It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bottled water dangerous?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

and it's about much more.

citizens getting fined for washing their car or watering their lawns when BIG CORP such wells dry because the flow of money can't stop.

in other words, MAJOR corruption.

the documentary calls water the next oil.

and looking at that statement, it isn't that farfetched.

here in the netherlands you'll pay anything from 1 euro - 1.80 for a 0.7 litre bottle of water! (albeit from a 'recognised' brand)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
i've never said that and you can't prove that.

else i'm inviting you to back that statement up.

it's not only about the plastic, just the watch the documentary for god's sake.

have you even watched the trailer?

since you're drinking bottled water, as am i, i though you'd be more interested.

Not really, according to the fellas above everything can now kill you, just live your life...

i'm all for 'living your life' allthough i like to know what i'm putting in my body and to what extend i'm or we are getting screwed over by big corporations.

edit on 27-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Not really, according to the fellas above everything can now kill you, just live your life...

I believe you put it best. Thanks.
Concise and to the point.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have consumed a bottled water. I was thirsty , and the bottle said it was pure water. I drank it really fast. Several minutes later I felt hydrated again. I did not notice any ill effects. I will proceed with a second bottled water and post back any ill effects I might have. I really hope I am not doing damage here.

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

for me that's not good enough.

oh the bankers funneled away your pension and savings, no problem!

'just live your life'

i don't really like that attitude, sorry.

they're getting away with way to much, this is just another thing.

we're getting numb to getting screwed over.

worrying trend

link   

i'm all for 'living your life' allthough i like to know what i'm putting in my body and to what extend i'm or we are getting screwed over by big corporations.

Way way more than they admit!

You can put your $$$ on that. Very safe bet.

Like I said earlier, we seriously need some equipment so we can run our own accurate tests. That way we could check everything from our water to the chicken we are having for dinner.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
at very least,

at least it not FLOURIDATED!

Actually, a lot of bottled waters are now. I think the reason that they can put whatever they want in is because it's classed as a food and under FDA authority....

Bottled water, because it is defined as a “food” under federal regulations, is under the authority of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) while the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)—under much stricter standards—regulates tap water. Thus, bottled water, depending upon the brand, may actually be less clean and safe than tap water. The EPA mandates that local water treatment plants provide city residents with a detailed account of tap water’s source and the results of any testing, including contaminant level violations. Bottled water companies are under no such directives.

www.allaboutwater..........
edit on 27-8-2011 by Thundersmurf because: re-worded as i'm linguistic fool the first time round

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Way way more than they admit!

You can put your $$$ on that. Very safe bet.

Like I said earlier, we seriously need some equipment so we can run our own accurate tests. That way we could check everything from our water to the chicken we are having for dinner.

i don't wanna sound paranoid, but i think we're getting 'poisoned' on a massive scale.

- food
- water
- toothpaste
- drinks
- alcohol
- cigarettes
- vaccines
- chemtrails (according to some)

the list is neverending and i still find this infuriating.

that's why i have a little problem with the saying.

'just live your life'

it shouldn't have to be like this, and to me, it shows that you're already detached from some basic morals and values.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

for me that's not good enough.

oh the bankers funneled away you're pension and savings, no problem!

'just live your life'

i don't really like that attitude, sorry.

they're getting away with way to much, this is just another thing.

we're getting numb to getting screwed over.

worrying trend

What other attitude is available? Revolt with weapons?

But we are not murderers...and seek to harm no one.

Why should our hand be forced to corrupt our own spirit?

I am going to live my life and try to enjoy what's left of it, and don't worry, you know that I will always put a wrench in the machine when I get a chance. That's how I choose to do it though.

You have to really think of this in terms of military strategy. We simply do not have the logistical capability to face them head on. We have to use guerrilla tactics if we are to have any chance.

So I choose to stay peaceful, enjoy my life, share knowledge and aid others in seeking more information, and when no one's looking, I'll see if I can't break this machine.

I have kids I can't just leave them to be confiscated by the govt, I have to play this one smart and try to make the best out of the poor hand I was dealt. I think it can be turned into a winning hand though, but I have to play these cards right and stay ahead of the game.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i'm also not the person to pick up arms.

i can't stand the thought of taking a life.

but i can't understand how some people in power can lose every inch of integrity and self-value they have.

i think we need to hold these people responsible.

get data, verify that data.

peer-review that data.

take it to court!

and don't get me wrong.
i understand why people might have that attitude, sometimes i wish i could live that way.

but it bothers me to see how people and corporations can be so cold.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Interesting thread. There is a difference in drinking water and spring water. Drinking water is tap water through the city water supply which is alleged to be filtered before bottling. If the city water supply has arsenic, mercury, radiation the bottled water will have it as well. Spring water tells where the source of the water if they aren't lying. I see no difference in any type of drinks that you get that are bottled. Coke, Pepsi, energy drinks, tea, the list is endless is all composed almost exclusively of bottled water at the bottling source and is all tap water. Nearly all of it is bottled in plastic, or plastic lined. I really don't understand what the uproar is about other than explaining the product people are consuming. It is still better than anything else you can drink. Even milk contains all types of chemicals and antibiotics plus bottled mostly in plastic containers.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i really really regret posting this thread so fast.

should have taken more time, then it would've sparked more serious discussion.

and it might have gotten the attention, i think, it deserves

the documentary is shocking and to the point.

to the people who made it this far, but haven't watched the documentary, please do.

for other people who haven't watched it, i really recommend it and i'd really appreciate it

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

'just live your life'

it shouldn't have to be like this, and to me, it shows that you're already detached from some basic morals and values.

I agree it shouldn't be like this, but I consider myself a pretty moral person.

That's why you are disillusioned with me isn't it? Because I don't pass out ammo and paint targets for everyone?

How do you know Im not attempting that already, but in a sneaky information style tactic?

But no matter what happens, if you are laying there with your arms and legs chopped off and no woman will ever touch you, you should still try to enjoy the last bits of life left. Maybe that is the optimist in me?

Don't let TPTB make you jaded. They are empty inside and want that desperation for all of us. I am above that though and I choose to be happy in the face of tragedy, and calm in the face of treachery.

We can make them pay for their crimes, and we can also avoid becoming like them in the process. That's what I am trying to avoid, allowing them to taint me with despair.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

The chemicals that are used to make the plastic bottles also seep into the water therefore making it toxic. It is very dangerous especially for women to drink water from a plastic bottle that has been stored for some time due to the carcinogenic pct's etc. These are known to cause breast cancer. Men also need to be aware.

Storage factors into this also. Sunlight especially, but even just warmer temperatures, can cause those toxic chemicals in the plastic, to be transferred into the water quicker and/or of a higher potency.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if modern civilisation has become too paranoid about anything and everything these days.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Aquafina is fluoridated tap water.

Plastic has been used for quite a while now. It's no doubt bad for us - but exactly how bad?

I'd like to see some proof of actual adverse effects due to the daily usage of plastic.

Check this video out, it'll answer your question.

Addicted to Plastic

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i'm not disillusioned with you in any way.
i like your input and always have

i agree with you but i just don't have the capability to grow 'numb' to such things.

don't worry, i still live my life.

allthough i might be a little more pessimistic than the average person.

i wanted to spark some discussion and at least make ATS aware of the documentary and (possible) dangers.

because everybody drinks bottled water.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'd never drink bottled water. It's possibly the most successful con of all time? Though I do prefer fresh water to tap water, when I get the chance.

Biggest laugh I had was cllimbing Snowdon, in North Wales - which has loads of streams running down it - and reaching the cafe on the summit the first thing I saw was a huge pile of bottled French water

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Sometimes I wonder if modern civilisation has become too paranoid about anything and everything these days.

please wonder if civilisation has become to paranoid, AFTER watching the vid.

k?

thanks

you (indirectly) attacked me with that post, at least you're insinuating something... and you've attributed ZERO to the thread.

thanks and come again

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes, it is dangerous in many ways. Plastic litters our landfills and streams, and oceans, and it never, ever degrades or goes back to Earth. Throw a plastic water bottle in your yard, go ahead in the future a million years, and even if is melted, it is still there.

Bottled water costs more, dollar for dollar, that gasoline does. Most bottled water is not from "clean mountain streams" like they would have you believe, and it does contain Fluoride, a poison.
(Bold Text My Own)

Approximately half of the United States' drinking water supply is fluoridated in an attempt to reduce dental cavities in children. Is this state of affairs justified? Is it safe?

Most Americans are unaware of the dangers of ingesting fluoride. Most dentists, physicians and scientists are unaware of the dangers of fluoride and water fluoridation. According to a 1988 article in the prestigious Chemical and Engineering News, scientific voices of opposition to fluoridation have been suppressed, since 1950 when the U.S. Public Health Service first endorsed fluoridation.

Power tactics including threats, ridicule and frank censorship aimed at scientists and clinicians knowledgeable about fluoridation have prevented the truth about fluoride to be disseminated to the science world as well as to the public. Whenever a public agency is charged with objectively evaluating the safety of a procedure while at the same time endorsing and recommending it, a serious conflict of interest is set up.

This is exactly the position of the U.S. Public Health Service for the past 44 years.

Facts About Fluoride

So, what are some of the facts about fluoride? According to the handbook, Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products, fluoride is more poisonous than lead and just slightly less poisonous than arsenic. It is a cumulative poison that accumulates in bone over the years. According to the Physicians Desk Reference, "in hypersensitive individuals, fluorides occasionally cause skin eruptions such as atopic dermatitis, eczema, or urticaria. Gastric distress, headache, and weakness have also been reported. These hypersensitive reactions usually disappear promptly after discontinuation of the fluoride."

From 1990 to 1992, the Journal of the American Medical Association published three separate articles linking increased hip fracture rates to fluoride in the water. In the March 22, 1990 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, Mayo Clinic researchers reported that fluoride treatment of osteoporosis increased hip fracture rate and bone fragility. A study by Procter and Gamble showed that as little as half the amount of fluoride used to fluoridate public water supplies resulted in a sizable and significant increase in genetic damage. Epidemiology research in the mid-1970's by the late Dr. Dean Burk, head of the cytochemistry division of the National Cancer Institute, indicated that 10,000 or more fluoridation-linked cancer deaths occur yearly in the United States. In 1989, the ability of fluoride to transform normal cells into cancer cells was confirmed by Argonne National Laboratories.
source

Neither EPA nor FDA certify bottled water.However, consumers may notice a logo or seal from two other organizations on the label.

Have questions about bottled water? Ask the experts:
water.epa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join