It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What scares me even more is that they don't seem to be going into the city, but leaving it. It's only supposed to be a tropical storm, if that, when it hits NYC. Really makes you wonder...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
seems like wwere getting closer and closer to something

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
they look to be 3 objects rising steadily, as helium balloons
that happen to form into a triangle at some point during the individual ascents.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
that happen to form into a triangle at some point during the individual ascents.

That then move laterally while staying in triangle formation?

I'd rather believe formation flying of jets or helicopters, but both jets and helicopters make LOTS of noise, helicopters cannot come that close to each other especially above/blow and jets would move a lot faster than that.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

lol

Did you not even watch the very first video posted?
There are more than 3 objects there.
At least 7 are shown at once. Maybe more.
Dont feel like watching again though. lol

Balloons. lol

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wow great videos coming out! I clearly saw a triangle formation in two of the videos from the compilation video someone posted. There's no way in hell balloons or lanterns can maintain formation like that. Excellent thread going to be keeping an eye on this one!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

As a fellow NY'er living in the city. I can attest to everything you've said.

This is a very odd occurrence that seems to have lasted for quite a few minutes and was filmed from various angles. It's clear to me that something was indeed filmed in the night sky. What they were, remains anyones guess..

Lanterns would be my leading explanation, but in my 34 years here I've never seen those things launched (not to say they couldn't ever be).

Lanterns aren't common around these parts. I'm really baffled...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
If they were Chinese lanterns they sure were quick to disappear in 2 minutes.

But how long had they been in the air before filming had started?

These are Chinese lanterns for sure. They look like them, they flicker like them, they move like them, they extinguish like them so why would they not be them?

The only astonishing thing about these videos is that people can still be fooled by the lanterns!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

How do you know its 'not alien related'?

YEs its hard to prove wether it is, but how can you be so sure that it isnt?

Maybe they dont land because they are scared, maybe they just want to observe from above. Maybe they just have no need to come down yet?

There are so many explanations for why they are only dots, maybe they are only #ing lanterns who knows. But why have such a closed minded view?

I can't say for sure it's not, i'm not close-minded at all... don't confuse closed-mind with skeptic mind... These dot-lights just look like many other footage that has been debunked already.. Why should it be different here ? because of the kids wondering "Wahhhhhhhhhh aliens" near the camera ?
i'm just not into "blind-believing", but if some slow-moving light-dots are enough to convince you it is, it's not enough for me...

btw cmon, I'm sure you can come up with some more convincing arguments than the few you gave to defend your point of view :-)
"They are too scared to land" --> why would they come if they're scared of us ? plus why would they be scared of us ? pathetics insects who can't even space travel decently yet and who could even hardly chase them in low-atmosphere... :-)
"They're here to observe" --> why not just 1 ship then ?

Just imagine you're an alien commander in a ship... Exploring / Spying / Studying / whatever earth and its inhabitants... then ask yourself a few questions... for example "Why would you slowly lurk around a populated city and just do nothing ?" "Why would we need to waste energy and time to bring several ships to this planet and do nothing around ? Isn't just one ship enough for spying / exploring ?", ... (Well, some would say they landed in a secret place to negociate nasty things with illuminati, but that's another "problem"
)

Anyway, I don't want people to not believe in what they want it to be... I just wish that people ask themselves (much) more objective questions before concluding this... and I put an highlight on some of these question... You make your mind
but stay objective, and take into account that it's in human nature to see what we want to see.

Anyway... let's be open-minded and speculate about what it can be instead of what it can't... I've seen many "lantern speculation" which I tend to agree with in this thread, but i'm very surprised (maybe even a bit disapointed) that no one yet claimed "False flag"... with NY evacuation, recent speeches about "alien invasions can save our economy" and that kind of stuff...
I don't believe it is, but still much more likely than a little fleet of alien spaceships with lights lurking around a city doing nothing if you ask me

NB: to people questionning my "undecover" point of view, please tell me why isn't there any clearly convincing footage out there if they are not hiding ? Why do we need imagination to reach to the alien conclusion ? with the % of people owning videorecorders / photo recorders, shouldn't a certain % of footage be convincing enough by themselves if they are here and not hiding? It's statistically very-not-likely... What conclusion do you prefer ? "They like discretion for some reasons" or "Nothing decent is captured because there is just nothing to capture" ? Don't know about you, but as a believer (yeah I know, it may not seem obvious I am to you...), I prefer the first option :-)

NB 2: Many of you will notice I use the words "Why" and "What" relatively often in this post... This is the key... Questionning... It's the only thing that could, someday turn speculations into facts, nothing else will do the trick. Problem is, it can also turn speculations into bull#s, so many don't ask question just to don't risk to get a proof that would decieve them... Not to mention these two keywords (why and what) have been the fuel of science since a few hundred years, and will probably still be in a few hundread years.
edit on 28/8/2011 by Ghostfreak1 because: Emoticon fixing

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Why hasn't this thread moved up to - Newest topics getting flags, in real-time?
Why is cooking using corn husks with only 13 flags on that section still and this not?
Is there a glitch in the system?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This video is an interesting find. It is either the real deal, or the greatest fake ever. I hope it was real and not some kind of military maneuver .

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Not sure about lanterns

How could lanterns quickly just come together like that

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

did you see the video posted on page 2 that have 4 (or 5) different angles? its incredible. reminds me of the jerusalem video, but doesn't smell like a fake.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This thread should be on the front page. I've never seen anything more convincing about UFO's than this.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
wow my first post is in this thread

have a feeling this is a big sighting

kinda like the phoenix lights but this seems like better angles & viewpoints

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Another Mogul flight, with lights and crash-test dummies.. Or a stray parade float. Or sewer gas. Or alien tourists. How about a Letterman top ten?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I would say DEFIANTLY Chinese lanterns most probably let off from China Town as another poster said with wishes prayers etc that the hurricane spares them.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
I would say DEFIANTLY Chinese lanterns most probably let off from China Town as another poster said with wishes prayers etc that the hurricane spares them.

Which formed perfect triangles and shapes in the sky? Please watch both videos.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

people really should start carrying powerful cameras with zoom lenses. Were it not for the possibility of some daft hoaxer finding the time and going through the trouble of launching chinese lanterns right before a hurricane, these would be pretty good ufo videos

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Do you remember which radio interview?

I would like to hear what she said in relation to this sighting.

Although I wouldn't think that Jessica would be frequenting around the likes of "The Bronx" I am interested in hearing more about how, when and where she saw this.

She could be a credible witness.

I am still having a dig around to see if i can find this myself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join