It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

why you want have faith in religion when you know everybody just speculating

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
to those who have faith in religions, could you share with us why you want to have faith where you know absolutely everybody is just speculating stuff that happened several thousand or hundred years ago?

i mean, we just take a closer example, the 9/11, nobody know for sure is that natural fall down or through controlled demolition?

event that happened in front of several thousand eyes but yet nobody know for sure? you see what i mean, then talk about things that happened several hundred/thousand years ago saw by several people?

i suggest we learn more knowledge, invent more creative stuff, more creative ideas, we shouldn't limit ourselves on earth with these religion, universe is so vast, we should go out from earth, travel to other place, find our root through scientific means.

and why not you believe this is what your g0D what to tell you? and how you know it isn't? or you just pretending to be g0D all the time.




posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by requireduser
 
I think Christianity was good until it it got hijacked by the Empire.
There is another hijacking of it today to support another Empire.
If it was looked at other than through the glasses of the religion pirates, it would be a good religion, so power to the individual to see what has been hidden.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by requireduser
 


I have faith in God not religion, because I too believe religion has been hijacked like jmdewey60 said previously.

There are too many that use religion for personal gain, control, and power, which is totally contradictory to the true principles of religion. Unless of course, that is the purpose of that particular religion, but I do not believe any of the major religions out there were based on those principles.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
How do we know God is real?

How do we know God is good?

How do we know God isn't just trolling all of us and pretending to be good, in reality he is actually pure evil and all of this is pointless as he watches us all fight over each other and kill ourselves?

How do we know we exist?

How do we know we aren't the only ones who really exist, and everyone else is a robot?

Faith.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by requireduser
 


Who said every religion requires nothing but faith?

There are a number of religions out there that teach direct experience of consciousness, seeing and experiencing other dimensions of life, interactions with others both human and non human, seeing reality beyond the physical body. Gnosis is one of these, Buddhism another with elements of direct experience.

You have to get passed the "religion = faith" and understand we have methods of direct experience that requires a solid effort to change the very nature of your being, not just attend a Sunday mass. Nothing can change your beliefs quicker than directly perceiving things for yourself.
edit on 27-8-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiden12
reply to post by requireduser
 


Who said every religion requires nothing but faith?

There are a number of religions out there that teach direct experience of consciousness, seeing and experiencing other dimensions of life, interactions with others both human and non human, seeing reality beyond the physical body. Gnosis is one of these, Buddhism another with elements of direct experience.

You have to get passed the "religion = faith" and understand we have methods of direct experience that requires a solid effort to change the very nature of your being, not just attend a Sunday mass. Nothing can change your beliefs quicker than directly perceiving things for yourself.
edit on 27-8-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)


Good you brought it up. It's an option often forgotten.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiden12
reply to post by requireduser
 


Who said every religion requires nothing but faith?
...
You have to get passed the "religion = faith" and understand we have methods of direct experience that requires a solid effort to change the very nature of your being, not just attend a Sunday mass. Nothing can change your beliefs quicker than directly perceiving things for yourself.


I find this explaination, which I've personally heard from numerous religious people, to be a paradox. I think this paradox is completely explained in this video clip from, of all places, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure




posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by requireduser
to those who have faith in religions, could you share with us why you want to have faith where you know absolutely everybody is just speculating stuff that happened several thousand or hundred years ago?

i mean, we just take a closer example, the 9/11, nobody know for sure is that natural fall down or through controlled demolition?

event that happened in front of several thousand eyes but yet nobody know for sure? you see what i mean, then talk about things that happened several hundred/thousand years ago saw by several people?

i suggest we learn more knowledge, invent more creative stuff, more creative ideas, we shouldn't limit ourselves on earth with these religion, universe is so vast, we should go out from earth, travel to other place, find our root through scientific means.

and why not you believe this is what your g0D what to tell you? and how you know it isn't? or you just pretending to be g0D all the time.


Good points, however, your examples demonstrate that 'something' happened, and was documented. Apart from this, some stories are loosely, or not so loosely correlated in other religious/spiritual tracts.
The questions, as in your example, revolve around...who would want to document them wrongly, erroneously or falsley...and for what agenda might this have been done?
Akushla



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Correct, Religion does not equal faith. Religion is the selfdeclared righteousness of one entity who seeks out the weak to be it's followers.

Those who cannot use reason to decide their own dirrection in life need a religion, which is always founded on what is best for it's creator.

When one follows a religion, one follows another man.

One who rejects religion is not evil for doing so. One who rejects religion does not require faith because reason has given them the basis of their philosophy and spirituallity.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by requireduser
to those who have faith in religions, could you share with us why you want to have faith where you know absolutely everybody is just speculating stuff that happened several thousand or hundred years ago?

i mean, we just take a closer example, the 9/11, nobody know for sure is that natural fall down or through controlled demolition?

event that happened in front of several thousand eyes but yet nobody know for sure? you see what i mean, then talk about things that happened several hundred/thousand years ago saw by several people?

i suggest we learn more knowledge, invent more creative stuff, more creative ideas, we shouldn't limit ourselves on earth with these religion, universe is so vast, we should go out from earth, travel to other place, find our root through scientific means.

and why not you believe this is what your g0D what to tell you? and how you know it isn't? or you just pretending to be g0D all the time.


For some people it is not a speculation. Like the example what happened on 9/11, not nobody know for sure, but some people know it for sure what happened back then. You cant put everyone on your shoes cause everyone is unique and different.

It really silly if you think people who believe in religions didnt learn more knowledge, cant invent creative stuff and limited them self. The argue about religious people cant be a scientist is ridiculous, lots of scientist is a religious people.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There's quite a difference about having a faith and pushing a faith. Those only having one can even communicate about it publicly (as e.g. on this subforum) without being offensive or interfering, and are usually treated decently.

Those pushing it often have those doctrines and attitudes, which have given religion a bad name, and are met with opposition corresponding to their own pushing.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeawesome
 


I don't understand what you mean about direct experience ending up as a paradox? If i can directly verify something with my own perception, i don't end up where i was previously, i can confirm something is true, learn from it and continue growing and evolving spiritually.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by raiden12
 


Originally posted by raiden12
I don't understand what you mean about direct experience ending up as a paradox?
...
You have to get passed the "religion = faith" and understand we have methods of direct experience that requires a solid effort to change the very nature of your being, not just attend a Sunday mass. Nothing can change your beliefs quicker than directly perceiving things for yourself.


I highlighted in bold of your own post what I mean.

In order to have direct experience one must put the effort in to change their life, or have faith would be another way to put it. Since changing the very nature of ones' being isn't something to be done for no reason...it's something done when one has faith that it will lead to something else.

So I conclude it is a paradox because faith is required to have a direct experience. It should be the other way around(imo); the experience leads to faith. That is the paradox--can't have one without the other.




top topics



 
2

log in

join