that comes from Youtube...to the blind believers is gold and even more proof of aliens visiting Earth.

I like to think that I have more than half a brain, and it is not 'blind belief' in UFO's that my comments come from. What I am saying (AGAIN) is that neither you, nor yeti have any proof of what those videos show, and that any comment like "they are obviously birds" is nothing more than opinion and requires blind belief from you, the skeptic. I find it hard to believe that a flock of birds would be calmly flying in formation through a volcanic ash cloud, but even if I suspected that, I couldnt say with any certainty because the information just isnt there in the video.

What the UFO community needs are facts. Facts from the believers, facts from the skeptics. It simply is not enough to say you believe something. To repeat myself again- evidence turns opinions into facts. Show me some evidence of your theory and I might agree- I am far from a 'blind believer' as you so arrogantly put it. I have at no point said (read back and weep) that these videos show ufo's, alien spacecraft or anything else- what I have said is that you have no evidence to support your blustering claims of birds and chinese lanterns, so instead of providing some, you start attacking the messenger. Typical debunking behaviour.

I say again- UFO witness makes a claim- debunkers ask for proof. De-bunkers provide a theory, but when asked for proof start flapping their arms and changing the subject and accusing everyone of being 'blind' because we dont accept your opinion without evidence. Wow.......

So do you think UFOlogy would benefit from people just accepting other peoples claims and opinion at face value? It would certainly help the debunkers out, thats for sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

your answer was so good i've decided to use it as my sig for this month

edit on 7-9-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Why thankyou!
You just showed your total ignorance by misquoting me.

2nd Line

edit on 7-9-2011 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

your welcome

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I am pleased to see a few different videos of this. I wish that more of the videos would stay focused on the objects and less time bouncing around to surrounding people or buildings. It makes it too easy to speculate the formations and growing number is faked. I mean the "cut aways to locale" offer too much opportunity to cover edits. Not a professional mind you, but have seen enough films and attempts to see the potential here for major debunking.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Maybe what ever is up there wants up to notice it...

Hmm,maybe Zeer0.

Or maybe they are all terrestrial and the only way to get our attention in the night sky is to use lights?

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
there either UFO's or space debris

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join