It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God destroys the earth with Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The bible says the next time the earth is destroyed it shall be with fire. What forms of fire do you think it could be? The realm of possibilities can include, super flare, gamma burst, supernova, nuclear war, asteroids/comets, collision with rogue planets etc. Explain your theories and why you think them. List any biblical sources or sources from Qu'ran.

What got me thinking about this is the supernova currently taking place in near the last 2 stars in the big dipper's handle.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, [and] over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

If they stand upon a sea of glass, it must have been a hell of a hot fire(pun intended).

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Meteorites would be the most efficient method and if you have enough of them at once it would look like it's raining fire. It wouldn't be nukes because with nukes the fires from it wouldn't be the killer the radioactive fallout is the real killer.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
According to gen. 1 (my biblical source), the sun should circle around the earth. So my bid is, that the sun falls out of its orbit and crashes on earth.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
According to gen. 1 (my biblical source), the sun should circle around the earth. So my bid is, that the sun falls out of its orbit and crashes on earth.

Ah, knowing a bit of astrophysics, i'd say the sun falling into the earth is unlikely, unless the earth should be knocked out of its orbit and go flying into the sun. The more likely explanation would be something like a super flare. People back then knew nothing about science, so it could also be speaking about an asteroid because asteroids and meteors catch fire coming down into the atmosphere. I say this because i was in kansas once traveling west and around midnight i saw a meteorite fall and slam into a farmers cornfield and it looked just like a fireball.

The ancients would have had no idea how large the sun truly is, so they would likely think an asteroid coming down was the sun itself, and an asteroid could easily wipe out all of humanity, not all at once but over the course of weeks as the smoke and ash filled the sky and cast a shadow about the earth where the plants could get no sunlight which would cause a cascade of higher lifeforms going extinct.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Your christian answer is here. There are 24 answers. 20 are visible. 4 are not. All are there. I hope this leads you in your path. GODSPEED

bible.cc...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What forms of fire do you think it could be?
I forget what it is now but I heard it on a radio show once, there is a type of fire or high temperature which will deactivate all the radioactive isotopes such as might be expected from an all-out nuclear war.
My theory is that there is such a war because I think the Bible says or implies that the rulers of the world will be in bunkers under mountains when Jesus comes.
So the fire is what reverses the effects of that war but of course kills everything living, which, like I said, are probably the people who allowed the war to come about.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
could just be a combination of things, in Revelation we have a fiery mountain and Wormwood that would burn down much, then of course you have nukes to finish the job.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
your supernova is in the the Pinwheel Galaxy (galaxy M101) and is thought to be 21 million light years away

or if you like the event happened 21 million years ago which would put it in the

MIOCENE EPOCH 5 to 23 Mya:

Modern animals, flowering plants and trees. Grazing animals. Hoofed animals and primates diversify. Apes are found in Asia and Africa. A new group of primates, the dryomorphs evolves (Dryopithecus fontani). Proconsul africanus is a very early dryomorph, or the immediate dryomorph ancestor. This small primate had a skull, jaws and teeth that were apelike. Its long trunk, arms and finger bones were monkeylike. Middle Miocene dryomorph descendants of Proconsul are possibly ancestral to both modern African apes and the first homonids, the australopithecines. It lived from approximately 23 to 14 million years ago. The chimpanzee and hominid lines evolve 12 to 20 Mya. A significant cooling transition occurrs 10 to15 Mya). This is reflected in an increase in the d18 O record between 14 and 15Ma, caused by the rapid growth of the Antarctic ice sheet (Shackleton & Kennet, 1975) and a deep water cooling event (4 to 5°C) (Moore et al., 1987).

interestingly primates where stating to diversify at this time and will in 21 million years become humans, apes smart enough to make tools that would let them(us) examine such distant events

edit on 28-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You wrote:

["People back then knew nothing about science, so it could also be speaking about an asteroid because asteroids and meteors catch fire coming down into the atmosphere."]

So the bible starts getting 'true' where...... Genesis 3, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The bible says the next time the earth is destroyed it shall be with fire. What forms of fire do you think it could be? The realm of possibilities can include, super flare, gamma burst, supernova, nuclear war, asteroids/comets, collision with rogue planets etc. Explain your theories and why you think them. List any biblical sources or sources from Qu'ran.

What got me thinking about this is the supernova currently taking place in near the last 2 stars in the big dipper's handle.

Zechariah and Ezekiel describe the fire that God will use to judge the earth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join