It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What Was The Greatest Music Genre?

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Some may say Jazz, others may say R&B while others may say Heavy Metal. I would go with Beat music. My reasons, The Beatles where arguably the greatest band that ever walked the planet. They where the pioneers of beat music than spawned dozens of great bands of the same genre. 1960's beat music never seems to grow old but matures with age. In fact it sounds better now i believe than when it was first around.
What music genre would you say was "The Greatest"?




posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
progressive metal. here ill give you a couple of samples:






posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is so subjective you might as well just list every type of music there is since everyone will have a different opinion.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Anything besides rap..
edit on 27-8-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I like my beat fat n juicy... I like dub..

the "drop" is at 0:26




step



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32
 


agreed. also success in music doesn't always constitute greatness. In my opinion though the greatest music genre would have to be classical. 18th and 19th century music was so carefully composed, and really brought about the point of music; enriching our lives, rather than satisfying the church or God. However, I'm not a huge fan of it in comparison to to more modern music. So if it boiled down to my opinion I would say Jazz-Funk Fusion, but you never really wanna listen to just one genre now a days



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
wrong thread sorry...I dont know what happen there, sorry
edit on 27-8-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong
 





The Beatles where arguably the greatest band that ever walked the planet


i think the beatles were the best band that ever walked the planet because they were beyond genres - they just wrote and recorded the best music ever produced (especially rubber soul onwards). for me the quality of the artist is 90% of it (the other 10% being sound/recording quality)

if i had to pick one favourite though it would be blues



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have to agree with aynock that I too think Beatles where the best band that ever walked earth and they are still even very popular today even that there are only 2 Beatles left and I'm not even from their generation I'm 16 what i like most about old music is that there's actually meaning to all music but today's is crap they put no effort into their music for example swagger jagger by Cher Lloyd it doesn't even mean anything music has been dead for a long time now but don't get me wrong there are some artists in today's music that are good just my opinion i don't mean to offend anyone

edit on 27-8-2011 by Sparkzz because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
4

log in

join