It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF VIA CONNECTIONS! Space happenings affect Earth!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

Gosh, so it is! Thanks for the correction.

No point scanning the 1990 headlines then, OP. It all happened long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Connect enough together on the web of a subject and is that not how we arrive at a conclusion?

That’s how gossips, rumour-mongers, propagandists and hysterics arrive at a conclusion.

The proper way to understand something is to examine the available evidence carefully and knowledgeably, and see what that suggests. The conclusion should then be tested against the evidence to see if it flies.

Building artificial connexions between events is what crazy people do. Don’t make yourself into a crazy person.

I like your screen name very much, by the way.

edit on 28/8/11 by Astyanax because:

Evidence by itself doesn't suggest anything, the mind must interpret multiple different inputs to come to a conclusion. even then a theory does not mean it is in fact true.

i Appreciate the constructive criticism, but i could care less what the established science community considers facts. for arguments sake i barely made my way through basic algebra.

My point being that i wanted to bring an idea to the attention of people that are smarter than me and could provide insight.

Also, please be aware that many of the pioneers of history were considered crazy, ask your self if you would have believed the earth revolved around the sun when they first told you. Progress cannot be had without the crazy people like Galileo, Franklin, Jung, Tesla etc. the status quo does only one thing and that is maintain the status.

Dont be upset when those of us with imaginations attempt to use them

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

i could care less what the established science community considers facts. for arguments sake i barely made my way through basic algebra.

That’s not the fault of the ‘established science community’. Nor is it algebra’s.

Your line of thinking seems to be: if I don’t understand it, it’s not worth caring about. Can you see how foolish (and dangerous) that is?

Also, please be aware that many of the pioneers of history were considered crazy, ask your self if you would have believed the earth revolved around the sun when they first told you.

Presented with the evidence, as provided by Copernicus, I most probably would have.

Progress cannot be had without the crazy people like Galileo, Franklin, Jung, Tesla etc. the status quo does only one thing and that is maintain the status.

Can you show me where Galileo, Franklin and Jung were considered crazy? Jung actually was crazy, but I don’t believe anybody actually said he was. As for Tesla, he was mad. As a result, the brilliance of his early work soon gave way to comic-book inventions and fantasy physics. Which ignorant people still believe in, as if Tesla were a prophet and Teslaism some kind of religion.

Dont be upset when those of us with imaginations attempt to use them.

I use my imagination for a living, mate. I have more imagination in my left little toe than most people have in their entire bodies. But my imagination is disciplined by education. That makes it more powerful, and ensures that the things resulting from it actually make sense and work. My imagination makes me a damn’ good living.

I posted in this thread with the intention of correcting some of your errors and helping you understand the truth about certain things. In exchange, I get some patronizing claptrap about my lack of imagination and some self-justifying poppycock about the ‘established science community’. Very well, stew in your own ignorance and delusion for all I care. Just remember that the world is going on without you, and your attitude will merely result in your becoming ever more marginalized and helpless – just another ignorant, exploited, self-satisfied consumer who mistakes commercial entertainment for real life. Have fun.

edit on 29/8/11 by Astyanax because: of claptrap.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

So tesla's work was fantasy physics? Wow, it's worse than I thought, you really are attached to the tit of what you are told.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So tesla's work was fantasy physics?

Not his early work, which was a valid contribution. But his death-rays and electric-field powered flying machines, his insistence on the existence of an ether and much of his later activity were impractical and theoretically unsound. He was also, quite evidently, mentally unhinged by that time.

Wow, it's worse than I thought, you really are attached to the tit of what you are told.

Charming. How did you form your opinions about Tesla? Do you know enough physics to judge for yourself? Do you fiddlesticks. You don’t even know algebra, how could you possibly deal with the mathematics of something like Maxwell’s equations, which you would need to know in order to make an informed judgement about Tesla? You don’t even know enough physics to understand that a star we see exploding today in a galaxy 21 million light-years away actually exploded 21 million years ago; you think it’s causing earthquakes through quantum entanglement! Which you quite clearly don’t know the meaning of either.

You are the one attached to ‘the tit of what you have been told’ by some stupid ignorance-promoting book or TV programme or web site. Another genius who mistakes what the media tells him for real life. Well, take comfort in this, junior: only people as ignorant and presuming as yourself will ever take you seriously, on this web site or any place else. This is your life, kid; better get used to holding the short straw, because, with this kind of attitude, it is the only straw you will ever get your mitts on.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

What if i were to tell you, that a relatively small object 235,000 miles away can move entire oceans several feet?

what say you then?

also...
cosmic rays may influence loud formation

food for thought

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

What if i were to tell you, that a relatively small object 235,000 miles away can move entire oceans several feet?

I would roll about laughing at the thought that anyone could possibly imagine the gravitational influence of the moon on Earth’s tides was in any way comparable to the explosion of a supernova 21 million years ago in a galaxy more than 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles away.

cosmic rays may influence loud formation

How loud?

edit on 4/9/11 by Astyanax because: of fatal errors.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join