It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I read the thread then went back to watch the 2nd video. Ugh, "SheilaAliens" so what, did she move her Tucson show to new York??...

Not saying the vids aren't good and shouldn't be looked into, but you also have to consider the source....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Frost

honestly chinese lanterns seem like a more plausible explanation than aliens or aircraft. they seem to be moving away (up), like CLs.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

At this stage I tend to agree with you, I can see nothing to make me think that this is actually a craft or crafts that are moving.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was something that was planned by the people on the roof and they released the lanterns.

The only thing that is impressive is how they shape into a triangle.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
I read the thread then went back to watch the 2nd video. Ugh, "SheilaAliens" so what, did she move her Tucson show to new York??...

Not saying the vids aren't good and shouldn't be looked into, but you also have to consider the source....

She got those videos from the original uploader. She's not the source for this.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Frost

triangles are just coincidence. it all depends on angles and air currents.

i mean if it were aliens id expect some flashing awesome lights and maneuvers, maybe a laser beam.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Agreed, my thoughts exactly.

If they were going to go to all that trouble to show themselves at least give us something impressive to look at.

CL is the best bet here.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Don't be daft, buddy.
She clearly writes on the video page that all she did was put the few different videos together to show people.
And that they have nothing to do with her other than that.
She simply downloaded the multiple videos from multiple youtube users, and made them into one video.
Quite simple.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Cool videos, no doubt. There seems to be a lot of general UFO debate going around on this thread. Hopefully I can add some food for thought. Using this video and many other similar compelling videos and accounts as reference, one must as a simple question...what are they?

Given the interesting nature of said evidence, that is, ruling out hoaxes, swamp gas, conventional avation, weather anomaly, etc., these are accounts of SOMETHING. Which leaves only two options in my opinion. They are either man-made or extraterrestrial.

If they are man-made aircraft, they are certainly not garden variety. Which would make them highly secret experimental military craft. Using the images in this thread as one of many cases in point of these types of sightings, logic begs the question...why would Skunkworks or other highly secretive, black-op's group fly their biggest secret over one of the most densely populated areas in the country if not the world? Not just fly either mind you, fly at seemingly low altitude and seemingly low speeds. It just doesn't add up. Don't they have places like Area 51 for that kind of stuff?

Now, if they are extraterrestrial, it leads to three more very logical options in my opinion. Either they want to remain undetected, they want to be known, or they really don't care either way. First off and easiest, if they wanted to be known, wouldn't they:

A: Land in Washington DC and do the "take me to your leader" bit?
B: Land in some hippie commune and take the stargazing kool-aid drinkers to the promised land?

Next, if they were indifferent to their efforts being known I would think that they would be collecting information, doing recon that is. If this is the case, why would they need a ship that appears to be over 100ft across to do that? I would think that a civilization capable of interstellar travel would be able to send a nanobot to do that kind of work. The said nanobot could fly into your ear canal and obtain a DNA sample unnoticed. That would also make all of that pesky, and surely messy anal probing unnecessary. If we have Predator drones flying over Iraq right now, I'm sure they can do WAY better.

Lastly, if they wanted to be unnoticed and all stealthy about it, they certainly aren't doing a very good job of it. And that whole idea is laughable. If they wanted to stay out of sight they would.

Thanks for reading my rambles. Btw...I think it would be pretty sweet if they were ET's.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

Originally posted by tarifa37
I would say DEFIANTLY Chinese lanterns most probably let off from China Town as another poster said with wishes prayers etc that the hurricane spares them.

Which formed perfect triangles and shapes in the sky? Please watch both videos.

Any three lights in the sky will form a triangle unless they are in a perfect straight line. What other shape would you want three lights to take?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Looks like ufo orbs (foo fighters) monitoring the NY area. They go on and off, some for long perios, some are blinking types - not Chinese lanterns. They are different colours- not Chinese lanterns. Very interesting.

Just out of interest it would be interesting to see if the patterns they make resemble other footage

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Friday was a nice day in NY, but started to cloud up late in the day. I was about 22 miles away from where this vid was shot. I thought it was a cloudy night on Fri. 8/26. Are we sure this is 8/26 in NY?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Yes there are a few more different angles posted on youtube for NY Bronx 8/26 but it's just specs of light so I doubt it will interest anyone.

I took a look at one of the other videos and present a quick and unscientific analysis:

Screen capture in IE from alternate source:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b89d69b0ee8.jpg[/atsimg]
www.youtube.com...

The same screen capture with Internet Explorer window zoomed to 1000% from alternate source:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/101dd075df2a.jpg[/atsimg]
www.youtube.com...

The same enlarged capture, enhanced:

While the object on the right does not look like anything in particular, the other two objects seem to resemble chinese lanterns. Decide for yourselves...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e52a6576d3f.jpg[/atsimg]

Chinese lanterns:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4813a877bbb1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dissident1987
Friday was a nice day in NY, but started to cloud up late in the day. I was about 22 miles away from where this vid was shot. I thought it was a cloudy night on Fri. 8/26. Are we sure this is 8/26 in NY?

A commenter on Youtube says he's seen the same video a week ago with a different title.

Happens a lot - old videos resurfacing with a new date and new location attached. If it's on Youtube have serious doubts about its authenticity.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel
reply to post by onehuman

they look like chinese lanterns to me.

Yeah, or some type of flare. They most definitely "flicker out," like any airborne object that is flame-lit eventually does. Honestly, it doesn't differ from many other videos I have seen in the past. Thanks for you sharing, regardless OP.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just for once, I would love to see a video like this where there was high powered flood lights to illuminate the object!
(Lol, imagine ET's surprised faces!! :O )
Are there even lights that powerful????

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I heared the man in the vid say...What is it..?
I would answer: Well,...what about it being Unindentified Flying Objects..Duhh.

Anyways,....should the airforce not fly out with all its might if such a 'terrorist' treat would surface above an (important) heavily crowded area? Now I ask you, do the airforce ever..?

This whole war against terrorist is a farce, a scam, a joke or worse....the airforce is incompetent.

Can be that this vid is a UFO hoax too...

edit on 28/8/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So is threre going to be a timely FOIA request for radar data plus some witness interviews, etc.? Will there be a major investigation and analysis? If so, by whom?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
And what's this sire26-Sire Castro connection? Some viral advertising?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I have to say that these lights defo look like lanterns to me.... they rise, fly & flicker before going out....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
more flickering lights, rising and getting dimmer as they get higher. Haveing no fixed pattern. No signs of intelligent control, no back and forth accelerations or abrupt stops, or change of direction, just floating along with the breeze.

*yawn*

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join