Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What Happens To The Souls Of The 40 Million Babies That Are Aborted Every Year ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The are all waiting to ask women who have abortions one simple question.....why?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What's also staggering, using the stats you provided and the current wikipedia world population July 2011 census and projections for the next 39 years, is if those 40 million unwanted fetuses a year are born (not counting 20-50 % chance of miscarriage but yes the deaths) then instead of 7.5-10.5 billion people by 2050... more than 12,750,000,000 by 2050!!! Ugh, tedious maths but can show my work at some point if requested.

Other members already said it best about where the soul goes pretty much. I personally don't believe a zygote has one. Nor an embryo. Maybe a fetus has one or human rights when it becomes viable to live outside the womb, slightly before 39 weeks. That's why late term abortions are for the most part outlawed, the fetus is developed enough to MAYBE come out alive and it feels pain. But is reacting to pain a sign of having a soul or just a reaction?! hmmmm

It also got me thinking, if we have souls in utero, then why can't no one remember it? I tend to think the soul enters the body as a young child then we start to develop our personalities, learn and recall information.

I've not had an abortion but I think it's an important right for females to have a choice. If they didn't, women would revert back to unlicensed back-alley practitioners, taking crap loads of Vit C+herbal abortion or hiding their pregnancy, giving birth in the bathroom throw the baby in the trash. Women need options for their own health, safety, well being and that of the fetus/child. Take that away and "desperate times call for desperate measures"

Also, realize accidents do happen. Not everyone who has terminated pregnancy is a slag. I'm married but not comfortable enough in my financial situation to have a kid, so I'd consider abortion if I wasn't ready. Plus, birth sounds so scary! Some women are tocophobic. Try to understand.

edit on 8/28/2011 by moogle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Where does all the sperm and ovaries go when people decide to masturbate, have periods or have safe sex. Shouldn't they all have the chance to be a baby and a human being?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Hahah... with men expelling 50 - 500 million sperm per ejaculation... that is hilarious. Is it wasting 499,999 million when it only takes one?

1 man, on average has enough ejaculate to fill up a 40 gallon bathtub in his lifetime. Are you saying all those potential spawns ought to be born?

Besides, dudes need to jerk off, otherwise they are aggressive, go to war, blow themselves up for examples. If a man wants to spread his seed (not waste, in his mind) then go down and get paid at the sperm bank I guess.

Should women not waste their eggs and pump out 20 babies like the Duggars? What if they can't afford it, cost taxpayer money on welfare (or UK council houses) but have more sprogs anyway because of moral qualms and the kids have to do without so many things such as not enough individual attention. etc etc etc

Maybe if we lived on a planet the size of a sun or bigger. Get real.

The eggs and extra sperm, they go in the trash in the condoms and tampons. The world population is already crazy. That's where they need to go if people can't properly take care of a baby, afford it, don't want one, many more reasons.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This kind of thing annoys the living hell outa me. Where is the evidence that an aborted foetus contains a human soul???? All they have ever proven is that a foetus can respond to a stimulus. That in itself does not prove the foetus contained a human soul.

Those who push the argument of the OP are simply trying to make a scientific fact say something it does not.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
This kind of thing annoys the living hell outa me. Where is the evidence that an aborted foetus contains a human soul???? All they have ever proven is that a foetus can respond to a stimulus. That in itself does not prove the foetus contained a human soul.

Those who push the argument of the OP are simply trying to make a scientific fact say something it does not.

Souls probably don't exist at any age. People here are only believing they do exist because they've been told they exist. It's all blind faith a.k.a brainwashing. It amazes me that people can believe these absolutely amazing things like us all having souls and going to heaven or hell e.c.t just because it said so in a book that was written by multiple men. 99 percent of you have been brainwashed into religion since birth which is why your conviction is so strong, it's not that you have faith really, it's that you've been brainwashed. I'm not even saying this maliciously or to cause offence, I just see it as a fact.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
What happens to the souls of the 40,000,000 babies that are aborted every year?

Very good question.

That would depend on your point of view I would imagine. If you believe the brain is the seat of the soul and the natural development of the human brain brings the soul into being, then it would depend on at which point in development the brain in which the soul is created, or comes into being.

If you believe that God breathes the soul into the baby at some point during pregnancy, then that's really up to God isn't it? It would depend on when he decided to breathe the soul into that life. From there, you have to consider whether God, knowing the abortion will happen( how could he not know ), would he in fact breathe that soul into life and hold it accountable? Would God, in his infinite wisdom, knowing that a child is to be aborted before coming to term and experiencing life in this world, WASTE something as precious as a soul?

I think you have to at some point realize that if there is a God, he is smarter than you, much smarter than you give him credit for. He is either the vicious bastard of the Old Testament, or the loving God of the New Testament. In either case, you will never know why he does the things he does. You must either have faith that he is smart enough not to waste a soul, or resign yourself in the knowledge that he is vicious and has already consigned those souls to hell for absolutely no reason and being God, he owes you no explanation.

No matter what the case is, you can answer this question for yourself in your own heart of hearts with your particular belief system by asking yourself one simple question: What do I really believe? When you truly know the answer to that question, you will have your answer.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
They are born in sin and roast in hell for infinity i guess

Except they aren't at the age of accountability. They go to heaven.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Souls probably don't exist at any age. People here are only believing they do exist because they've been told they exist. It's all blind faith a.k.a brainwashing. It amazes me that people can believe these absolutely amazing things like us all having souls and going to heaven or hell e.c.t just because it said so in a book that was written by multiple men. 99 percent of you have been brainwashed into religion since birth which is why your conviction is so strong, it's not that you have faith really, it's that you've been brainwashed. I'm not even saying this maliciously or to cause offence, I just see it as a fact.

I got $5.00 wanna sell yours?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
dont they go to limbo or something? at least thats where I thing dantes inferno put them.

ps. abortions aren't the problem. not having the money or education to raise a child in this world is the problem.
edit on 27-8-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

A-friggin-men. Why bring MORE people into this world who are going to suffer and drain the economy? Probably kill themselves anyway because their lives are terrible.

I know that's a morbid response. But that's the mood I'm in this evening!
are you glad that you were'nt aborted?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

you didn't answer his question. is this religious or a social commentary?

i put this thread into the "social" forum,but i have no control where it stays and it got moved to the "rant" forum?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
What happens to the souls of the hundreds of millions of animals killed each year by other animals and humans in the most grizzly and painful of fasions??? What about the hundreds of thousands of souls of human beings we allow to starve to death or be casualties in wars fought over resources we all take for granted in some form or another?

Believe me, there are far worse nightmares happening on this planet.
the number of "legalized murders" that i feel abortion is,dwarfs all other casuality/starvation statistics combined. 40 million abortions every year equals out to 320 million in 8 years!...or...640 million in 16 years!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

why not both, while money is being spent on nonsense like,CEO raises and the such

well instead of trying to prevent future babies, lets first feed the current babies. once everyone's belly is full. use the money to educate. but none of this is going to happen. because of what you said "CEO raises and such" its terrible. imagine how our species looks to aliens.

"they dont feed their babies, and they blow each other up" - brilliant.
your comment is awesome! ^^^

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog

Originally posted by blocula
this is a truly staggering number, yet its totally accurate and unfortunately true. and those that argue about wether or not the fetus is human, during the first trimester or second trimester or whenever is a sad excuse. i see no argument at all. obviously the fetus is going to be a person, what else? a rock?, a cat?,a tree?...no...a human being, a beautiful baby boy or girl. if there is a soul, a life force and i believe there is. then theres an extreme amount of souls being sent to "who knows where" every day of every year through abortions all over the world. there is on average, 40 million abortions every year, 80 million abortions every two years,160 million abortions every four years and so on and so on! we are presently living within and have been for many years, the most horrible and protracted genocide in the history of the world. no wonder to me why theres so much evil in this world. theres a lot of men and women out there that love to play around, but dont want anything to do with the consequences. they just casually erase the unborn baby from their lives. i'm glad my mother did'nt feel that way about me. i actually knew a woman who went to work at nine one morning, went out during her lunch break and had an abortion and was out dancing in a club that very same night...its unbelievable!...heres the brutal and sad statistics >>>www.abortionno.org...
edit on 27-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Maybe they are like fruit without seed. Maybe a soul doesn't want to choose that life as a result of being born there. I guess if it isn't destined to have a soul and is aborted, then it doesnt matter, as it is only a physical container for the soul.
i think that believing our souls choose what happens to them is an excuse for not wanting to face up to what "we" are doing to them through abortion.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by moogle
reply to post by blocula

What's also staggering, using the stats you provided and the current wikipedia world population July 2011 census and projections for the next 39 years, is if those 40 million unwanted fetuses a year are born (not counting 20-50 % chance of miscarriage but yes the deaths) then instead of 7.5-10.5 billion people by 2050... more than 12,750,000,000 by 2050!!! Ugh, tedious maths but can show my work at some point if requested.

Other members already said it best about where the soul goes pretty much. I personally don't believe a zygote has one. Nor an embryo. Maybe a fetus has one or human rights when it becomes viable to live outside the womb, slightly before 39 weeks. That's why late term abortions are for the most part outlawed, the fetus is developed enough to MAYBE come out alive and it feels pain. But is reacting to pain a sign of having a soul or just a reaction?! hmmmm

It also got me thinking, if we have souls in utero, then why can't no one remember it? I tend to think the soul enters the body as a young child then we start to develop our personalities, learn and recall information.

I've not had an abortion but I think it's an important right for females to have a choice. If they didn't, women would revert back to unlicensed back-alley practitioners, taking crap loads of Vit C+herbal abortion or hiding their pregnancy, giving birth in the bathroom throw the baby in the trash. Women need options for their own health, safety, well being and that of the fetus/child. Take that away and "desperate times call for desperate measures"

Also, realize accidents do happen. Not everyone who has terminated pregnancy is a slag. I'm married but not comfortable enough in my financial situation to have a kid, so I'd consider abortion if I wasn't ready. Plus, birth sounds so scary! Some women are tocophobic. Try to understand.

40 million "accidents" ^^^^ a year!?!? come on,people dont care, they play around and then just erase the outcome

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

have you ever seen color pictures of late term aborted babies? i wont even link one,thats how horrible they are to look at!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
heres a link that actually shows "known" abortions as they are happening in real time! >>>www.worldometers.info...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Ive heard crying before by what sounded like thousands of infants on EVP in old hospitals and morgues and i always got this sick feeling that they are stuck somewhere unable to get out. They are in pain lots of pain and it doesnt seem like anything on the other side even tries to help them. Its not their fault at all why they should go through what they do and all this really brings into question WTF GOD is doing? If any of you ever come across something like this you are obligated as a good person to try and relese these spirts however you can, I have no idea how and it makes me feel helpless. Maybe once my body has breathed its last breath and i can get out of it maybe there is something i can do from the other side.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
reply to post by blocula

Ive heard crying before by what sounded like thousands of infants on EVP in old hospitals and morgues and i always got this sick feeling that they are stuck somewhere unable to get out. They are in pain lots of pain and it doesnt seem like anything on the other side even tries to help them. Its not their fault at all why they should go through what they do and all this really brings into question WTF GOD is doing? If any of you ever come across something like this you are obligated as a good person to try and relese these spirts however you can, I have no idea how and it makes me feel helpless. Maybe once my body has breathed its last breath and i can get out of it maybe there is something i can do from the other side.
thanx for your comment...war,genocide,abortion,starvation,homelessness,drug addiction, i could go on and on...is there even a god?...probably not and if there is ,he/she/it, is probably evil or enjoys doing nothing while evil things happen over and over...
edit on 28-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What ignorant crap this is. You can't blame people for abortions, its society and the lifestyle we live. Things like Christianity are against abortions, then you get idiots having multiple babies they can't take care of and those kids turn into monsters or just end up dead. The problem isn't the abortions, its the result of a broken social system. Do you really want to punish a child with parents that cannot raise it properly? We live in a world obsessed with sex, easy fast sex, looks, money and power. Babies are the result of this. The world also lacks good education. You ever see that late night commercial begging for money to feed little Peeko and his 18 brothers who have no parents? Thanks Christianity for tearing apart culture and causing poverty and strife and promoting anti-abortion policies. Now we have a bunch of kids who would be better off dead than suffering through short, dirty lives. And what about rape and disease? We are in the dark ages, man. Do you really want a rape victim raising the kid, with a possible disease, and the constant reminder of being raped? The mom will prolly go nuts schizophrenic and make the kid crazy too....not to mention the kid having mad daddy issues, if it doesn't have aids that is. Fix the system and abortion is not needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join