It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I am proud of the UK!! I like my Country!!

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Your proud of this World?
Absolutely!

We have Democracy and the ability to say how we feel!
We have a brilliant Justice system which most of the time works and keeps us safe!
We have a good social fund for those unfortunate people without jobs (I have just been lucky!)
We generally look after and respect each other!
We aren't going through a famine!
Illness is pretty low considering other countries!

There is a few negative as well but to be frank, I don't care about them. I am happy to live here in the UK and I think alot of people should take heed of this note and start looking at positives in your own country.




posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm proud of the UK! *Correction - not world lol*



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good for you!!

I am not so proud because democracy has allowed two parties that didn't receive a mandate to run the country absolutely rip its soul apart.

The Social Fund of which you talk about was put in place to assist the most needy. Unfortunately it has been abused on so many levels.

Freedom to do what? Have you been to parliament square of late? Tried peacefully protesting? Don't even bother to try if you haven't, you will soon be arrested.

Tolerant of each other? Okay you obviously do not live in a deprived area or have any knowledge of said areas.

Deaths due to cancer and heart disease is higher than some third world countries and before we start a lot of this is due to poor living habits, brought about through deprivation.

Famine? Well we do have a great climate if you have a penchant for rain.

There are so many errors with what you have to say I'm afraid. And no I am not unemployed, I earn a decent salary, but do have a grip on reality.

ETA:- You are proud of a justice system that can jail someone for aceepting clothing that was looted (not by the person jailed), yet overlook so many discrepencies involving the looting of the public funds by M.P's? Man you are either a Troll or a Conservative, My hope is the former.
edit on 27/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas
 


I love my country too, but I hate the corruption that runs in our government.




posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Your reply is all wrong. Very wrong. Your opinion but not agreeable.



Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Good for you!!

I am not so proud because democracy has allowed two parties that didn't receive a mandate to run the country absolutely rip its soul apart.
Id hardly say the UK's soul has been ripped apart. OK they had differences but ultimatley both parties were acting or trying to act in the beneficial result for the UK people.

The Social Fund of which you talk about was put in place to assist the most needy. Unfortunately it has been abused on so many levels.
It does get abused yes but I can over look this factor simply by thinking if the fund wasn't available..alot of people who rely on it would suffer dramatically. When I pay my tax I don't think of the users I think of the people who really need it.

Freedom to do what? Have you been to parliament square of late? Tried peacefully protesting? Don't even bother to try if you haven't, you will soon be arrested.
We have freedom unlike a lot of other countries! I don't need to explain this term any further.

Tolerant of each other? Okay you obviously do not live in a deprived area or have any knowledge of said areas.
You must not be living in the same country as me. Tolerance... anything goes in the UK! It's not about deprived areas at all. Tolerance for race, religion and discrimination!

Deaths due to cancer and heart disease is higher than some third world countries and before we start a lot of this is due to poor living habits, brought about through deprivation.

Famine? Well we do have a great climate if you have a penchant for rain.
Yes it rain's alot but it also sunshines as well! We have a good ratio when it comes to weather statistics. Without rain the UK wouldn't be the UK!

There are so many errors with what you have to say I'm afraid. And no I am not unemployed, I earn a decent salary, but do have a grip on reality.



Your whole outlook on the country you live in is shocking. You may have had a bad hand... haven't we all! Try not to be so negative.. your not being, 'realistic' your pointing out the simple bad things which when you re look at them you can easily turn them around.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
Your reply is all wrong. Very wrong. Your opinion but not agreeable.



Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Good for you!!

I am not so proud because democracy has allowed two parties that didn't receive a mandate to run the country absolutely rip its soul apart.
Id hardly say the UK's soul has been ripped apart. OK they had differences but ultimatley both parties were acting or trying to act in the beneficial result for the UK people.

The Social Fund of which you talk about was put in place to assist the most needy. Unfortunately it has been abused on so many levels.
It does get abused yes but I can over look this factor simply by thinking if the fund wasn't available..alot of people who rely on it would suffer dramatically. When I pay my tax I don't think of the users I think of the people who really need it.

Freedom to do what? Have you been to parliament square of late? Tried peacefully protesting? Don't even bother to try if you haven't, you will soon be arrested.
We have freedom unlike a lot of other countries! I don't need to explain this term any further.

Tolerant of each other? Okay you obviously do not live in a deprived area or have any knowledge of said areas.
You must not be living in the same country as me. Tolerance... anything goes in the UK! It's not about deprived areas at all. Tolerance for race, religion and discrimination!

Deaths due to cancer and heart disease is higher than some third world countries and before we start a lot of this is due to poor living habits, brought about through deprivation.

Famine? Well we do have a great climate if you have a penchant for rain.
Yes it rain's alot but it also sunshines as well! We have a good ratio when it comes to weather statistics. Without rain the UK wouldn't be the UK!

There are so many errors with what you have to say I'm afraid. And no I am not unemployed, I earn a decent salary, but do have a grip on reality.



Your whole outlook on the country you live in is shocking. You may have had a bad hand... haven't we all! Try not to be so negative.. your not being, 'realistic' your pointing out the simple bad things which when you re look at them you can easily turn them around.


I have not had a bad hand. I have worked for the state for the last twenty years and I an remunerated quite well. I am comfortably well off, I have a nice house (no mortgage) a lovely family and some of the greatest friends anyone could wish for. It is you who is Trolling I'm afraid. This country is on the verge of an uprise and all the rotten jail sentences that are being served out now, won't change a single thing.

You are living in a world with rose tinted glasses. Be prepared that is the only advice I can afford you. Peace.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I have not had a bad hand. I have worked for the state for the last twenty years and I an remunerated quite well. I am comfortably well off, I have a nice house (no mortgage) a lovely family and some of the greatest friends anyone could wish for. It is you who is Trolling I'm afraid. This country is on the verge of an uprise and all the rotten jail sentences that are being served out now, won't change a single thing.

You are living in a world with rose tinted glasses. Be prepared that is the only advice I can afford you. Peace.

Do you think you'd have a nice house and be as comfortable as you say you are if you perhaps lived in Africa?
I do not have no Rose tinted glasses, I can see everything clear.
Maybe you could get on to Shirley Phelps Roper and work on her campaign for the UK side? UK IS DOOMED.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You Sir are a patriot of, and for, the UK.

In this day and age, a true American admires the free patriotism of it's free and peaceful neighbors.
G_D bless America and the UK, along with ALL it's friends!

SnF



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978
 



It is you who is Trolling I'm afraid


I don't think you understand the meaning of the word. The OP is not trolling. You cannot troll your own thread really.

Give the guy a break. There should be more like him happy with their lot and appreciative of what they have.


edit on 27/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas

I have not had a bad hand. I have worked for the state for the last twenty years and I an remunerated quite well. I am comfortably well off, I have a nice house (no mortgage) a lovely family and some of the greatest friends anyone could wish for. It is you who is Trolling I'm afraid. This country is on the verge of an uprise and all the rotten jail sentences that are being served out now, won't change a single thing.

You are living in a world with rose tinted glasses. Be prepared that is the only advice I can afford you. Peace.

Do you think you'd have a nice house and be as comfortable as you say you are if you perhaps lived in Africa?
I do not have no Rose tinted glasses, I can see everything clear.
Maybe you could get on to Shirley Phelps Roper and work on her campaign for the UK side? UK IS DOOMED.

The U.K is not comparable to some areas of Africa and why do you think that is?

Africa has been left to rot by the Western World.

Have you ever been to Africa? Many parts are beautiful and many people live in Idelallic parts. They wouldn't exchange their life for yours for all the riches in the world.

Have you ever visited an area of deprivation in the U.K?

If so, please I implore you, to tell what you you have stated to the people living in those areas and try to convince them how great this country is.

How ignorant to compare this country to Africa. Many areas of Africa have been ripped apart due to colonialism and yet you have the bare faced cheek to compare it to the U.K?

The more you type, the more you reveal your Conservatism.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Cobaltic1978
 



It is you who is Trolling I'm afraid


I don't think you understand the meaning of the word. The OP is not trolling. You cannot troll your own thread really.

Give the guy a break. There should be more like him happy with their lot and appreciative of what they have.


edit on 27/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)


I do understand the definition and of course you can start a thread in order to Troll.

Just because you start a so called patriotic thread when we all know, from recent occurences, this country is far from idyllic.


edit on 27/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
*********************************
The U.K is not comparable to some areas of Africa and why do you think that is?

Africa has been left to rot by the Western World.

Have you ever been to Africa? Many parts are beautiful and many people live in Idelallic parts. They wouldn't exchange their life for yours for all the riches in the world.

Have you ever visited an area of deprivation in the U.K?

If so, please I implore you, to tell what you you have stated to the people living in those areas and try to convince them how great this country is.

How ignorant to compare this country to Africa. Many areas of Africa have been ripped apart due to colonialism and yet you have the bare faced cheek to compare it to the U.K?

The more you type, the more you reveal your Conservatism.
*************************************

First of all, trolling...? It's not my thing, I just get annoyed when we can't appreciate the Country we live in. I am not saying the UK is amazing and it has no problems of it's own.. I am fully aware of the problems. I am just trying to make light of the good things within our Country.

I used Africa as an example, not meaning the whole of Africa I was just talking about the deprived locations there and how little people have and the lack of resources like we do. I wouldn't call that being ignorant... I say that's more me understanding how fortunate we are.

Deprived areas of the UK. OK yes people are in poverty here BUT like I stated, we do have a good social fund which is fully accessible to those people and we also have local charities who help people in special circumstances.

I am sorry if I come across as argumentative early, I love everyone and everything in this world, we are all one. So please accept my apology and just look at the brighter side of the UK. Your obviously older than me and probably alot more wise than I am but yeah in a round about way... just be happy to live in the UK!

Tacka
(Take Care)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
OP, I'm afraid you'd have to be pretty blind not to see what there us for Brits not to be proud of. You talk about democracy when the banks tell the government what to do, not the people. And we get a basic choice between a handful of parties that can afford to run a publicized campaign. I'm proud if our islands warrior spirit and the good intentions of some of its people. Take a look at what's happening in Iceland right now. If we were capable of saying no to government the way they seem to have, then we'd have plenty to be proud of.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978
 


The only troll on this thread is you - trying to be disruptive as is the way of trolls.


The U.K is not comparable to some areas of Africa and why do you think that is?

Africa has been left to rot by the Western World.

Have you ever been to Africa? Many parts are beautiful and many people live in Idelallic parts. They wouldn't exchange their life for yours for all the riches in the world.

Have you ever visited an area of deprivation in the U.K?

If so, please I implore you, to tell what you you have stated to the people living in those areas and try to convince them how great this country is.

How ignorant to compare this country to Africa. Many areas of Africa have been ripped apart due to colonialism and yet you have the bare faced cheek to compare it to the U.K?

The more you type, the more you reveal your Conservatism.


What exactly was that diatribe all about then. Most areas of Africa that were controlled by colonialism have actually suffered after the withdrawal of same. That is not to say it was idyllic under colonial rule. You need to calm down a bit as the OP was not comparing it to the UK. Why don't you go back and read what was written?

Oh, by the way have you been to Africa and do you live in a deprived area of the UK? I suspect you are too young to remember Rhodesia and the older colonial Africa.

Why don't you try going to one of the deprived areas of the UK and instead of looking for those who hate look at how humanity thrives even in depression. There are many people in these areas that who would not say that they have a great existence, but who get on with what they have.

All governments are corrupt and all parties are as bad as each other.

All you are doing is trying to suppress human spirit by being rude and disruptive. That is trolling.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypernova86
OP, I'm afraid you'd have to be pretty blind not to see what there us for Brits not to be proud of. You talk about democracy when the banks tell the government what to do, not the people. And we get a basic choice between a handful of parties that can afford to run a publicized campaign. I'm proud if our islands warrior spirit and the good intentions of some of its people. Take a look at what's happening in Iceland right now. If we were capable of saying no to government the way they seem to have, then we'd have plenty to be proud of.


Hey! I'm not blind honestly lol The Bank is a service..not brilliant but again it makes our life's more easier (direct debits) etc, we also get INTEREST - not much hahahaha - but we do!! The Banks are here to help us if we let them! I'd like more money, realistically the Bank won't provide that... I'll live though! We haven't got a basic choice, it's our choice which parties to vote for... there is quite a few and if you ignore the campaigns and read more info on the less known ones.. you'll make the right decision within yourself. I swear I am going to run for President haha that would be Catastrophic for the UK but i'd release all the UFO documents at least!



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas
 
Brilliant.
It's about time people started taking pride in their country.
I'm a yank/Londoner, so even though I feel schitzoid I respect British Pride while I salute the American flag.
S&F


edit on 27-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas
 


democracy only serves the interests the elites and the westernization agenda one more thing america isnt a democracy shouldnt it be a representative republic, and the way i see it democracy only selects and elects the Elites like Tony Bliar, etc Reagan Bush,Clintion,Bush Obama hmm Rick perry.

Funny the thread OP is forgetting that


Oh sure lets be proud of all the wars and the real war criminals, stealing the peoples wealth and stealing resources of other countries Oh yes lets be proud of the elites running the countries.

And just to make my final added comment i dont think nor believe democracy should be forced upon people by any means used upon other countries for whom they dont have democracy.

I agree with Cobaltic1978 on this one
edit on 27-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: added something



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
You Sir are a patriot of, and for, the UK.

In this day and age, a true American admires the free patriotism of it's free and peaceful neighbors.
G_D bless America and the UK, along with ALL it's friends!

SnF


thats qutie a nonsense no offense if your a patriot for the troops thats fine but if your a patriot of the war criminals such as Bushes Clintion Obama the ones who always start a war either without proof, reason,approval and serving of the elites then thats pretty sad.


And Secondally why did the thread OP post this thread at the global meltdown section?

edit on 27-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
England is my country of birth, though when I went back there to visit for the first time aftera ten year absence, I didn't know if I had landed in the wrong country or not.

Love England still though, even if it is now many nations within a nation.

I guess you cannot turn the clock back, but Australia is my home, so Iam a migrant to.

So long live England, curry and chips and a pint of Speckled hen.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas

I have not had a bad hand. I have worked for the state for the last twenty years and I an remunerated quite well. I am comfortably well off, I have a nice house (no mortgage) a lovely family and some of the greatest friends anyone could wish for. It is you who is Trolling I'm afraid. This country is on the verge of an uprise and all the rotten jail sentences that are being served out now, won't change a single thing.

You are living in a world with rose tinted glasses. Be prepared that is the only advice I can afford you. Peace.

Do you think you'd have a nice house and be as comfortable as you say you are if you perhaps lived in Africa?
I do not have no Rose tinted glasses, I can see everything clear.
Maybe you could get on to Shirley Phelps Roper and work on her campaign for the UK side? UK IS DOOMED. [/quote
]Im with you on this one new boy, i think this is the best country in the world to live (and no i havnt visited every other country in the world), everywhere has its negs but i think our negs are better than a lot of places.
Interesting statistic i read today, without prejudice, one out of 4 babies born in the uk has a mum who was born abroad.but, i like diversity.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join