It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan Locks Out Jobless Constituents After Refusing To Meet With Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.addictinginfo.org...

Paul Ryan is supposed to be just a normal guy who faithfully represents his district in Wisconsin. But that’s not what his constituents think about him now. They’re angry. They’re angry about unemployment and the fact that jobs are becoming scarce. They’re angry because Ryan hasn’t lifted one finger to create a job in Wisconsin or anywhere else. Yet he expects his constituents to allow him to keep his job. Fat chance.

Many of Paul Ryan’s constituents back home in his Wisconsin district have decided that they want to meet with Ryan personally so that there will be a face on the unemployment statistic that Ryan is always flouting when criticizing President Obama, even though Ryan himself hasn’t done anything about it despite being part of the Republican House Majority in Congress.

One of the Tea Party's darlings show his true colors. To bad, he had a good shot at higher office. He just gave his opponent an issue to defeat him next time around..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
...maybe i'm confused (again) but isnt he the guy that was married to the actress chickee and he got caught, uh, yanno, trippin the light fantastic with udders?...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

One of the Tea Party's darlings show his true colors. To bad, he had a good shot at higher office. He just gave his opponent an issue to defeat him next time around..

Perhaps you can answer something for me on this. What is Paul Ryan supposed to be doing that he isn't? Is there something a single Congressman can do for building a job to individual constituents? Oh, I know he could probably play the game well in his current position for pork to the district. Although, weren't men like Paul Ryan specifically supported and elected to STOP the pork out of Washington?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Perhaps you can answer something for me on this. What is Paul Ryan supposed to be doing that he isn't? Is there something a single Congressman can do for building a job to individual constituents? Oh, I know he could probably play the game well in his current position for pork to the district. Although, weren't men like Paul Ryan specifically supported and elected to STOP the pork out of Washington?

Paul Ryan is supposed to be meeting with his constituents and answer their questions about his policy and bring pride and openness to the TPM; not act like some neocon crybaby and hide from the people that elected him. Is that to much to ask? Access and openness from a politician...

It's almost like the conservatives want to lose with this kind of arrogance.

edit on 27-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Is that to much to ask? Access and openness from a politician...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Paul Ryan is supposed to be meeting with his constituents and answer their questions about his policy and bring pride and openness to the TPM; not act like some neocon crybaby and hide from the people that elected him. Is that to much to ask? Access and openness from a politician...

It's almost like the conservatives want to lose with this kind of arrogance.

Fair enough. He probably ought to take a few minutes to see them if he happens to be in the building anyway. They sound a little full of themselves to think they represent the whole of his district in demanding his time and they definitely seem to be getting downright aggressive about pushing it to be their way or no way though.

Look at the bright side, at least he didn't have them arrested. Others in Congress don't hesitate.

Response to Nancy Pelosi office protesters

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Look at the bright side, at least he didn't have them arrested.

It seems he tried, but they complied:

They wanted to stay in his office all night, but the police were called and they left peacefully.

Curses! Foiled again!...

Arriving the next day, they were informed by police that parking had been restricted by the building owner and that any unauthorized vehicles would be towed and ticketed. When asked on what authority the police could prevent access to a public office, they responded that the lot and building are private property and the landlord has the right to do as he pleases with it.

As I F Stone put it so well during the times of the million person marches..."Rich people march on Washington every day." Not only are these Ryan Seven not rich, any meager wealth they may have had at one time was forcibly made to trickle upward to make the rich richer.

Legislators are placed into office by the votes of people like the Ryan Seven, but, once in office, their elected leaders turn a deaf ear to them and a good ear to the economically powerful. Public servant has been corrupted into servant to the rich and powerful, in hopes of a lucrative future upon retirement from office.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I sent this story into CNN. Doesn't mean they would do anything with it, but who knows? Every little bit of publicity on matters like this helps. He should be ashamed (But he's not)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I would lock out people too if they thought that government was able to create jobs. As they can't, it may be why these folks are out of a job in the current marketplace as there are many other, more qualified people.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
I would lock out people too if they thought that government was able to create jobs. As they can't, it may be why these folks are out of a job in the current marketplace as there are many other, more qualified people.

What ever gave you the idea that the government can't create jobs? Wars create jobs for the military, wars create jobs in the private sector with the likes of Blackwater, armament manufactures, Kration builders and all sorts of private contractors like Halliburton.

And who do the think the forest rangers and FAA work for if not the government?

Check this out....

www.usajobs.opm.gov...

Not only that Paul Ryan has a staff of 34 people. Aren't those government jobs?

Why are you sticking up for that arrogant SOB anyway?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What ever gave you the idea that the government can't create jobs? Wars create jobs for the military, wars create jobs in the private sector with the likes of Blackwater, armament manufactures, Kration builders and all sorts of private contractors like Halliburton.

Check this out....

www.usajobs.opm.gov...

So you're OK with more wars?

"Sure am glad I got this job murdering people! Now I can get that Hummer I always wanted! And the more people I murder, the more oil we get for my Hummer! Ahh, the good life!"

Good thing Obama's president then, huh? He'll be glad to accommodate you.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Check this out....

www.usajobs.opm.gov...

Because clearly, he's a blind tea party shill.

That post has to arguably one of the stupidest things that I've ever seen written on here. He should be embarrassed.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I want to know also. What is Ryan supposed to be doing? What is any other congressman doing to create jobs?

The govt cannot create jobs. It can get the hell out of the way of private industry, but that's it. When the govt creates jobs, those it hires are paying their own salaries, through taxes.

from whaaa

What? Are we supposed to check with the almighty whaaa for the approved list of people to stand up for?

This is the icing on the cake:

For these unemployed constituents, it’s beginning to look like Paul Ryan has no desire to meet with them to hear what they have say. They want answers. “I’m tired of struggling to support my family. I’m tired of not having a decent job that provides benefits and I’m tired of being ignored by my congressman” says Shanon Molina, one of the Seven.

Yea, Ryan, when are you gonna solve this woman's problems? It's your responsibility to get her a job, and take care of everything else she needs, don't you know? She wants a good job. One with benefits. Deliver, please.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm not sticking up for him as person, or the shadey parkinglot antics of the county gov(in fact no public institution should be on private property in the first place as it is a public institution).

Going to war is not a job unless you are implying that war is endless and is then a "trade job"( I am however aware that the USA is an impierialist government presently, which is against the countrys original intent)?

I also think people would buy weapons reguardless, infact weapons manufacture is a real and nessesary trade(ie protection of one's self).

The government should not be relied upon as a job source, outside of infastructure and mail service(and thats a big maybe). If a job does not create something it's just busy work and can dry up at the whims of the consumer. The government rarely makes anything hence no product, or even braking even resource wise. The government steals all our money so they can spend it(or more often funnel it into their own self serving crap).

@illuminatislave-
Wow...lol. Actually I am a Daoist and believe in the destruction of all non community level government. I also believe replacing the government with homeless people would fix america faster than anyone who would ever contemplate becoming a senetor or congressman.
edit on 8/30/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: hilarity

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

During the great depression of the 1930's, president Roosevelt created the CCC (civilian conservation corps) and the WPA (Works Projects Administration). The employees, who were mostly people who had lost their jobs because of the depression, were paid very little but were given the self-respect that comes with employment, as well as a few dollars to send home to their families.

Both of these federal projects created amazing things. The workers came from many different backgrounds and sets of skills and were glad to have the opportunity to exercise them. There are many jobs I can name, but the beautiful Blue Ridge parkway, near where I live, was one of them. If you look around you can see the evidence of their contribution most everywhere.

The CCC and the WPA were both federally funded and contributed greatly to the economy, as the dollars they received were by necessity spent quickly and that money went right back into the economy.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Sestias because: proofreading

top topics

join