It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Causes Climate Change But Government Doesn't Want You To Know

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I make it a ritual everyday to read the news online and search for stuff.

I found this article under science from Google News that I found quite interesting. I know that there are other threads that touch on this subject but I felt this article put the importance of knowing the following into perspective.

CERN and The Sun

For those who don't want to read here's the story in a nutshell:

CERN (greatest scientific research facility in world/created world wide web/etc.) develops CLOUD project. Recreates Earths atmosphere and discovers that global warming is caused by the Sun as the sun actually helps create clouds which cool the planet. The greater the magnetic field around the sun = less solar radiation = less clouds = more heat. A.K.A. this proves global warming is (for the most part) NOT man made.
Lead Director of CERN tells scientists involved in CLOUD that their experiment is BS and doesn't prove anything. Scientists say , "WHAAAAAATT?!?!!?"
Scientists realize that they're work will not be realized or accepted by the public because governments, companies, and even fellow scientists make more money off of the guilt of the population as they pay more money into "going green" and "saving the planet" than if they were to admit that it was natural.

ATS peeps opinions please

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Are they mad because the sun and Earth made clouds before their chemtrailing came about? I should say made better clouds than their chemtrailing.

It's amazing how logic and money are always on opposite ends of every argument.
edit on 27-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Sun Causes Climate Change!
Government's dirty little secret (strange voice)
Sorry OP. I couldn't resist.

But seriously, this is news?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Democrats, pfft

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

yea..it is news

are you a dis-info tool too?

you seem like one..

thanks OP for the link...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just wanna say 3 things.
Suck it climatechangers!
lol.
But seriously this is awesome.
Goes to show you that there is alot we still don't know and are learning.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Uh....Some of you may have noticed that when the side of the earth your on is opposite the sun, the temp drops like 20-30 degs F. Of course it causes climate change.

Seriously though, I've read somewhere that ALL of the planets in our system are experiencing climate change.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Seriously though, I've read somewhere that ALL of the planets in our system are experiencing climate change.

Not true. SUVs and cow farts caused Mars' polar caps to melt and return several times this past decade, haven't you heard?

The debunkers say Mars has frozen carbon dioxide at the poles and it melts at different temps than frozen water, but seeing how they've never been there, their info is only as good as it's source, NASA, and if they trust NASA 100%... then that tells a story in and of itself.

Carbon dioxide has no liquid state at pressures below 5.1 standard atmospheres (520 kPa). At 1 atmosphere (near mean sea level pressure), the gas deposits directly to a solid at temperatures below −78 °C (−108 °F; 195 K) and the solid sublimes directly to a gas above −78 °C. In its solid state, carbon dioxide is commonly called dry ice.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
C'mon all! lets support the carbon tax because we are cutting all the vegetation away!
Let's tax the [idiots] people and force them into a carbon tax as the planet blows up.
After all it's their fault for wanting wood! We will supply but you gotta pay!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Not true. SUVs and cow farts caused Mars' polar caps to melt and return several times this past decade, haven't you heard?

The debunkers say Mars has frozen carbon dioxide at the poles and it melts at different temps than frozen water, but seeing how they've never been there, their info is only as good as it's source, NASA, and if they trust NASA 100%... then that tells a story in and of itself.

Carbon dioxide has no liquid state at pressures below 5.1 standard atmospheres (520 kPa). At 1 atmosphere (near mean sea level pressure), the gas deposits directly to a solid at temperatures below −78 °C (−108 °F; 195 K) and the solid sublimes directly to a gas above −78 °C. In its solid state, carbon dioxide is commonly called dry ice.

While I do agree that we are not the MAIN reason for climate change, but SUV's, well cars in general create A TON OF HEAT!. Your engine heats up all that metal shimmering off the sun, heats up. The black tops and roof tops heat up. Then you have tall buildings. I do not think Co2 is the cause for this heat, but the world is just like a computer case, it has things inside of it witch are hot and cause the air inside to get hot. The earth would most likely be cooler if the ground was not covered in cement and metal.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
hey peeps thanks for all the replies!

Yeah I know this SHOULDN'T be news but seriously the fact that rich fogies want this information to not be readily available to the people who don't know this, is crap.

spread the word

unfortunately i know a great number of people who don't equate natural climate change with the sun

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

well yeah you're right

DER the sun makes everything warmer

but the real point is that the sun helps create clouds which cool the planet

technically that shouldn't be news either what with evaporation process but still

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I just wanna say 3 things.
Suck it climatechangers!
lol.
But seriously this is awesome.
Goes to show you that there is alot we still don't know and are learning.

Yeah, well they want to rob us of that too. They don't want us learning. How many times have we been told that--and I quote: "THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED!" That's very convenient--not to say highly unusual: It's the only scientific question that has ever been completely settled....
edit on 8/28/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

the problem is that there's a disconnect between researchers and the public. most folk don't go into science if they've got a way with words, and unfortunately the news is usually only interested in stories that blatantly relate to some corporate interest (pharmaceutical, food etc.,)

depending on the model, comprising between 36-72% of the atmosphere, water vapor is presently believed to be the biggest contributor to climate change.

carbon dioxide, comprises between 9-26% of the atmosphere (again, depending on the model.)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Why was I taught this when I was about 8 years old, in a government school?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Uh....Some of you may have noticed that when the side of the earth your on is opposite the sun, the temp drops like 20-30 degs F. Of course it causes climate change.

I don't want to come off as dumb or try to get overly simplistic, but which "other" sun are you refering too.

For one the sun is a sphere; it only has an outside and an inside.

You could have been trying to point out the idea of our planets rotation causing various points to be on the dark during said rotation.

Oh, and the sun is the reason we have a climate; but it does seem as though of late we have some kind of weather almost every day.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Like the thread OP !

I totally agree, in fact I wrote a thread a little while ago along simlar lines, which was consigned to the ATS abyss, it may be of interest ?!

Solar Variance Above Top Secret

S+F

edit on 28-8-2011 by solargeddon because: typos

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
While I do agree that we are not the MAIN reason for climate change, but SUV's, well cars in general create A TON OF HEAT!. Your engine heats up all that metal shimmering off the sun, heats up. The black tops and roof tops heat up. Then you have tall buildings. I do not think Co2 is the cause for this heat, but the world is just like a computer case, it has things inside of it witch are hot and cause the air inside to get hot. The earth would most likely be cooler if the ground was not covered in cement and metal.

The heat delivered to the Earth by the Sun would be absorbed into the geosphere's energy system, regardless if it hit the top of a car or a leafy plant. In fact, using your premise it could be argued that the cars are reducing temperature, since all the car rooftops are increasing the Earth's albedo!

Not to offend, but to educate: The global warming argument is that increased CO2 adds another "blanket" over the Earth which brings us slightly closer to a closed system. Science primer HERE

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Nice find, OP. Thanks.

What effect do you think the more than 6000 nuclear bombs over the last two decades, and a decade of HAARP, which heats the ionosphere, has on our climate? And all the radiation being distrubuted over half the planet through DU bombing?

I've never seen this addressed in any climate research.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join