It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Boots on the Ground in Libya: Hell NO!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
the whole thing was going to happen this way pretty sure 80 percent of ppl seen it coming, all the cover story bs is getting old

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just like clockwork...

War We Can!

edit on 27-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Of course. Lies from the very beginning and soo predictable.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
USA is the leader of NATO so it decides to send NATO ground troops to occupy Libya, without breaking Obama's oath not to put US ground troops there direct.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by wcitizen

Goddammit, I TOLD ya so!

So you were the only one who called it this way?

Another show of arrogance I must say.

Now if you were to have said 'that along with a lot of people we told you so', you would hold more credence.

The U.S may well have been the main instigators in the majority of the wars in the M.E, but to claim you are the only ones is an absolute insult to all the service men that have died in the name of 'Freedom'.

I thought the likes of yourself and Slayer would appreciate that you (U.S) are not the only ones involved in trying to Police the world. Yet all I hear is how the U.S shouldn't open up a third front.

In my opinion we (NATO Members) shouldn't have opened up any fronts.
edit on 27/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Libya isn't the only stop. Syria and Iran is next in line.

-> Isolate Iran from its allies
-> Stage some false flag attacks against America or Israel
-> Blame Iran for the attacks
-> "Protests" suddenly break out in Iran
-> The UN labels it as a humanitarian crisis and orders immediate intervention
-> All hell breaks loose

Just like Clockwork...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

That would be a fourth front wouldn't it?

Slayer and co will not support that!!

The absolute arrogance of these people. It's not only U.S servicemen and women losing their lives.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I can't help but think all this perennial wartime still has something to do with profits, from the military industrial complex. Our economy is strapped and, like it or not(which I don't personally), war is a hell of a money maker, as well as an opportunity to lose/misplace money. Whoops, billions unaccounted for, time and time again. (* and ampedstatus.org... )
So aside from political or genuine military requirements, it seems the war machine is continuing to churn, with decisions that come from those whose interests we have to question, since we are never told the truth.

spec

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just saw some bickering about the definition of war on the first couple of pages and thought I'd throw in this little bit of info. You can have undeclared wars... I mean that is pretty much all it is when you call it by a different name. Its been happening since the beginning.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I too wish that we will not become involved in another conflict, ours or someone elses. The Libya situation is one that the African Nations need to take up, or the middle eastern nations. As a whole another muslim contry coming in to get it straight will be more welcome than a western nation appearance.

I do not share your optimism that we are not already boots on the ground however. I think we are there and have been there, in limited numbers and limited roles. Mr. Obama seems to say one thing and do the opposite as many of our politicians. Mr. Obama has stated that he would stop the war in Afghanistan when in reality he actually turned it up a notch with many more drone attacks inside Pakistan. He is able to do this with limited visibility because of the secret nature of the drone program, and the NSA, CIA and local police (several cities in the US now using drones) can operate drones and drop the bomb and Mr. Obama can deny a military operation.

I am afraid it will not be libya but a middle eastern nation we will go into that will kick another round of war with bad results. Will wait and see however.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The UN dosen't have a standing army to send in. It requires contributions of troops and battalions, so in other words any countries military which is willing to enforce said resolution.

As for the rest of your post I agree. Keep out.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm afraid that is the truth and all wars within the last 20 years leads to IRAN and Pakistan (The only islamic country with NUKES).

Lets hope for a peaceful decade.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Leave this up to the Europeans. It's their war in the 1st place. BTW answer my thread please even the person who started this thread. Thanks! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I echo your sentiments Slayer. No ground troops on the ground in Libya! The US has got its hands full in Afghanistan, and the waning days of the Iraq War. I was skeptical of this whole military operation from the get go, and I still don't know who these rebels really are? Could they be extremists, marauding thugs, guys who moonlighted as Iraqi insurgents, or freedom fights as they are often portrayed by the mainstream media? Trade one dictator for a bunch of little dictators with chips on their soldiers? I see no logic in that whatsoever.

Now that these guys are about to take over, what is to come of Gaddafi's weapons stock piles? Some of it is materials left over from Gaddafi's now defunct Nuke Program and others include chemical weapons. Who is going to secure those sights, and ensure they don't fall into bad hands? I have my reservations about these rebels, and the UN and NATO may have very well have kicked a hornets nest?

If US national security is at risk or its citizens, the President and Congress will need to involve the armed services in some way, shape, or form. I hope the British and the French can handle this situation on their own? The US does not need to be involved in this one, and that is my take on the matter.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Why does the US want to get itself involved in any of these invasions in third world countries . Has it improved your economy as is always advertised as the benefits of war ?

Good lets kill people so our economy recovers . Nice one . Anyway I hope that a comet comes and cleans up the place .

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Good eye as always and a great perspective.

Well put!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The older I get and the more I read the more I realize that usually(always?) US Military intervention means windfall profits for some.

We kill (both our "own" and the "enemy") so a few can profit.

Nothing new really, mankind has been doing this at least as long as we have been recording our history. I do grow weary of all the patriotic nonsense though. Let's be honest, shall we? We are in Libya because some men or some corporations are set to make a LOT of money there.

edit on 8/27/2011 by FrenchOsage because: usual

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

No doubt reports have been coming out that US and Britain has readied up forces to be deployed in Libya. Collectively the number of soldiers on stand by equate to thousands, this has been publish by MSM, but with a twist, claiming that these forces are ready to help with stability, when in reality the instability was created by the same forces therefore making it absolutely illogical to believe that this is anything but another attempt to invade another nation.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
its an Arab Country Let the Arab leaders sort it out....??????????? who's left with a government Turkey, Saudi and Iran...Im good with that

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join