It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lemonade Stand Shutdowns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The attack on lemonade stands is so bad, pretty soon they're gonna take iPod's away for playing Lemonade Tycoon.

I can see it now, you're hanging out with your friends on your iPhone, playing some L.T., one of your friends asks, how's your lemonade stand coming along. Next thing you know, a flock of cops approaches you faster than you can say donuts.

Seriously, they want to shut down everybody, green tea, lemonade, apple juice, orange juice, the attack on fruit is driving the police bananas!

Here's a solution, put a roof over the stand and call it Krispy Kreme donuts, you'll get a Nobel Prize!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If uncle SAM isn't getting his cut, it aint happening.

Yes I know it's improper grammar.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They could have paid a couple of bucks for the permit, showed it to the police officers and that would have been the end of it.

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's.
Id have sat there and sold lemonade all day long.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was looking into getting a permit to sell sandwiches and coffee in California. I was told that not only would i have to get a permit, but i would need to be insured for a million bucks!! Ridiculous! There was no way that I was going to give moneies away that I didn't have! I was trying start my own business from the ground up, with no loans, grants, etc... I don't have any credit, so loans were out of the question anyway. The way things are, if you don't play by their rules, you can't even think about competing!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

sandwiches and coffee

You are going to run into government paranoia whenever, and every time you attempt to distribute to the population. Go try to farm a field of corn and sell it.
See how many departments of the gub you get to meet.
All sorts of people come out of the woodwork. I dont agree with all of the current policies. However, many of those policies wouldnt be there if people (and certain conditions) didnt mess up/pop up along the way.

in the food business particularly, people were caught doing things to food that they should have thought twice about, some didnt, some did and did it anyway=good folk taking the hit later. You'll have to make the system work for you in some way or another.

Now in the case of that lemon-aid stand thing, that was pure demo. They knew what they were doing, why they were doing it and they did it anyway. It was obvious.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

join