It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN to infiltrate Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You are on the verge of making extreme enemies of any and all US members with remarks like that...

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I am also interested in hearing your explaination that Jessica got what she deserved because she was killing Iraqi children, and that the SEAL team that rescued her committed unspeakable attocities against civilians.

the seals didn't even rescue her...
some english speaking iraqi went up to them and told them what hospital she was in after he was given a couple of grands.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the seals didn't even rescue her... Posted by Echelon

Au Contrair...

SEAL Team 6 made the initial entry into the building, backed by Army Rangers.

Granted, the Iraqi heartwarming story is a cover, he is actually a prepositioned CIA asset. However, he did in fact prove his worth in this case. The story being circulated is to protect current CIA channels still active in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Makod: I have no idea who that person is.

Why are you being a jerk off about Jessica Lynch?

I thought you were in the U.S.! I'm sorry.

Just where are you from?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
About Jessica Lynch:

I'm nor jerking. Simply put, Dragonrider cited a person I didn't know and went off-topic.

I were only stating that, whoever is important in your country, has not to be important in mine. The opposite is true as well. See the example I posted: you know is true.

And if you felt hurt by that, Dragonrider, I could care less about making enemies there for just saying this. It's not my problem, it's yours.

Back on topic: I think Iran doesn't like Iraq. They must be 'almost happy' to see Iraq regime fall. But they are starting to see USA maneuvers there not to be against Iraq, but the entire Muslim world. Watch what you do there, and be cautious wich sacred places you are going to put your feet on.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Dragonrider, stop being such a bore.
War is hell and Jessica Lynch got caught up in it. But that doesn't make her any more of a hero than any of the thousands of other coalition troops who are fighting there. If anything her troop were idiots. Taking a wrong turning and getting ambushed was militarily amateurish.
That doesn't detract from the debt that we owe our soldiers though for fighting our wars.
Unfortunately - sh!t happens.

As for the reason for this war? The battle of the Euro and the Dollar? Get real.
This war is being fought for one reason and one reason only. A rogue state stood up and laughed at the rest of the world. It disregarded UN resolutions and broke more international laws than any other nation in history.
You let a country get away with something like that and you're asking for trouble. You've heard the cliche that every little tinpot dictator would do the same? Well, you wouldn't even need "every" one of them to do it. Get just one rogue nation with the means and the will to screw the rest of the world and with the available technology for waging war today and 10 years down the line you are literally looking at Armageddon.
The US is following a neo-conservative line. It's safeguarding the futures of what we would call the civilised world.
If the coalition forces hadn't gone into Iraq we would get our asses kicked in later years. Rogue states don't need large conventional armies to hold the world to ransom and if you push one hard enough maybe they are unstable enough to push the button in return.

It will be very interesting to see how the world deals with North Korea after the Iraq situation is sorted out. If they leave the regime over there in power for much longer you will see exactly why we had to invade Iraq.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
The CIA has indicated that Iranian individuals are being directed to infiltrate Iraq after US occupation to perform harrassment actions against the US forces, and possibly to perform attrocities against Iraqi civilians to be blamed on the US

Given that more than two thirds of Iraq's population are shia muslims (currently repressed by Saddam) and therefore somehow affiliated to Iran, it is clear that Iran will play, aside from a possible democratic governement in Iraq, the central role in Iraq's reconstruction. I presume that thought isnt really enchanting to the bush administration, and they're trying to find ways to supress the shia in post-war iraq, until all contracts are settled and the security of american interests in post war Iraq is ensured in some way.

A defamation campaign against Iran and the Shia would be a logical first step.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You don't need a defamation campaign against Iran.
Their regime is worse than Saddam's.

It's doubtful wether the Iranian government would play too much of a game with the US when they've just seen what's happened to Saddam.
But if ever there was one disgusting, filthy, inhumane and depraved regime that needs eradicating for the good of it's people - it's the Iranian regime.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As for the reason for this war? The battle of the Euro and the Dollar? Get real.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

Please read this thread, there is a good deal of documentation attached. And you have documentation?

As far as a smear campaign against the Iranian regime, that is only partially correct: Iran holds a substantial vote in OPEC, and has also publicly stated its committment to swapping the dollar for euro as oil standard currency, as well as its interest in forcing a vote in OPEC to do so. This makes Iran the next major threat to the US economy, and therefore, our next target.

It is also well known that the American public probably doesnt follow economics enough to truly understand the impact of just such an occurence on the US economy (it is evident that some people on ATS dont understand the basics of it at all), and therefore would not support a war for the economy. Therefore, strictly for public opinion purposes, we have to find a true reason for Iran to become an enemy.

Iran IS the next target, and we will likely be in Iran within 6 weeks. Granted the Iranian regime is totalitarian in nature, and that only gives us more justification to go in. But that is not what it is all about.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Leveller, how much do you really know about the Iranian government? I am just curious because all you seem to say is that the Iranian government is much worse than Hussein's regime, is this really true? Do you know what you are talking about? Yes I agree that the Iranian regime can be bad at times but is it actually worse than Hussein's, or for that matter Bush's? Please think before you post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join