It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)edit on 8-28-2011 by Springer because: Edited title to more accurately reflect content.
And yet it still lives

Where has it been identified in this thread? pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Im sorry, Ive tried to wade through the multiple pages to find the post that prove this is chinese lanterns, but I cant find it- could someone post a link or something to the post that proves this beyond doubt?
edit on 29-8-2011 by Thunda because: grammar!
You realise that is tantamount to saying that the a film of something that looks like a Ford pick-up truck, behaves like one and is in every way consistent with being a Ford pick-up truck isn't proof that it was one.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Not sure if we really have ironed out the behavior aspect. Unless I missed it, do we know how sky lanterns would fly in stormy weather? Or if that weather would affect them staying lit. I imagine it depends on what kind was used, as there are different styles of these lanterns.

Here is a video of paper lanterns launched off. I tried to find one in bad weather...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Back again I see with your daily "pics or it didn't happen" input and occasional insult.
You sir are a troll and obviously have not read the revision to the title.

It's ok to believe in aliens, as do I, but it is completely unacceptable to repeatedly insult people because "there aren't any pics." Just let it go man, you were wrong.

This is going off topic here-- History (before pictures) has been proven many times over. Do you still ask for pictures to prove it happened?
edit on 29-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would just like to comment on what an abomination it is that such a lame video was posted as a "headline" on ATS for such an extended period of time and that it garnered so much attention. My regard for abovetopsecret.com has just taken yet another plunge. Were it not for the off chance of something actually worthwhile sneaking in amongst all the garbage that clutters up this forum, I would fart in its general direction and be on my way for good.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

That revision was there last time duh. BTW, is that proof, just because someone says? C'mon, all I'm asking is where is the connection? Why is that so hard?

Shrek

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Change of tone I see. Since all you do is ask questions, I guess I'll switch it up for once. Where is the connection that these AREN'T lanterns?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by underspace

Not sure if we really have ironed out the behavior aspect. Unless I missed it, do we know how sky lanterns would fly in stormy weather?
This is getting soooooo boring!

It wasn't stormy on the 26th August in New York. It clearly isn't stormy in the video either!

Take a look at the description on YouTube then follow the link.

Well it's been a pretty weird week, might as well top it off with a UFO. This just raw video taken from the site below. www.latest-ufo-sightings.net... the original post ufo-global.blogspot.com...

A group of UFO formations were spotted by couple of New Yorkers in New York city on August 26, 2011, just a day before the arrival of Hurricane Irene.

The formations change from triangle shapes to Space craft shapes. Very interesting UFO sighting comparing with many other sightings reported lately.

Witnesses were not sure what those lights were, but suspecting it is UFO.
Source: ufo-global.blogspot.com...

Do you get it yet? It wasn't stormy when the footage was taken.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Man people sure have a negative attitude on this forum these days.

Yes I get it. My mistake.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrrr
reply to post by FlySolo

Change of tone I see. Since all you do is ask questions, I guess I'll switch it up for once. Where is the connection that these AREN'T lanterns?

Ok, I'm calling you out now. Answering a question with a question double talk clearly shows me you are making stuff up on the fly. Please stop lying and admit your post about the dead girl was off topic. Just as I said when I made my entrance. Let me be more clear. There is NO connection!!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I guess the OP couldn't find the connection either.

Thanks for "calling me out" and completely avoiding the question I asked you. I don't have to answer your question like you are demanding because I have already answered it.
YOU are the only one who doesn't "see a connection." I'm actually starting to feel bad for you.

Edit: Seriously, stop with the insults. What do I have to gain by making stuff up? Remember, I'm a believer, just like yourself...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Pretty high up in the air to be a chinese lantern. And it was hard to tell because the camera was shaking but I think some of them in the lower part of the screen were moving and forming together.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Dude!
I read through your stuff! You mention nothing except a link. I'm more worried about you... All you did was dig up some story and add it into this one and say Voila!!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

So all I did was some research and post other videos of lanterns acting in the same manner? How was I ever off topic again? The OP wanted other people to voice their opinion on what they thought the lights were. I voiced my opinion with video evidence of other lanterns floating along with the same characteristics. Then, a lady speaks out saying she let them off for a memorial for her dead sister (which happens all the time believe it or not.) I post her comments along with a link to prove her story was straight as far as that went. Then, we have another member contact her, I'm sure ask her some personal questions, and come back with a "confirmed story."

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by Arrrr

Thank you. I will talk to this person and i will do research on her deceased relative.

Originally posted by Zeer0
Well it turns out that her story checks out so this one is Bunked. Mods you know what to do.

Do you really believe somebody would search for a person who recently died and just pick a name to use as leverage, then claim she let off lanterns during her burial? Beating a dead bush here mate.

--Since I haven't heard your opinion yet, what do you think these lights are? Pics or it didn't happen "bro."

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Yes i noticed those, but I've seen those types used many many times before and yes lights strung together can be ,misinterpreted as ufos. I wasn't debating that. If at the end of one of the videos demonstrates what you are saying about the girl, then why didn't you just say what video to watch? I've read all your posts and I saw no mention.

Then, we have another member contact her, I'm sure ask her some personal questions, and come back with a "confirmed story."

what member? So this is hearsay now right? I'll dig around for that conversation...

ETA: Ok, I searched this entire thread for the name Yaritza Pacheco. You first mentioned it on page 12 as being an undeniable explanation to the phenomenon. There is no other occurrence of that name prior to you showing up on page 10.

Can you explain to me how you came to that conclusion when the name Yaritza Pacheco was never mentioned?
edit on 29-8-2011 by FlySolo because: Yaritza Pacheco

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by Arrrr

Can you explain to me how you came to that conclusion when the name Yaritza Pacheco was never mentioned?
edit on 29-8-2011 by FlySolo because: Yaritza Pacheco

Yaritza Pacheco is the name of the girl's sister who was shot and killed on the 21st. (If you read the YouTube comments left by michellelinda25, the lady claiming to have set off the lanterns, you would have seen that.) A memorial was held on the 26th, they let off the lanterns at the end of the memorial. Then zing, we have these videos of ufos...

Edit: I put confirmed story in quotes for a reason, as I was not the one to contact the lady and ask her the questions. I'm trying to keep this conversation as intelligent as possible, but you are making that very hard.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Sorry if you find this conversation intelligently challenging mate.

To be honest, I laughed hard once I read the YT comments, thinking you are getting your inside information from a public gong show.

However, it would be insensitive of me to scoff it were true. With that said, I went to michellinda25's channel. Surely she must have some video evidence of them letting them go. Guess what she has? Lil Kim concerts. I find that a little unusual. Don't you? Look for yourself. Link
Did you even bother to look?

Ok but that doesn't prove anything. She does however go on to say:

"@ModernDH ur the sad one believing these are ufos. If ur ass is from the bx go check ur local listings about my baby sis who was murdered 8/21 by a stray bullet. It was all over the news. We released these lanterns on friday the day we buried "

And so I did...

I put in "Bronx girl killed" so far there is nothing about a girl on the 21st. There was a teenage girl June 12, a 7 year old girl on Aug 1, a stray bullet girl on May 28 but no Aug 21st. But she goes on to say "its all over the news" Maybe it was but I have not found anything to confirm this event even happened. Other than sailor trash talk on YT.

Do you have anything you would like to share? Because this horse is beat dead bro.

Never mind, found it.dailynews
edit on 29-8-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

So you tell me typing in dead bronx girl is research? How about searching for Yaritza Pacheco herself, since that was the name mentioned. You would have found plenty of information on her death.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
articles.nydailynews.com...
www.gadailynews.com...

-Link after link after link. For a 40 year old, you are quite immature.

Just edit out your mistakes mate

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

My questioning you is immature? Get used to it in the real world. And yes it would appear this event happened. It took two days of bickering with you to finally come to a conclusive decision where this could have been avoided in the first place.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

No, you just don't listen, but you clearly have a way with twisting words around. Your questions weren't immature, but your attitude and actions are that of an adolescent. Go troll somewhere else since most of your input has no back to it and you are constantly proving yourself wrong.

Edit: This could have all been avoided if you actually read everything from previous posts. I have not stated anything new. My information has been relatively consistent, unlike your information (which seems to be missing/irrelevant.)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join