It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Circle Hypothesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've been thinking....All around us are circles....
Lets talk about circles we know.
Our Sun is a circle.
We orbit around it like a circle
Earth a circle.
Atoms a circle (or so I think. I've never seen one).
How about life cycle? What if we are in a never ending circle of this life...No other ...just..this one????
When we die we are born again as this person we are right now..

Anyways, just something I've been thinking...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

I too have often wondered why everything seems to end up going in a circle, or a spiral. It seems odd to me. Anybody got any thoughts as to why?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
When we die we are born again as this person we are right now..

...maybe... but, yeah, purty much everything is circular even if its such a giant circle that we perceive it as a straight line... heres a fitting video for your thread...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I know i thought this way a long while, like theres something important associated with it, but then kinda forgot about thanks for post the thread, least I am not alone on the idea

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I've wondered about this as well, maybe because the circle is the strongest geometric shape?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am glad to see others have wondered the same!
I think it would explain DejaVu

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You might find yourself enlightened after a brief study of sacred geometry. The circle is the egg of creation. The creator uses these shapes because he had to start somewhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Our Sun is a circle.

Oblate spheroid. As with any celestial body that rotates, there's a degree of flattening.

We orbit around it like a circle

Ellipse. A circle is just a degenerate form of an ellipse where the two foci are located at the same point.

Earth a circle.

Oblate spheroid. See above.

Atoms a circle (or so I think. I've never seen one).

Not even sorta kinda close. They're commonly depicted as nuclei orbited by circular shells of electrons, but this an oversimplification used as a teaching tool. The surrounding electron clouds are actually regions of probability and, with the exception of the s-shells, aren't even spherical, much less circular.

How about life cycle? What if we are in a never ending circle of this life...No other ...just..this one????
When we die we are born again as this person we are right now...

Given that none of these other examples are actually circular, wouldn't it make more sense that we're born again as something else?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

I truly didn't expect your last comment to have anything close to reincarnation in it...

I figured you to be a under the theory of zero life after death....

So your last response was a surprise....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'm not making a claim either way. Just remarking that if there are no perfect circles, why would we expect life to be one?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The 'hypothesis' is an interesting one to ponder abstractedly. I think many have enjoyed doing so - it's not entirely a new idea. Maintaining the general 'circular' reference, I prefer to take it a step further, away from the confines of the 2-dimensional to the 3. If we look at the 'hypothesis' as a sphere rather than a circle, the thought might be entertained that perhaps the 'recycling' of one's life might not have to follow the same exact course as the previous. For instance, the 'rebirth' at the end of one life cycle might overlap at the initial point of the previous, but follow a 'circle' one point removed from the previous allowing for various differences in decisions. That would, in essence, allow for a similar, but completely different, life than one previously experienced. Indeed, each life cycle should be further removed from the original, with greater differences expressed in each subsequent. Additionally, while the nature of points within a circle are infinite, the circles themselves become infinite when translated into a sphere. It could roughly be analogous to the multiverse theory for each individual. As to the suggestion that each choice, or decision, results in infinite new possibilities, I might suggest that various points within the 'circle' might radiate horizontally (or any other direction) from any other point within any given circle. Truly, the possibilities would be endless.

Then again, maybe I'm just in that sort of abstractedly thoughtful mood this evening. Thanks for the thread - I enjoyed it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

Thank-you for the reply!
It was Awesome!

new topics

top topics

join