It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook and The War On Consciousness .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Since the turn of the year Facebook has been used as a weapon .A weapon of consciousness ,where "they" have tipped the balance of opinion and managed to manipulate whole countries into rising up against its oppressors .

Tunisia and Egypt a civil war in Libya civil uprisings in Bahrain Syria and Yemen major protests in Algeria Iraq Jordan Morocco and Oman and minor protests in Kuwait Lebanon Mauritania Saudi Arabia Sudan and Western Sahara , Clashes at the borders of Israel in May 2011 .

I wonder who "they" will target next my guess is the last five communist countries left in the World .World War 3 is upon us but its not a conventional War it will undoubtedly be fought using the social media tools at their disposal like any good propagandist would do .This will be a war on consciousness with the goal a one world government A NEW WORLD ORDER !

www.rense.com...

www.deathandtaxesmag.com...

aangirfan.blogspot.com...

www.thehindu.com...

edit on 27-8-2011 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
facebook revolution is such a nonsense...

so if people organize a revolution via telephone it would be a telephone revolution...

edit on 27-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

i think you missed the point .the western governments have used Facebook/twitter/youtube as a tool to over through foreign governments/dictatorships .Its not the gun that kills you its the person who fires it .

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Everyone is investing in the social networking phenomenon, for may different purposes, from sales to organizing revolutions. War on consciousness? To instigate and manipulate? Maybe. Or maybe more a tool being used to organize and motivate. Or maybe elements of both. Discerning the difference and the source...and what is good and what is bad...that's the key. Good luck with that too.

You might be interested in some or all of these articles. I believe Global Research has even more out there now. This is from the thread Why Was the CIA Blind in Egypt?) but it may apply here as well....

"American globalization is worse than military dictatorship, because it rots the soul."

"Color Coded" Egypt; Did US-backed NGOs Help to Topple Mubarak

Mike Whitney----Do we know whether foreign agents or US-backed NGOs participated in the demonstrations in Tahrir Square? Could they have played a part in toppling Mubarak?

K R Bolton--The revolts in Tunisia, Egypt and as they are spreading further afield have all the hallmarks of the NED/Soros “color revolutions” that were fomented in the former Soviet bloc states and in Myanmar and elsewhere. They all follow the same pattern and many years of planning, training and funding have gone into the ridiculously called “spontaneous” (sic) revolts.

The organizations that have spent years and much money creating revolutionary organizations in Tunisia, Egypt and elsewhere include the National Endowment for Democracy, USAID, International Republican Institute, Freedom House, Open Society Institute, and an array of fronts stemming therefrom, including: National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, Center for International Private Enterprise, and the American Center for International Labor Solidarity.

Google's Revolution Factory - Alliance of Youth Movements: Color Revolution 2.0

It is hard, considering these men's affiliations, to believe that the change they want to see is anything less than a generation that drinks more Pepsi, buys more consumerist junk, and believes the United States government every time they purvey their lies to us via their corporate owned media.

While the activists attending the Movements.org summit adhere to the philosophies of "left-leaning" liberalism, the very men behind the summit, funding it, and prodding the agenda of these activists are America's mega-corporate combine. These are the very big-businesses that have violated human rights worldwide, destroyed the environment, sell shoddy, overseas manufactured goods produced by workers living in slave conditions, and pursue an agenda of greed and perpetual expansion at any cost. The hypocrisy is astounding unless of course you understand that their nefarious, self-serving agenda could only be accomplished under the guise of genuine concern for humanity, buried under mountains of feel-good rhetoric, and helped along by an army of exploited, naive youth.

Source: The Arab Revolutions and Us: Start Quaking in Your Boots!

In his latest debate on the France 2 TV channel, discussion show anchor Yves Calvi expressed alarm about the possible rise of Islamism in Egypt and Tunisia. However, here we will consider how, if we leave the emotionally-charged media coverage to one side and attempt to analyse the contradictions between the West and the Arab world rationally, these revolutions are less of a threat than an example for us Westerners to follow. We have the opportunity to create a fairer world. Why be afraid?

Source: Revolution in Egypt was Planned..by US?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yes.

And it's not just the govt. though - it's corporations - marketing - advertising.

And it is getting more, and more, and more .....evil.

I saw a website - KLOUT - they weigh you - how able you are to influence people on certain subjects. They look at your twitter and your facebook and they give you a score - then, according to that score you might get 'free stuff' to try and talk about or not.

You've got a situation where it is a very, very consumerist culture - then you've got people are cash-poor and really just want to get ANYTHING they can that doesn't cost money so they get something - and then you've got people that want to exploit the situation.

And yes, that includes the govt., and I suspect that their neural network mapping and meme tracking is a heck of a lot better than the private sectors - a HECK of a lot better.

Facebook isn't even FRIENDLY to a good, honest and deep conversation. It manages to keep everything superficial.

I went ahead and joined KLOUT because I knew that none of my security professional friends WOULD, and since I'm not working right now, I wanted to know what they were up to.

You don't see a lot of computer security professionals joining Facebook. They use twitter but they lock their feeds down. I hate it, in a way, because if people in the know that WOULD protect the public avoid a web service, who is going to get the word out?

I was surprised that KLOUT showed me my friend's scores too. My score was in the explorer range - higher than all but one. I've had this feeling that my social connections WERE high for a long time. I'm usually an early adopter and people constantly ask me questions or for information.

Now the thing is, KLOUT can't see my private messages, but you know what, I bet the govt. CAN. I bet they have access to all that. And if they do, they know that sometimes when I post controversial stuff, I get a ton of people asking me things that don't want to talk about it publically.

So does the govt. try to influence top influencers? Do you think they wouldn't?
Have I been targeted? Yes, I do think I have. I got a friend recommendation from a guy I know that I often feel sorry for - but I don't know him IRL - poor, and quite believable, so I accepted it when he turned me onto an international that was all over what would become the start of the revolutions. I got the best doggone news. Yeah for democracy! OMG the turned off the internet, help us set up proxies for the rebels in Iran...

IMO, the best thing to do is always think for yourself, and be as aware as you can of the manipulation coming at you from every direction. Seek out information that is counter to your beliefs at times. IE If you are liberal, sometimes read conservative news, and vice versa. If you get a lot of HEY! We're FREEING EGYPT, go ahead and look at some information that shows that it could be a bad thing.

Try to be independent and fair in your thinking no matter what or who is pulling on you.

I'm doing my best to explain this. I'm glad you posted the thread. A lot of the manipulation of memes using social networks and neural network mapping software - it has been creeping me out lately.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
And is this the reason Anonymous is going to hack Facebook? I remember reading about it somewhere. They gave a specific date too. Was it November? I forgot what it was.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

Operation Facebook DATE: November 5, 2011. TARGET: facebook.com... Press: Twitter : twitter.com... piratepad.net... Irc.Anonops.Li #OpFaceBook Message: Attention citizens of the world, We wish to get your attention, hoping you heed the warnings as follows: Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed. If you are a willing hacktivist or a guy who just wants to protect the freedom of information then join the cause and kill facebook for the sake of your own privacy. Facebook has been selling information to gov

If they can take down Paypal and MasterCard then i think Facebook will be a "peace" of cake there is a thread about this anon op www.abovetopsecret.com...
"They" tptb will only use this as a means to control even more of the internet id be very wary about any involvement with groups like anon the sentences handed down will be severe .
edit on 28-8-2011 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The CIA is behind Facebook. My guess is it's the first port of call for NSA data mining too. Look up Q-Tel.

This tongue in cheek spoof is amusing but also makes an important point.

Uh yes, here is a thread with some info too.

Facebook a CIA Front?
edit on 28/8/11 by Pimander because: Added link to Wolf thread

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the help guys ,your posts and links have been really informative for just one page it was a lot of information .
So i come to the conclusion we have always been manipulated in some way or the other by the elites and steered through history be it through newspapers/radio/TV/phones/internet
After reading some of the links it makes perfect sense that the security forces would want to have a good grip on social media tools ,they want to be the best in each field be it space air sea land and now cyberspace .
I do think we are entering more and more of a police state , it will come to pass where we are living in a total George Orwell type scenario but a lot more subtle of course we are sleep walking into their total control .
thanks again guys was a nice read .

join