It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Boots on the Ground in Libya: Hell NO!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This is mainly a European/Canadian Basket case. Let them deal with this potential disaster.

NO!!!!!!!

This is a European mess. We committed some planes as part of our commitment to NATO. Let France and the UK spill blood for this crap.

No Canadian boots on the ground. JTF2 is already there, of that you can be sure but other than that, NO!!!!!

Let them sort their own freakin messes out. No more Canadian blood for BS.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
NATO is now openly boasting about breaching the same resolution they wrongly used to start the operations against an independent nation. They now have openly admitted having ground troops, have openly admitted arming militias, and have openly admitted dropping foreign mercenaries from the coast of Tripoli. All of which goes against the same resolution they used to continue the destabilization, division, and now here comes the invasion. African Union will continue resisting this yet another attempt, but up to now they have been powerless against the might of NATO.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thanks for chiming in for our cousins up North.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Well since there's a Canadian commander in charge of Libya so seems he and Canadians wanted it. Since Canada hates us the same as Europeans do it seem both of them wanted it.

As for this thread, USA should pull out of every military base in the world(except for Korea). Time for the world to map up. Libya hasn't attacked any NATO nations what-so-ever. At least with Afghanistan it does we were atttacked (9/11) that any attack on NATO is an attack on all. Robert Gates is right as he spoke on June of 2011 that other NATO members are not pulling it's own weight.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Who said anything about Canada hating the US?

We don't want this action. There is little to no support for this in Canada. The only reason we have some one in charge is we have ten years experience now after Afghanistan. You want a Dane or a a Belgian in Charge of this?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The UN can relocate to Brussels or Bonn or somewhere.

I disagree with leaving nato, however, I think it should become less of a stormfront and more of a building partners/trade thing. But ultimately, its pointless to dismantle nato because it seems no matter when someone strikes at the west, the west will back each other up

But, the country in question being hit should offically request under no uncertain terms beforehand.

I personally think we should only be dealing and trading with nato countrys frankly. Anyone outside of nato should have mega tariffs slapped on them from all nato countrys. Want to trade with us? sure...become part of nato, which means minimum wage, standards of work, etc etc...make it a trade alliance moreso than a military alliance.

UN is important only in the long haul as a model for world government..which will happen, but not at its current state. I think it might be ahead of its time to be anything more than a ideal. I like the ideal, but acknowledge its uselessness.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by nenothtu

The UN can relocate to Brussels or Bonn or somewhere.

I disagree with leaving nato, however, I think it should become less of a stormfront and more of a building partners/trade thing. But ultimately, its pointless to dismantle nato because it seems no matter when someone strikes at the west, the west will back each other up

But, the country in question being hit should offically request under no uncertain terms beforehand.

I personally think we should only be dealing and trading with nato countrys frankly. Anyone outside of nato should have mega tariffs slapped on them from all nato countrys. Want to trade with us? sure...become part of nato, which means minimum wage, standards of work, etc etc...make it a trade alliance moreso than a military alliance.

UN is important only in the long haul as a model for world government..which will happen, but not at its current state. I think it might be ahead of its time to be anything more than a ideal. I like the ideal, but acknowledge its uselessness.

NATO was made in 1949 to deal with the Soviet Union and Communist Agression Only. Now since the USSR is gone, it should have been folded up a long time ago. Believe me, most of us Americans here wanted to leave NATO.

As for the UN, They failed to respond to situations like 1994 Rwanda, like preventing the peacekeepers in Bosnia to engage in military force against the Serbs which allow them to massacre civilians, like they failed to do something about Somalia, failure to force compliance against Iraq during the Gulf War ceasefire in exchange for the oil-for-food scandal, etc so on. Plus their humanitarian missions if not all aren't great. Plus the UN even kept telling us what to do and trying to trample over our soverienigy. I do not hate the UN but the way i see it, it's useless to deal with conflicts and their humanitirian missions isn't so great(like Somalie in 1993).

Plus we shouldered 75% of NATO and UN spending budget. It's really bad for us. That's why i suggest UN should move out of the USA.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This isn't a European/Canadian conflict! its yours but we are doing the dirty work because people would start to get extremely angry if America went into another country throwing its weight around.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You see.. they kept a low profile, and now that the "war" is coming to an end, the US needs some boots on the ground to ensure the Libyans cough up the oil and don't misbehave. Even if there were not many boots on the ground, the US was losing billions on this war and will keep on doing so. oBOMBa, is just another shill and really showed it to his supporters, by increasing troops, increasing expenditure and increasing war. And, to think, they still want to invade Iran. Where are they getting all the resources from? in this type of a recession? It's madness, and it needs to stop.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

you know this whole thing is a pantomime don't you?

us forces have been on the ground since day one, they've just been dressing up as arabs!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I feel we shouldn't be telling the M.E. how to live and vice versa. Let the countries who have problems, solve it on their own. We're wasting our tax payer money on this not to mention American and European lives.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
This isn't a European/Canadian conflict! its yours but we are doing the dirty work because people would start to get extremely angry if America went into another country throwing its weight around.

Hah, we don't want any part in these bloody wars ourselves, our government does what it wants regardless of how we feel about it. it's not "America" that throws its weight around its our government. I'd be more than happy to let some euros die for a change instead of our fathers,mothers,brothers,sisters, sons and daughters. The U.S. gets involved and you euros whine and complain about how we do things when for the 60 years since NATO was formed you guys have done absolutely nothing on your own. All you foreign nations contribute like 50 troops per country anytime the SHTF while WE contribute 75,000-100,000 and then you sit back and complain how WE do things when its YOUR governments who refuse to take an active role in securing these regions. the U.S. wouldnt HAVE to step in if you people would pull your own weight.

France,Germany,Spain etc. have done diddly squat, Brittain at least tried to help when Tony Blair was in office, but up till that point it is primarily the U.S. who has been carrying your cross for you. Until you people can contribute more than 50 troops, you have no right to say anything.
edit on 28-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

It was Britain and France that wanted this war in the 1st place. Didn't the UNSCR 1973 was pushed by Britain and France along with the Arab States in the 1st place? You know that most of it's Libyan oil goes to Europe and none on the USA? Fact is without the backing of the United States, Britain, Canadian, and it's European's allies would lose this war. Get your facts straight. That's fine by me, maybe we should leave Libya. Libya hasn't attacked any NATO member what-so-ever.

I heard that Europe and Canadian pacifism is very strong there. No wonder.....
edit on 28-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

All you foreign nations contribute like 50 troops per country anytime the SHTF while WE contribute 75,000-100,000 and then you sit back and complain how WE do things when its YOUR governments who refuse to take an active role in securing these regions. the U.S. wouldnt HAVE to step in if you people would pull your own weight.

editby]edit on 28-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

50 troops? Are you kidding?

Sure the U.K didn't put anywhere near what the U.S did, but hey, was it our Foreign policies that got us to where we are in the first instance?

The U.K are the lap dogs of the U.S, but in turn the U.S are the lap dog of Israel. To say anything different would demonstrate your ignorance of how things have gone down over the last 50 years.

The U.S will soon have an airbase in Libya, the plans for an assault on Syria and Iran are taking shape.

You think you have had enough now? Let's see how you feel in twelve months time. This isn't a issue for Europe or U.S, how can it be when Libya is in Africa.

The way I see it the rebellion in Libya wasn't anybody's problem except Libya's, but true to form the U.S saw an opportunity to finally get old Mad Dog. Teach him a lesson for all that sponsering of terrorists.

The country is heading for a major humanitarian disaster, but how soon can we get the Oil shipped out to the U.S and Europe?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Also came across this today.

I think U.S boots are already on the ground.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

thing is its not a war , no one has declared war , its an armed conflict , an illegal invasion of a soverign nation , which would constitute as a declaration of war however it seems the UK , France , Canada , and the US are quite happy not to declare war is then they would certainly be commiting crimes agaisnt humanity by bombing civilians in the name of humanitarian aid .

and to Kro ,

What's up with all these whiny threads lately. Of course were not involved in every country around the world and yes you must have a world presence to be a superpower. Read some history about the times when America practiced isolationism and nothing but bad things happen in the world.

Seems as though nothing has changed there eh , or maybe I think got a little worse since america started to play empire !

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

the only thing tony blair done in office was to help himself .
he just happily ordered the army to their deaths to help america in the war on terror.
Our government should not be sending troops anywhere they should be brought home and disbanded
or downsized , britian is a tiny island compared to the rest of the world . The empires had its day we dont need to fight anywhere for anyone anymore !

and to say that we need to contribute more bodies for soaking up bullets for the shift of political power and imposing democracy on soverign nations is insane , our countries have no right what so ever to invade or even drop bombs on these people .

So in order for us "euros" to have an opinion we need to kill more people ! great

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by wcitizen

thing is its not a war , no one has declared war , its an armed conflict , an illegal invasion of a soverign nation , which would constitute as a declaration of war however it seems the UK , France , Canada , and the US are quite happy not to declare war is then they would certainly be commiting crimes agaisnt humanity by bombing civilians in the name of humanitarian aid .

and to Kro ,

What's up with all these whiny threads lately. Of course were not involved in every country around the world and yes you must have a world presence to be a superpower. Read some history about the times when America practiced isolationism and nothing but bad things happen in the world.

Seems as though nothing has changed there eh , or maybe I think got a little worse since america started to play empire !

In legalese that is true - if war is declared it must be taken to congress, so not calling this a war circumvents that obstacle to the murderer mongers doing exactly what they want. It's just another way of lying to deceive and do what they want.

In every other respect it is war.

I'm sure the innocent people of LIbya aren't making that fine distinction as their loved ones are being killed and maimed, their homes destroyed and their country wrecked.
edit on 28-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Very interesting interview WHO is LYING..............

Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam (part 1): US looks on Libya as McDonald's

www.youtube.com...

Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam (part 2): US looks on Libya as McDonald's

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-8-2011 by knowledgeBborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Also came across this today.

I think U.S boots are already on the ground.

These are Special covert Ops units not NATO ground invasion troops. They were allowed to covert the rebels as much what the U.S., UK, Israel, Pakistan, People's Republic of China, and Saudi Arabia did with the Mujahideen against the Soviets in Afghanistan in the 1980s. of course the rebels need some help and coordinating.

But they say that no NATO ground invasion troops.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join