It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorists Were Right?? Who knew?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

Hmm... sounds like conspiracy theory to me

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

that is a kryptonite-powerful link. i think if that link does not wake up friends and loved ones we share it with, one may as well write them off and stop trying. there are none so blind as those who cannot see.

awesome post Q. s&f for you

Agreed! I use FB as a platform for sharing things. Sue me. It reaches people,who share and reach other people who do the same and so on. For every one person who thinks we are nut job paranoiacs,there are at least half a dozen who's attention it will get and who will want to share it.

I'd rather be thought a bit out there than be assimilated into the herd from caring what others think of my actions and ideas. Share it!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
A quick search would have turned up this thread.

Still, an interesting article about facts that used to be fringe beliefs by CT's.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I must not have entered the right criteria for the search,my apologies. Based on the few positive responses my post got,there were some who missed it when first placed on ATS as well.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

My apologies. I should have worded that differently. My intent was not to scold anyone. I've certainly never posted anything already threaded.

And it does deserve more attention I think.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I am in the learning stages of how to operate ATS properly..I have a way to go yet. Like most of us I get excited about things I think those of you here will appreciate or want to know about,as well as my desire to learn from you.

It will never be my intent to try and steal anyone's thunder. I promise.

Thank you for your patience,and kindness toward me. I'm learning and growing every second of every day.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Great post, OP. I often find it very frustrating talking to some of my friends about these very subjects. Usually a snarky comment response and a rolling of the eyes. If it's not told to them by the idiot-box they just won't believe it. This site and a few others have become my main sources for actual news. The only drawback is I find it takes more willpower to remain optimistic anymore. I guess it's true- ignorance is bliss.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

To me "conspiracies"are only people knowing the truth of things that are happening around us and no matter what they say there's nothing wrong with that.The main stream media isn't telling us the truth and they see we are not buying into what they spew out anymore.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainDog

Great post, OP. I often find it very frustrating talking to some of my friends about these very subjects. Usually a snarky comment response and a rolling of the eyes. If it's not told to them by the idiot-box they just won't believe it. This site and a few others have become my main sources for actual news. The only drawback is I find it takes more willpower to remain optimistic anymore. I guess it's true- ignorance is bliss.

It is hard,RainDog..especially when it's the people you love and/or care about doing the eye rolling and snarking. And the ignorance is bliss thing? I'd say to each his own,keep sleeping if it makes you feel better,but the problem with that is,when something goes down,which it will,we'll be the first ones they run to for help. I'm sorry,but I'm just not that well stocked.

Not the kind of "I told ya so" scenario I'm looking forward to. All we can do till then is keep putting it out there and doing our best to find truth and deny ignorance.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

To me "conspiracies"are only people knowing the truth of things that are happening around us and no matter what they say there's nothing wrong with that.The main stream media isn't telling us the truth and they see we are not buying into what they spew out anymore.

Exactly! There are an awful lot of truly bright individuals who have the ability to recognize patterns and can connect the dots so to speak. They call it conspiracy,we call it Truth. Hidden in plain sight.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I've always compared so called "conspiracy people" to people that are intelligent,curious,not afraid of challenging the status quo,and truth seekers,and having all of these attributes are what makes us stand out in the crowd.This is why they see us as a threat,a threat to main stream media,a threat to those that wish to decieve us,a threat to the lies,and above all a threat to the criminals that are now running our country.That is why they compare us with being a terrorist
.....call me a conspiracy truther anytime!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

HERE HERE!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qouth The Raven

Originally posted by newcovenant

If everybody knew then it wouldn't be a conspiracy would it?
I am not sure what you are trying to say. Who was right about what?

I'm not trying to say anything other than GREAT JOB Conspiracy Theorists. Did you read my OP as well as from the link I posted?

Sorry. I didn't read the link - just paranoid I guess because like to know what is up before I click. I should have known there was an explanation there. Good job.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I apologize for not inserting an excerpt along with the link,as we are supposed to when posting a link to an external source. I have been told that that is the proper way to do it here at ATS,and will do so in the future.

My bad.
And thank you

edit on 30-8-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: needed editing

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qouth The Raven

I apologize for not inserting an excerpt along with the link,as we are supposed to when posting a link to an external source. I have been told that that is the proper way to do it here at ATS,and will do so in the future.

My bad.
And thank you

edit on 30-8-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: needed editing

Please don't apologize, no problem at all. I was sort of having an information over load attack at that moment when you want everything there is to know right there in front of you? I had already been on for a while reading and posting and was about to log off. It was weird, and definitely MY bad. After being on ATS so long sometimes what escapes me is THE OBVIOUS, and not the secrets!

When I get like that I have to remind myself of a joke.

A busy executive, impatient and overwhelmed is casting about wildly, throwing papers everywhere looking for his pen.

"Ms Rogers, I am looking for my pen. Where is it?"

"Why it's right there behind your ear, Sir"

"Come, come Ms Rogers, I am a very busy man!"

"Which ear?"

This makes me remember how ridiculous I am, have to laugh and then slow down.
Thanks to you too for a gentle reminder I desperately need sometimes......sloooooowwww dooooowwwwnnnn.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

LOL! Lovely 'joke'..more of a metaphor for how out of control scattered we can allow ourselves to become.

I think that in my life,one of the single most important things I have learned,is that no matter how hectic our lives are or how frantically we try and keep up,it is in the quietest of times that we accomplish the most.

Something to think about as you head into your busy day. . .While stepping over pebbles,pause on occasion and marvel at the beauty along your path.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join