It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn Hypocrisy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So there seems to be a constant condemnation on ATS of the MSM about how it's ramping up the fear and hype for Hurricane Irene, fair enough too I suppose but I can also see why they would hype it up so much...apart from being the media and that's what they do, they also feel that the average person is very complacent and need a bit of a push to be prepared.

Anyway, I digress, the reason for this post is because whilst a lot of members of ATS condemn this fear mongering from the MSM, many will then go and get drawn in by the same sort of thing from a non MSM source...GFL anybody? Elenin? Nibiru? Earthquake predictions?

I think many need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Anyway..just an observation.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Sadly it's a good (for tptb) distraction from what is going on in places like Libya and Syria.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Grey Magic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Are you sure it is the same people? Maybe some people cry "fear monger" all of the time at everything..and some people fall for the fear mongering all of the time at everything.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
So there seems to be a constant condemnation on ATS of the MSM about how it's ramping up the fear and hype for Hurricane Irene, fair enough too I suppose but I can also see why they would hype it up so much...apart from being the media and that's what they do, they also feel that the average person is very complacent and need a bit of a push to be prepared.

Anyway, I digress, the reason for this post is because whilst a lot of members of ATS condemn this fear mongering from the MSM, many will then go and get drawn in by the same sort of thing from a non MSM source...GFL anybody? Elenin? Nibiru? Earthquake predictions?

I think many need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Anyway..just an observation.

This cracks me up too. I live in the gulf and we see these kind of storms all the time. EVERY year at this time there is some kind of tropical storm or hurricane blowing around. This one isn't even that strong, there will be some flooding, but, it won't rip the whole eastern seaboard off the map. If you listen to CNN it is the freaking apocalypse and everyone must run away or die. It is a very common storm that happens all the time NOT a HAARP attack by the reptilians lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

I'm sure it's some of the same people but I'm not going to start singling them out

Just for clarity, I'm basing my assumptions on what the general trend seems to be as I read threads and posts.

edit on 27/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
They are slowly turning every day events into emergencies though, so if everything nowadays is an emergency, then what is a real emergency?

They are fear mongering a "tropical storm" for New England, period. It's not about the wind speeds anymore, it's about the flooding that will occur now. A little bit of common sense can save the state budgets millions! But that's not their agenda, if it was, that's how it would be.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

top topics

join