It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF VIA CONNECTIONS! Space happenings affect Earth!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So i found this article at around 7:30 today, then started researching from there. Please bear with my simplistic visuals as i wanted to ignite this possible idea as soon as possible.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/147a70efeb6a.png[/atsimg]

why is this early? did they have advanced warning? this is coming from the northwest direction if youre in the northern hemisphere and it will eminate from the pinwheel galaxy m101 which is located directly above the big dippers handle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8d68e993450.png[/atsimg]

info that stuck out at me. The VA earthquake happened on this day

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e57aeac99a29.png[/atsimg]

then NASA starts researching as soon as they can get the hubble into position.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db80160ee51d.png[/atsimg]

Lastly how i decided to try to place these chain of events onto our normal calender

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ab0b4be196f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a002f2194a36.jpg[/atsimg]

Again, im sorry this thread is so hastily put together. consider this raw information for discussion to be mulled over.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So what are you getting at??

A star has exploded, it takes time for the light to get here....whats the issue/?

EDIT: Oooooooooooooooh you think they are covering Nibiru up....a star exploded is the explanation for another planet entering our solar system....BUT, you are wrong on sooooo many levels

edit on 27-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
21 million light years away.

Color me ascared.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

A star has exploded, it takes time for the light to get here....whats the issue/?

EDIT: Oooooooooooooooh you think they are covering Nibiru up....a star exploded is the explanation for another planet entering our solar system....BUT, you are wrong on sooooo many levels

no you said that.

i just simply pointed out the times and events

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

I'm just going to point out the fact that The Telegraph is a British paper. Where I am it is almost 10 PM. Britain is five hours ahead of me (and seven hours ahead of you). Therefore it is currently 3 AM on August 28 in Britain.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Color me ascared.

yes and we knew it by electrons, approximately 12 days before we are supposed to be able to see it visually.

explain that?

does that mean the speed of electron communication is 12 times the speed of light?
186,000 milespersecond X 12 = 2,232,000 milespersecond?

i hope people smarter than me see this thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Regardless of connections, I have heard scientists talk about these events anytime from now and the next billion years. Nice to see we are getting to see a lot of happenings in our lifetime.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I'm just going to point out the fact that The Telegraph is a British paper. Where I am it is almost 10 PM. Britain is five hours ahead of me (and seven hours ahead of you). Therefore it is currently 3 AM on August 28 in Britain.

ok yes that is true i must have seen their article posted a little bit after midnight i guess their time.

but regardless of the fact it is all a synchronicity.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog

no you said that.

i just simply pointed out the times and events

Can you explain the thread title?
Proof of what ? where ? I'm a bit confused...
Your mspaint edited to add text pictures are supposed to be a proof ? if so, a proof for what ? I don't get it... Stars turning into supernovas are quite common... even our sun will do so at some point... A star exploding at a such distance is nothing to worry about for us...
btw, you should try Gimp to edit your pictures, just google for it... it's a free and open source picture editor, it includes many advanced features, but more important and usefull for that kind of work, it allows you to write clean text with real fonts, so it doesn't look like a 3yo kid trying to write with his first pencil (no offense, but mouse-writing stinks...). It's pretty easy to do, just use the "A" shaped icon

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The title of the article is misleading. The supernova is already visible from Earth and has been since Tuesday. There's actually a topic about it on here somewhere. Pictures were even supplied. Unless you knew what you were looking for you wouldn't be able to distinguish the supernova from any other star. I am however looking forward to the shots that Hubble gets.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MBUK3D

I believe what you are referring to is Betelgeuse going supernova. This has yet to happen, but there it will eventually occur and be very obvious from Earth. The star this article refers to is a different one and unless you know where to look and what to look for it's not very obvious at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1

Can you explain the thread title?
Proof of what ? where ? I'm a bit confused...
Your mspaint edited to add text pictures are supposed to be a proof ? if so, a proof for what ? I don't get it... Stars turning into supernovas are quite common... even our sun will do so at some point... A star exploding at a such distance is nothing to worry about for us...
btw, you should try Gimp to edit your pictures, just google for it... it's a free and open source picture editor, it includes many advanced features, but more important and usefull for that kind of work, it allows you to write clean text with real fonts, so it doesn't look like a 3yo kid trying to write with his first pencil (no offense, but mouse-writing stinks...). It's pretty easy to do, just use the "A" shaped icon

Yes the Proof via Connections is meant to be a satire, of course there is no proof, yet. but the idea of quantum connectivity can be applied here could it not? im just saying alot of events seem to coincide with each other.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I guess your Jump To Conclusions Mat arrived from eBay? I don't think the OP said that anywhere whatsoever.

Originally posted by Illustronic

Color me ascared.

If you have no interest in the subject, why are you posting? Artificially boosting your post count? Find something else to do if you cannot contribute in any useful way and have no interest in the subject.

OP I think you have done some good work here and I'm excited to try and see this supernova. Someone said that it's already visible if you know what to look for. Well, I spend a lot of time outside at night looking at the stars while I wait for my girlfriend to get home (she has no specific hours at her job so I am out there for many hours a night) and last night I certainly DID notice something unusual, a star that seemed out of place (at least going by my memory) and very very bright. However I recently lost my glasses so it was just a blurry object. :'(

I would like to see some of these pictures that people have captured. Very cool information! Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Its what they are implying though...thats fairly clear from the title

Proof of what? An alien planet heading towards ours

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

The supernova can be found (if you have a good telescope and are familiar with what is supposed to be there) in the northwest after sunset, a bit above the last two stars of the Big Dipper's handle.

But unless you know what you're looking for you won't notice it. It isn't very bright and it won't be since the dying star that produced it is 21 million light years away..

edit on 8/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

"Correlation does not equal causation."

Write it 100 times.

Copy-and-paste is not allowed.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Saint Exupery because: sizing didn't work

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

A supernova is a stellar explosion that is more energetic than a nova. Supernovae are extremely luminous and cause a burst of radiation that often briefly outshines an entire galaxy, before fading from view over several weeks or months. However this particular supernova appears to be rather wimpy as we see below can hardly be picked out from the light of the galaxy it resides in. Considering the distance the galaxy is from us, I hardly expect the night sky to appear any different than before this went off. However we may not have yet seen it's maximum luminosity, and savvy astronomers with exceptional equipment will be watching, which doesn't include me. I'll have to wait for Betelgeuse to go to see my night sky appear any different.

I wonder what kind of images Hubble will be able to reveal though.

edit on 28-8-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

"Correlation does not equal causation."

Not in and by itself, but connect enough together on the web of a subject and is that not how we arrive at a conclusion?

Its what they are implying though...thats fairly clear from the title

Proof of what? An alien planet heading towards ours

I'm implying the possibility that an energetic stellar event can effect the earths weather and surface through the theorized impossibly fast quantum "spooky action at a distance" connections.
edit on 8/28/2011 by Deafseeingeyedog because: elaboration

Originally posted by Phage

The supernova can be found (if you have a good telescope and are familiar with what is supposed to be there) in the northwest after sunset, a bit above the last two stars of the Big Dipper's handle.

But unless you know what you're looking for you won't notice it. It isn't very bright and it won't be since the dying star that produced it is 21 million light years away..

edit on 8/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

yes exactly the simplest way to find it, tell your friends, this hasnt happened since 1987.
edit on 8/28/2011 by Deafseeingeyedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

This is actually a reply to all your posts.

First, it was a bit naughty of you to leave out the link.

I got curious about what you meant by

we knew it by electrons, approximately 12 days before we are supposed to be able to see it visually

so I googled the headline and found the article. This is the only mention of ‘electrons’ in it:

"Most amateur astronomers detect supernovas using electronic sensors, so to be able to see one at all is tremendous and to be able to see it using binoculars is pretty much unprecedented.

These ‘electronic sensors’ are called radio telescopes. Radio energy is a kind of electromagnetic radiation. It is carried by photons and travels at the same speed as ordinary light.

Supernovas tend to be much ‘brighter’ at invisible radio frequencies than at visible-light frequencies. So it is much easier to spot a supernova using a radio telescope than with a visible-light instrument.

As the explosion continues over the next few days, it will get brighter at visible-light frequencies, and then we shall be able to see it.

This light is really no different from the other kinds of light raining down on Earth from the heavens, except that, compared to even the light from an ordinary, visible, star, it is very weak. That’s why you need a telescope to see it.

Compared to the radiation we get from the Sun, it is almost nonexistent.

It certainly cannot have caused earthquakes, hurricanes or anything else on Earth.

All this has nothing to do with electrons, by the way.

No synchronicity

Please note that this star exploded 21 years ago. It is so far away that it took 21 years for the ‘light’ (really mostly radio waves) from it to get here. Synchronicity of any kind, therefore, is completely ruled out. So are any quantum-entanglement effects, since they, too, would have occurred 21 years ago. Maybe you should scan the headlines of 1990 and see whether the supernova caused any of them!

Connect enough together on the web of a subject and is that not how we arrive at a conclusion?

That’s how gossips, rumour-mongers, propagandists and hysterics arrive at a conclusion.

The proper way to understand something is to examine the available evidence carefully and knowledgeably, and see what that suggests. The conclusion should then be tested against the evidence to see if it flies.

Building artificial connexions between events is what crazy people do. Don’t make yourself into a crazy person.

I like your screen name very much, by the way.

edit on 28/8/11 by Astyanax because:

jra

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Please note that this star exploded 21 years ago. It is so far away that it took 21 years for the ‘light’ (really mostly radio waves) from it to get here.

Just a minor correction, but that should be 21 million years ago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join