It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two SA Schools ‘under evil spells’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Strange things happening here in South Africa, as usual…
Today we have a recently developed story from Limpopo, a province still rich in its culture and beliefs. In some of the rural areas, such as the one mentioned below, there is no TV or internet just plain people living off the land and the culture that surrounds it. And witchcraft is a big part of that culture.

PUPILS at two Limpopo schools are living in fear following allegations that an evil spell has been cast on them.
The pupils of Masegela Lower Primary, and those of neighboring Bosemahla Higher Primary in GaSemenya village in Moletji, near Polokwane, had been collapsing during school hours.

It isn’t so much that the children are collapsing, but rather the circumstances under which it happens;

According to the authorities at the schools, female pupils often collapsed under mysterious circumstances. This, they said, happened during the schools' morning prayers and during classes. It required prayers for the collapsed pupils to regain consciousness.

The Sowetan (Newspaper) visited the two schools yesterday and met teachers who were already on their way home at about 11am. "We are worried about the developments at the two schools," Mabitsela said.
According to a teacher at Bosemahla a local pastor visited the school to offer prayers on Friday last week. While he was preaching about 35 pupils had collapsed.

During yesterday's visit to Masegela, Sowetan (newspaper journalists) experienced a scary situation in which parents had gathered with leaders of various churches in the area to assist the school with prayers to cast off the evil spells. No fewer than 10 pupils collapsed during our stay at the school, which indicated the situation was very serious.

A villager, who declined to be named , said witchcraft was rife in the area. Provincial department of education spokesperson Pat Kgomo said they would send a team of psychologists to offer counseling and support to the affected pupils.

www.sowetanlive.co.za...

edit on 27-8-2011 by Monkeygod333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So, what do you think? Yes, South Africa may be the birthplace of many a tale, but this sounds like a much more ominous presence at play here. Don’t ever be fooled into thinking evil is not present in our reality. Not believing is Satan doesn’t mean he can’t get to you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We can only hope that the people of South Africa wake up to how religion is keeping them in mental handcuffs and restricting their ability to be themselves.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Salem, anyone? Girls fainting, and being brought back by prayers, and saying curses were put on them?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
Salem, anyone? Girls fainting, and being brought back by prayers, and saying curses were put on them?

This is not one of those religious tales to boost the theory of religion. Nor is it one of those happy-clappy-touch-a-forehead-and-bring-a-child-back-to-life things, if that’s what you are getting at. This is a real school, much the same as the one you attended, experiencing this. And journalists experienced the same thing…

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

This is not one of those religious tales to boost the theory of religion. Nor is it one of those happy-clappy-touch-a-forehead-and-bring-a-child-back-to-life things, if that’s what you are getting at. This is a real school, much the same as the one you attended, experiencing this. And journalists experienced the same thing…

All the talk of pastors and preaching, and your own claims of the "devil" indicate that this is precisely a case of "happy-clappy-touch-a-forehead-and-bring-a-child-back-to-life things"

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Howzit boet,! Lol

I too am from SA mate, and i would not be so quick to jump to witchcraft or evil spirits as an answer as to what is happening here.

Far too often, here in SA, whenever there are unexplained things happenning in a remote area, or tribal area, it is immediately assumed that it is magic, or a sangoma at work.

There are so many plants, and herbs and poisons here in SA that can very easily be used by so called Sangoma's or witchdoctors to get results very similar to what is being described in the article.

Now why would they do this? Easy, for power, for influence, to create a presence for themselves, to gain respect from the community for the supposed power they have, and in the end, for money!

These guys are mere charlatans and con artists mate, preying on the ignorance of their communities. It is the only place they hold power.

I am getting tired of these BS stories coming out of SA, for it just shows the ignorance of the local tribal population, and how through centuries, these witchdoctors have gotten a hold on these communities.

Vvv

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reminds me of one of the newer
exorcist movies

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

The salem girls basically did it to mess with people and to keep trouble off of them.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
...i saw this exact story a year or so ago but i'm not sure if it was the same town or not... anyways, it was eventually determined that the behavior was simply a case of monkey see monkey do - kids seeking attention...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There is probably a perfectly good explanation for this. There was a story not too long ago here in pennsylvania about kids in schools mysteriously fainting they found the cause though I cant remember the cause or the exact school would google it but im on my mobile.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
To believe absolutely in a thing,is to give it absolute power over you.

There are many people on this planet who believe in the supernatural and look to that for explanations for nearly everything. Is it so hard to believe that the will and intent of an individual practiced in the Art of mind control thru the power of suggestion could be behind this phenomena?

Superstition is a powerful tool. So,too,is the individual will.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Fascinating,if a bit disturbing topic/subject. Thank you for bringing it to us OP. It illustrates perfectly that there is far more to our world than can be seen with the eye.

S&F~

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters

All the talk of pastors and preaching, and your own claims of the "devil" indicate that this is precisely a case of "happy-clappy-touch-a-forehead-and-bring-a-child-back-to-life things"

Umm... Thats what Pastors do dude...
It's not rocket science...
It is what it is.
No matter how you look at it or try and make fun of it, this happening to those people!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Mmmmm Strange Developments...

Apparently local legend tells of Fair skinned Gods, who posses lightening sticks, and can fly in great birds, high in the sky.......The Great Bo-arna are to be feared.

Perhaps these Gods have spoken to these girls, and set the Fear of the Gods on them.

We must pray...".Mmmm , bodoo, bodoo, salamanka bing bong..."

Of course, it could just be Satan playing his tricks again, that little Devil !!!.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Howzit boet,! Lol

I too am from SA mate, and i would not be so quick to jump to witchcraft or evil spirits as an answer as to what is happening here.

Far too often, here in SA, whenever there are unexplained things happenning in a remote area, or tribal area, it is immediately assumed that it is magic, or a sangoma at work.

There are so many plants, and herbs and poisons here in SA that can very easily be used by so called Sangoma's or witchdoctors to get results very similar to what is being described in the article.

Now why would they do this? Easy, for power, for influence, to create a presence for themselves, to gain respect from the community for the supposed power they have, and in the end, for money!

These guys are mere charlatans and con artists mate, preying on the ignorance of their communities. It is the only place they hold power.

I am getting tired of these BS stories coming out of SA, for it just shows the ignorance of the local tribal population, and how through centuries, these witchdoctors have gotten a hold on these communities.

Vvv

I get what you are saying dude, but this is barely the same thing. I had a guy named Ntix who n bought all my dagga from. When I visited again the oke had died and I was very sad, as you can imagine. They said that it was witchcraft, but I didnt believe them. As I said in my post, SA is a place of many a tale, I mean, you can buy concoctions to bring back your lost lover or help you win the lotto, which is all a bunch of BS I know, but IMO this is different.

Exorcisms take place every single day somewhere around the world! Every single day somebody somewhere is influenced by some entity that religious describe as demons or spirits. And there’s about 400 years worth of evidence of this on our green earth. Why, BECAUSE ITS SOUTH AFRICA, can this not perhaps be a similar event?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I'm sure those psychologists will go over great with the locals!

They probably should have sent a medical doctor!

I usually collapse when I'm overheated, sick, or haven't had enough to eat.

But this article about it is pretty useless. It seems to be a local situation that the people don't really want to talk about. The greatest power of a "spell" is in the target's belief that it will work! The girls could be faking a scene for some reason. Holding their breaths or something to make themselves faint. Girls of a certain age are incredibly capable of a kind of group animal magnetism. One starts doing something and all the others follow. I have heard stories of girls living together having their periods synchronize. I heard an odd story once of a "laughing epidemic" (Tanganyika laughter epidemic) that was started by three girls laughing hysterically. So many people had held in their feelings for so long that it took 18 months before the region laughed itself out. So all kinds of weird things can happen that will create a rumor that a spell has been cast, if that's the normal way to explain such things.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is actually a very common occurence in SA, every few months a story like this hits the press. The stories are often from Limpopo, but often from elsewhere too, with no apparent ties except for "poor, rural areas".

The behaviour does echo historical events like "Salem" rather well, and often involves mass behaviour, although i don't think i've ever heard of ALL the people succumbing to it, only a part of them. That it always has "christian" undertones is ... noteworthy. The evidence and circumstances are often well publicised by reporters, anyone who has an interest would find a lot to read up about.

Magic is more accepted in africa than the western world, both by the masses and by the practitioners. That's a factor that we, here, can't really quantify, or understand, but must play a large part in the understandings of the victims. I'll also add that even the "modern" blacks believe in the powers in sangomas and such.

I live in africa, i've seen some wierd sh1t.

edit on 28-8-2011 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters

Umm... Thats what Pastors do dude...
It's not rocket science...
It is what it is.
No matter how you look at it or try and make fun of it, this happening to those people!

It's absolutely ridiculous, and you are helping to fuel their ignorance. Religion is a mental disorder.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My question is what brought about the curses on these two schools only? Was there something that one of the main people in the school did to upset someone who may be practicing the black arts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join