It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin or Nibiru now visible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by birdyat101
dono what the hell that is lol makes you wonder tho

Yeah, it makes me wonder if some people ever look up. I dunno, maybe it's because Dad was an astronomer and Grandad built B-29s, but I've always loved watching the sky. This is an airplane leaving short vapor trails out of each engine, seen from behind and foreshortened by distance. Also, because the Earth is curved, an airplane in level flight 300 nautical miles away (a plane at 40000 feet can be seen from the ground more than 400 miles away) and heading away appears to be pitched-down 5 degrees, so it can look like it's diving.

I'm kidding, of course, it's actually this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02cf52d9bdf2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick to throw this into the hoax bin just yet. In those contrail shots, the exhaust is always flowing back to the center. In the OP video, the "contrail" is flying out to the sides. It might be a secret jet we don't know about, but I'm not so sure about the contrail explanation yet. There is a 26 page thread about it on GLP, so it's definitely attracting everybody, if you know what I mean.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Obviously an aircraft hit by the setting sun.

If it were Elenin or Nibiru or anything else in space it'd be visible all over the planet every night. Obviously! Think!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

If it were Elenin or Nibiru or anything else in space it'd be visible all over the planet every night. Obviously! Think!!!!

Not if it's coming from the south ecliptic.

Here's another interesting video I found.

Not saying they are the same thing, but interesting anyways.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Wow that video is even more impressive that the OP. You can actually see it burning through the atmosphere and leaving two distinct smoke trails. Looks very similar to the Op video. Maybe the are alien scout craft sent ahead of the coming invasion? Neither look like contrails to me regardless of direction of flight.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

It's sunlit contrails.

Care to take up my challenge since you seem to want to ignore the vast amount of evidence presented here that these are sunlit contrails?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

There is NO Nibiru..

Might be Elinen up there..

but there is NO nibiru...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

This.

There was a thread posted a few months back, where someone filmed something exactly like this, it was deemed to just a be a plane. but it's cool whatever it truly is.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just wondering, but isn't New Zealand in the middle of winter right now? I ask this because that would tend to create more ice crystals in the upper atmosphere, which would account for the rainbow color effect of the contrail, much like a moon glow in the winter, rainbow colored.

I understand that Australia sees very little snow but New Zealand does, and may even have year round snow capped mountains, lending to atmospheric color displays of refracted light.

I have seen many rainbow moon glows and they are beautiful, and perfectly round. Water moister and especially ice crystals act as multi prisms, creating a light show for observers privy to it, the source be it clouds, contrails, or whatever but it is defiantly in the earth atmosphere!

Sorry Jibby Jabber.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

Originally posted by Essan

Not if it's coming from the south ecliptic.

You didn't think.

If it was directly over the south pole, it would still be visible over the entire southern hemisphere (i.e. half the planet) all night, every night. If it was over any latitude of the southern hemisphere other than the pole, then it would be visible over more than half the globe as the Earth rotates.

So, maybe technically that's not "all over the planet" (unless it was over the equator, in which case it would be), but > half the planet is still billions of people who could just walk outside and see it, rather than relying on ignorant youtube videos.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join