It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Boots on the Ground in Libya: Hell NO!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is mainly aimed at my Fellow Americans and will be short, sweet and to the point!

I've been watching the talking heads on various MSM shows today [Why? I don't know, I hardly ever turn the Boob tube on] There is talk about how NATO has been shown to be a paper tiger and that in order to insure stability in Libya between their 140 or more different tribes that it may require US boots on the ground.

Hell NO...

This has been mainly a European/Canadian mission. [For the most part & for whatever reason] Let them send in troops. It's true that the US opened the offensive against old Qaddafi with our "Unique" abilities but so far Obama has kept US forces by and large out of the action. I say good. This is mainly a European/Canadian Basket case. Let them deal with this potential disaster.

Does the US always have to get directly involved?
If anything send in the UN peace keepers. What the hell has the US been giving the UN billions of dollars for [Year after Year] if not for cases such as this?

Obama, do the next right thing for a "Change"!

As you were.

Carry on.
edit on 27-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This will be short, sweet and to the point!

I've been watching the talking heads on various MSM shows today [Why? I don't know, I hardly ever turn the Boob tube on] There is talk about how NATO has been shown to be a paper tiger and that in order to insure stability in Libya between their 140 or more different tribes that it may require US boots on the ground.

Hell NO...

This has been mainly a European/Canadian mission. [For the most part & for whatever reason] Let them send in troops. It's true that the US opened the offensive against old Qaddafi with our "Unique" abilities but so far Obama has kept US forces by and large out of the action. I say good. This is mainly a European/Canadian Basket case. Let them deal with this potential disaster.

If anything send in the UN peace keepers. What the hell has the US been giving the UN billions of dollars for [Year after Year] if not for cases such as this?

Obama, do the next right thing for a "Change"!

As you were.

Carry on.

It's an illegal war. They should all be forced to pull out and those responsible charged with mass murder.

US has been active in this so far, they are just trying to keep a low profile....and there are already boots on the ground.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I'm talking about an "Official US Force" in place not covert units.
But still, You made a valid point.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The U.K and Canadian Special Forces are already on the ground, that we can be sure of.

However, if a decision is made to have a visible presence in Libya, then it looks like the World Police, aka NATO will have this responsibility.

No doubt the U.S will soon have an airbase in Libya at the very least. Another country occupied and another achievement for the Rothschilds, aka New World Order.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I agree one hundred percent. I was saddened when we got involved with this in the first place. I was really surprised by it. Why? I don't know, I suppose I thought Obama was smarter than that. Well, there must be something in it for the US then. I say bring our military home for sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm?

This is the bloody price the USA PAY'$ for making nukes and being one of the 5 permanent countries on the UN Security council with veto rights!

Stay on target and go the bloody distance ... or isn't the USA a super power any more???

Personal Disclosure: Maybe the USA should of listened to China ... who advocates staying the hell out of other countries internal issues. Too late now!!!

edit on 27-8-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

edit on 27-8-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fox buggy emoticon.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

that in order to insure stability in Libya between their 140 or more different tribes that it may require US boots on the ground.

I'm sure we could find some mercenaries to take care of this. Seriously, what ever happened to planning. Seems like here lately we bombed the hell out of a place but seem not to have a plan once there are no more targets to be bombed.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
This is the bloody price the USA PAY'$ for making nukes and being one of the 5 permanent countries on the UN Security council with veto rights!

VETO power? Does that really matter? Both China and Russia had that ability when this whole thing kicked off. YET, They both abstained....

Stay on target and go the bloody distance ... or isn't the USA a super power any more???

So in order to be a "Super Power" we have to get directly involved in Every action around the globe possible?

I don't think so...

Personal Disclosure: Maybe the USA should of listened to China ... who advocates staying the hell out of other countries internal issues. Too late now!!!

AND just how much has China with it's huge monetary surplus contributed to humanitarian aid and disaster relief around the globe compared to the US?

Being a global "Super Power" isn't just about having military power eh?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
It's an illegal war. They should all be forced to pull out and those responsible charged with mass murder.

I'm interested why you feel it's an illegal war. Where would they be charged with mass murder? In what jurisdiction?

US has been active in this so far, they are just trying to keep a low profile....and there are already boots on the ground.

True, probably. What we don't know on a daily basis could fill volumes.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Explanation: Starred and S&F for the OP!

You get an A+ for seeing through all my 100% false arguments [which were a test!]

Personal Disclosure: I fully agree! Maybe its time to vote Ron Paul and get the hell out of the UN!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Get the hell out of the UN and NATO. Bring our boys and equipment home and start looking out for the US interests ONLY when needed.

We can't afford this type of crap anymore IMO

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

What's up with all these whiny threads lately.

Of course were not involved in every country around the world and yes you must have a world presence to be a superpower. Read some history about the times when America practiced isolationism and nothing but bad things happen in the world.

Sorry if you think some people are getting their rights trampled but you know what? The world is not a nice place so put on your tye dye T-shirt throw some Bob Dylan in your stereo and leave world politics up to more logical people.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't see us having boots on the ground under the american flag.
Peacekeeping force we may have a role in, but even then I don't know to what extent. The people simply have lost their desire for war and want to end them all...and boots on the ground smells like a "real" war.

This is their civil war. not america's, not even the world...its libya's thing. We arguably are already overstepping the bounds by providing a no fly zone, however even the US required help from others (france) to gain independence...so, its somewhat forgivable.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

My threads lately have been whiny?

Of course were not involved in every country around the world and yes you must have a world presence to be a superpower. Read some history about the times when America practiced isolationism and nothing but bad things happen in the world.

Preaching to the choir about reading some history. History tells us that ROME for example fell due to many reasons chief among them was the over extension of their forces.

Sorry if you think some people are getting their rights trampled but you know what? The world is not a nice place so put on your tye dye T-shirt throw some Bob Dylan in your stereo and leave world politics up to more logical people.

I appreciate your assumptive opinion on my world views. But as you can see I'd rather be proactive and not reactive on things I don't like rising on the horizon in front of me.

There is nothing wrong with Bob Dylan by the way I rather enjoy his twangy way of singing, him and the Sex pistols

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Although I am aware of the history of the world during our isolationist time, I honestly think its time we practice that again.
Not because I don't give a toss about the rest of the world...opposite really, I think the west is in a very advantagous position that can quickly become strong and untouched...if we do as many request, which is back off, and watch chaos ensue, we might start being seen once again as a good ally to have verses a bully...we should simply sit back for a decade or two and watch bullets fly amongst the smaller nations and conquests start up.

Sometimes an example is best. the lessons of the past have been forgotten through time. And, who knows...things might have progressed across the pond where tyrants no longer want to invade and grow. I know europe is ultimately quiet now and I don't reckon a new hitler will rise up..middle east is different of course, and russia is still unstable...but really, America only cares about members of nato anyhow..anything outside of that they should be allowed to blow themselves up to pieces without our interference.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Originally posted by wcitizen

I'm interested why you feel it's an illegal war. Where would they be charged with mass murder? In what jurisdiction?

We were not attacked, therefore invasion and attack of this country is ILLEGAL... Moreover, many lies have been told, just as for Iraq, about the situation in Libya to justify the invasion. It was never for humanitarian reasons, it was for gold, currency and oil.

True, probably. What we don't know on a daily basis could fill volumes.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If you believe in Pro-Active than perhaps you would agree that America should follow the Bush Doctrine instead of the wimpy version of the Truman Doctrine we currently observe:

Bush Doctrine

The Bush Doctrine is a phrase used to describe various related foreign policy principles of former United States president George W. Bush. The phrase was first used by Charles Krauthammer in June 2001[1] to describe the Bush Administration's unilateral withdrawals from the ABM treaty and the Kyoto Protocol. The phrase initially described the policy that the United States had the right to secure itself against countries that harbor or give aid to terrorist groups, which was used to justify the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan.

Different pundits would attribute different meanings to "the Bush Doctrine", as it came to describe other elements, including the controversial policy of preventive war, which held that the United States should depose foreign regimes that represented a potential or perceived threat to the security of the United States, even if that threat was not immediate; a policy of spreading democracy around the world, especially in the Middle East, as a strategy for combating terrorism; and a willingness to unilaterally pursue U.S. military interests.[3][4][5] Some of these policies were codified in a National Security Council text entitled the National Security Strategy of the United States published on September 20, 2002.

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course I meant no offense or presume to know your world views and I did not imply anything to your other posting just that it seems there is alot of disagreement with our actions in Libya and around the world without consideration of how America came to be or how to maintain that status or possible reasons why having a global sphere of influence is vital to national security.

Star and Flag for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I hope that this shows the world that the US really is not just a war hungry nation, but that because in previous wars we have very generously taken action when no other country would, the rest of the world wants us to intervene and expects that we just will send our boys no questions asked. Think about how Georgia was baffled when they asked the US for help and we said "No."

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Technically its not a war. Its a very strict and violent UN sanction. Looks like Germany and France pulled out at the right moments.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by loneranger26

Technically its not a war. Its a very strict and violent UN sanction. Looks like Germany and France pulled out at the right moments.

Really that's just a play on words. If Libyan planes were bombing your country day and night, would that be a war or not?

They are just deceiving through misinterpreting words and hiding the truth.

The facts show without any doubt that this is a war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join