It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CitiBank Lottery Scam in U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau
reply to post by blocula

I have recieved plenty to lmao. I day dream a little & then toss em.
This one was wierd for a few reason's. 1st it was a real check from the company.
2nd, they use this company. So to them it was the answer to thier prayers.

LOTZA LUV
hi,how are you? these sinister corporations feed off of peoples fears and financial misery and disguise their greed behind a veneer of caring and helping...(*_*)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

HI, Hope you and you're family good with all the doom and gloom lurking out here.

I agree and most companies that do charity work do it for a tax write off.
I am surprised they want to mess with the middle class right now being that we
are their bread and butter. In this day and age you can almost call money an almost
extenct natural resource. But thats just my goofy lil opinion.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
hi...heres something you might find as informative to read as i did >>> www.bibletools.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
1: It wasn't a REAL check. It just looked real.
2: This is a standard "419 advanced fee scam".
3: No contest will ever ask you to pay money somewhere else.

I see scams like this all the time, with slight variations. it all started with the "A rich guy in Africa died, and left you $30,000,000.". All you have to do is send the "barrister" (lawyer) some money to clear it from whatever hold the government has on it. People run down to Western Union of Money Gram and wire away hundreds of dollars. The scammers would change their tactics over time, and implement new scams, but the work on the back-end is always the same.

There are many of these scams.
1: Dead relative.
2: Charity
3: Love
4: Money Orders
5: Fake check
6: Fake car for sale
7: Fake renter, sending more money than required for apartment/house (see fake check)
8: Death threat
9: Lottery

There are others, but for the sake of time, this is all I'll post. Ultimately, they all have ONE thing in common. They all want you to send money to someone else. Google "419 scam" and you'll get an education on this. Warn your friends/family. These guys remain in business ONLY because of people who are gullible enough to believe the story.

I've been fighting these bastards for nearly a decade now, and I've seen how the entire operation works from the inside out. I can tell you that they are very good at what they do, and that they have NO remorse for you or anyone else. It's organized crime at its finest, and some of these guys can be dangerous, even to the point of killing their victims.

When you receive these emails, phone calls, or faxes, just ignore them. Don't bother replying, because all you do is validate that your email address is "good". Ask yourself, "Did I enter that contest?" "Did I buy that lottery ticket?" Practice a little common sense, and live by the old saying, "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true."

If anyone is interested in more information, please feel free to PM me.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i get a new car offer about every month or two,they tell me all that i have to do is "come on down" and pay the sales tax, which i never have because i already know its a scam and a tease just to get me into their showroom. all i would end up leaving with is a toaster of a coffe mug! ha ha ha ha, what a joke, whos gonna actually "give" me a car...please...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The car scams I'm talking about aren't the scams that local dealers have been pulling on people for generations. The ones I'm talking about are when a scammer posts a car for sale on (for example) Craigslist. When the buy contacts them, they provide a VIN, as well as other information to seem credible. They then insist on using Ebay Motors to complete the sale. What they've done is set up a "catcher" (who is also a victim) to receive the money. The catcher thinks they're receiving money for another purpose. The scammer then has the catcher Western Union or Moneygram them a percentage. When you realize you've been burned, you contact Ebay and the police. Then, they track down the other victim who has lost money as well, and the trail goes cold at this point. Since the scammer is in another country, U.S. law enforcement loses jurisdiction and they can't do a damn thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
The car scams I'm talking about aren't the scams that local dealers have been pulling on people for generations. The ones I'm talking about are when a scammer posts a car for sale on (for example) Craigslist. When the buy contacts them, they provide a VIN, as well as other information to seem credible. They then insist on using Ebay Motors to complete the sale. What they've done is set up a "catcher" (who is also a victim) to receive the money. The catcher thinks they're receiving money for another purpose. The scammer then has the catcher Western Union or Moneygram them a percentage. When you realize you've been burned, you contact Ebay and the police. Then, they track down the other victim who has lost money as well, and the trail goes cold at this point. Since the scammer is in another country, U.S. law enforcement loses jurisdiction and they can't do a damn thing.
thanx for that valuable information...my dog would have 3 of 4 maxed out credit cards by now, if the credit cards companies could get away with it...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Lmao my tea went out my nose.
I really needed that reply today.

THNXS BLOCULA
~+~@ ~+@ x's 2 for knowing what a gal needs without her telling ya.
LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau
reply to post by blocula

Lmao my tea went out my nose.
I really needed that reply today.

THNXS BLOCULA
~+~@ ~+@ x's 2 for knowing what a gal needs without her telling ya.
LOTZA LUV
my dog would have to walk other dogs around the neighborhood for a part time job just to pay off all his credit cards,,,hmmm,,, i wonder if he washes dishes?.....this >>> is my 1,000th post! ,i wanted it to be in this very special thread...
edit on 31-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i guess that one ^^^ was #999, "this ones" number 1,000 and theres no where else that i would rather have it be

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join