It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two dead in NC Hurricane Irene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Fox just mentions that two people have died today because of the hurricane...looking this up I came across this news clip

"Kill Devil Hills, USA (NTN24 wires) - At least two people have died in North Carolina as Hurricane Irene battered the coast on Saturday, officials said.

One man died of a heart attack while boarding up his windows, while another crashed his car into a tree, Tom Mather, a public affairs officer with the North Carolina emergency management office, told news agency AFP."

Talk about making things out to be a lot worse than they are...what crap!Link

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
wow, thats harsh.
and these deaths aren't even to do with the violent winds, but panic.

I'm glad i live on the west coast, but i have family in Toronto.

to anyone who will be affected by the hurricane, i wish you the best of luck!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I just hope these are flukes and not just the first of many whose reaction to what they are hearing in media becomes considerably more dangerous than the event itself.

Public Officials should be deeply ashamed for their 'chicken little' garbage. REAL people are REALLY freaking out when they REALLY don't need to. Prepare? YES. Panic? For THIS? You've got to be kidding me.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The death toll has risen to four as far as I know now.

And yes people are panicking way too much. All one needs to do is find a stable shelter with adequate food / water and just ride it out.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just hear on the news that the death toll was up to 8. One was an 11 year old boy who was killed when a tree came crashing down through the apartment they were in.

Very sad ..for these families. they will remember hurricane Irene as a very tragic incident.

It seems that there are some who are disappointed that this hurricane hasn't been stronger...all I can say is that is a relief for many, who have families, businesses and homes in these areas.

Hopefully it is very weak by the time it hits New York.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I just hear on the news that the death toll was up to 8. One was an 11 year old boy who was killed when a tree came crashing down through the apartment they were in.

Very sad ..for these families. they will remember hurricane Irene as a very tragic incident.

It seems that there are some who are disappointed that this hurricane hasn't been stronger...all I can say is that is a relief for many, who have families, businesses and homes in these areas.

Hopefully it is very weak by the time it hits New York.

Stay safe everyone.

Wow...that's crazy sad. Yeah, not something to be celebrated at all...people matter most.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow thats a shame .. My Ex-Girlfriend dads in NC very close to the shore i think the Miss.Irene just left NC and is headed up this way , its my turn.. Be safe everyone

top topics

join