It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Supporters Backing Perry for GOP Nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.gallup.com...

PRINCETON, NJ -- Rick Perry's candidacy has attracted strong initial support from Republicans who identify themselves as supporters of the Tea Party movement. Perry leads by 21 percentage points over the closest contenders among this group, Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann. Among Republicans who say they do not support the Tea Party movement, Romney and Perry are essentially tied.

Looks like Perry is gonna be the nomination unless Palin jumps into the race and disperses these numbers some. A big push by the Tea Party, who are very active supporters, and this is a done deal.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

just more proof that Tea Party = republican.
republican = sheep

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
LOL.. I lived in Austin,TX and let me tell you that Perry is another Neocon puppet, the Republicans will never get it, will they?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
which "tea party" are you talking about? There are half a dozen flavors. I can tell you that no Ron Paul supporters will be voting for any Republican nominee other than Ron Paul. I can also tell you that the bulk of independents and disillusioned Democrats will be voting for no one but Ron Paul. It is either going to be Ron Paul or Obama.

The End.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The TEA Party really disappointed me when they were absorbed by FOX News and the GOP. I was really hoping for a true strong independent political party, but it was co opted by the GOP and just holds the crazy wing for the political right anymore.

Sad really, but at least we know who NOT to vote for. (whoever these idiots do vote for)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

It is my understanding the TEA Party was never intended to be a political party, independant or otherwise. I started and still is a grass roots movement of average americans from all walks of life and political persuasion who were and still are fed up with overtaxation, out of control spending and beltway bull.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This story simply does not represent reality, and is an obvious attempt to minimize Ron Paul again and again ad nauseam..

Everyone knows the lame stream media is and has been doing this.. no point in trying to pretend it isn't happening.. The real die hard idiots will resort to arguing semantics over certain poll results to try and make this psyop more real.., etc. etc., etc.

Do yourself a big favor and jump off this bandwagon the MSM is doing.. Your IQ will thank you a lot, and you will gain more respect from regular enlightened people who aren't being willing puppets of multiple disinformation and social engineering programs..

Deep down you know I'm right

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The Tea Party is very powerful if harnessed. If the candidates have the split the Tea vote then it's obviously loosing most of it's power. Ron Paul is pretty much the founder of the party, so I created this poster in hopes of maybe catching a Perry, Palin fan's eyes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f545daa5f0a2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pandora0629

Yes, indeed, it was supposed to be a strong independent movement. Unfortunately, people who took it over were people like Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and Michelle Bachman. It became an ultra conservative movement which I can't agree with.

When I talk about independent, I mean center of the aisle independent. Not ultra right wing nutcases like the birthers. That doesn't solve anything about the political problems within our society.

The fact remains, that the TEA Party is now an ultra conservative entity. A GOP/NewsCorp brand.

When America finally wakes up and realizes that being at the ultra extreme part of the political spectrum isn't the way to go, we can start really fixing the problems in our society.

The TEA Party philosophy of 0% tax for the wealthiest 1% is an oligarchist mindset. It appears that for some god knows reason these people think that if you don't tax the wealthy at all, they will shower upon the faithful money and jobs. (Course reality shows that's not how it works, the rich didn't get rich by writing a lot of checks.) and the opposite is also true, giving away the farm doesn't equate into sound fiscal policy. (Endless unemployment, welfare, entitlements)

Center of the political spectrum is where we need to be, and not at the extreme end. Unfortunately, the TEA Party is at the extreme right wing end of the political spectrum and that's not healthy for anyone.

new topics

top topics

join