It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdy folks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Longtime lurker here who decided to join in the discussions.

I'm in my 40's and live in rural Minnesota with my wife. I spent just shy of 20 years in the Army as an armorer at first and then as a combat medic, getting out as an E-7. I have a 4 year RN degree and am also a paramedic, was planning to take a commision once I hit my 20, but my health had other plans.

I'm a strong Libertarian and I'm convinced that a global financial crisis is coming. I'm so convinced I sold my 4500 sq ft McMansion and paid cash for a much smaller HUD foreclosure. I took all of our money out of Wall Street and bought a 9 passenger 4wd Suburban, a self container travel trailer that sleeps 10 and enough drums of VP racing fuel (it doesn't go bad like ethanol blended fuel) to get it anywhere in North America. I bought cases of spices and enough extra ammo to last my grandchildrens lives under normal hunting cicumstances. I also bought water purification equipment and learned how to can and smoke meat. The camper is fully stocked and acts as my large "bugout bag", I can be hooked up and moving in 5 minutes. The rest of the cash went into silver and gold bars.

Anyway, glad to be here and really enjoying some of the discussion. Especially the stuff about ancient structures. I'm of the belief that mankind has had other periods of advancement, and that these structures are much older than we have been led to believe.

Someday I may even figure out this avatar deal.
edit on 27-8-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Sounds like you'll fit right in.
A moderator will be here shortly to help with the avatar mess. lol

~Neysa

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hi welcome to ATS.

Look forward to reading one of your threads, perhaps a firearm related topic?

Anyway, have fun browsing around.

SS

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Welcome, I also am new. And have been reading here for awhile too.
That was a great intro. I am so jealous of how prepared you've made you and your family. That sounds great! Organization is not my strong suit. Looks like its yours tho. Congrats for that, again I am jealous...

I look forward to your posts.
HiYa from Missouri.

edit on 27-8-2011 by MissPoovey because: edited because I have absolutely terrible wording

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Hi welcome to ATS.

Look forward to reading one of your threads, perhaps a firearm related topic?

Anyway, have fun browsing around.

SS

Thanks for the welcome's guys, I really like what I see here so far.

I'm not an expert on firearms, more like a really dedicated novice. I have a fairly large collection of guns, mostly military rifles, but I have a CCW so I also have a pistol for every occasion. My favorite carry piece is my Kimber PRO TLE II, it's a little big for summer carry, but I can shoot a 7 shot group the size of a beer can top at 21 feet with it.

I shot competition for a few years in USPSA and even did a season of 3 gun. Was a class B shooter when I quit.

Big fan of Eugene Stoners AR-15, have a few variations of it. Love the versatility of the .223 round, and it's relatively cheap cost compared to most assault rifles.

An even bigger fan of John Browning, some of his designs are over 100 years old and still in use by many militaries and police forces around the world. The bulk of my collection is either Browning built or designed.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Welcome, also looking forward to how the world may be changing in the upcoming months?

top topics

join