It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else smell a snow job with this hurricane coverage.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So, Bush had people ready for response to Katrina, the state and city dropped the ball. Because of that, he was roasted over an open fire. Obama is tanking in the polls, and a tropical storm is hitting NYC. Of course the media is hyping coverage, god forbid our presidential god have a katrina on his hands on top of everything else. BTW is he still on vacation?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am of the opinion, that the sole purpose for the evacuations is that the US government is testing the waters essentially - They want to see how people will respond when a 'dire' threat is upon them.

As an Australian, i can safely say that Irene has a much different type of news coverage then other natural disasters that have occurred. The whole thing seems pretty suss to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
No proof or anything but what came to my mind was serious doubts about why they evacuated the coast. They clear out the entire coast and then cut the power in order to...oh I don't know...bring in some troops or dirty bomb or what ever equipment they need for the coming false flag to get the sheep in lock step behind big brother.
Maybe I'm just on ATS way too much but nothing would surprise me anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm usually the first to say something smells but in this case it is what it really is, everyone even politicians have a level of nervousness with having had that 5.8 earthquake & a 2.8 yesterday in upstate new york & everyone wants a piece of the natural disaster ratings, the networks notice the huge influx in disasters although they won't readily admit it. Do I smell a conspiracy with this overkill of coverage? No, but obviously they know something big as in a truly life altering event, the likes of which we've never seen, really is coming or they wouldn't have posted that coast to coast warning to NASA employees. That my friends smells like a horse barn that hasn't been maintained in 6 months. Stay Alert, Stay Alive.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I personally think this is all part of Disaster Preparedness. How many reports have we seen posted here on ATS about disaster drills, military movements for no reason. It's our tax dollars at work on a whole new level of disaster preparation.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with the network coverage of this hurricane. I think it is what it is. It is a typical late August hurricane full of moisture, and the flooding in New England is going to be significant because they were already getting a lot of rain and with another 12" of rain, the rivers are yet to crest.

This was a significant storm. It wasn't the end of the world but I think it will turn out to be a top 15 storm in the US in terms of damage if you include the floods that are still underway.

As for it being somekind of conspiracy? I don't see any conspiracy. The news is doing what the news does. It is reporting 14/7 and that is what the news does now days. They report 24/7 365 non stop.

I don't see any big deal and everyone is acting as I would expect them to act post Katrina.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
2 days before landfall the weather channel started hyping it up,
'this could be the biggest storm EVER' then all the news outlets started feeding off the weather channel, it became the predicition of all predictions, warning warning evacuate it's huge youre all going to die,
Abrams and Bettis pumping the snot out of the terror and then ALL the dayparts are pumping weather terror, then ALL the media pumping weather terror, and nobody dared correct themselves and adjust,
PUDDLES were put center screen with long half hour droning diatribes narrating the terror of the water in the shot,
a garbage can lid blowing down the street captured on video and the panic of the reporter as it slammed against the bumper of the car in the shot, (it was a rubber lid).
Seriously they need taken out and given a severe ass beating, all of them and told to stop with the drama, Everything now is terror, MINUTES TO LIVE, save yourselves and run, run run.
it's RATINGS ratings ratings, which drive up advertising costs combined with a nation turned pusscake through conditioning.
This is what greed acts and looks like when allowed to go out of control.
It's disgusting.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This coverage is in a word "strange". Non-stop , MSM is BS. and we all know it. Just in the past three weeks there's been thousands of people on the streets in Israel. Zero coverage by MSM. Israel takes a missle, CNN pre-emps broadcast for "breaking news coverage" Israel bombs the # out of who they said did it, more coverage.

People on their streets by the thousands= still zero. I have to question the non-stop onslaught of storm coverage, even as it wains down they still pump up the fear volume. I don't think the mandatory evacs were needed, much past N.C./V.A.... MSM acts as if none of us has ever seen or dealt with a hurricanes or tornados and major storms in general. Simply tell me where it is. What size it is. Where it's headed. And how long before it gets there.How many networks covering this, wind, rain, (event)? All of them, So why do we even have The Weather Channel?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I just had to post here as my 18 year old daughter just left sunny So. Cal., to go away to college in Philadelphia last Sunday. So she was met with a earthquake first, then this storm. Obviously, she was inland however, she was out at 9 pm last night walking to the store with friends to get a few things talking about how bad it was NOT. They were all laughing and wondering why the news were making a big deal out of it. One of her friends goes to school in Manhattan, and told her everything was fine. CNN even made a big deal about Philadelphia and massive flooding...lol, wow, some storm, the freakin' Little League World Series game was just won in Pennsylvania today by the West...couldn't have been that bad!

Now, I know people have to be prepared for a natural disaster, but this was way over the top...I mean way over the top. Before, anyone jumps on my case, I am aware that any natural disaster is bad as I have lived through plenty and I am sorry for any loss of life and/or property suffered by those involved in this hurricane. But what went on up the east coast by the MSM was ridiculous and completely unnecessary IMO.

Hopefully, no one is offended...not my intention.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I live in central NH, and we didn't get too much rain today, but the wind is shaking trees, and I'm waiting to be killed by a falling tree atm. But despite the lack of rain, every single river is overflowing crazily, bridges are closed everywhere, roads too, water levels up to if not running over and degrading bridges everywhere, and my town's dam is completely breached and into all the roads around it, and might destroy a school. Tell me that's not worth getting kinda worried about, d*

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
I am of the opinion, that the sole purpose for the evacuations is that the US government is testing the waters essentially - They want to see how people will respond when a 'dire' threat is upon them.

I would think this would have the exact opposite effect. They made such a huge deal out of it here in NYC and it didn't seem like all the fuss was warranted that next time they want people to evacuate we'll just say "why, we didn't need to last time". It will very much be the boy who cried wolf.

For NYC, at least, I think it was simply a combination of 1) Bloomberg wanting to cover his ass for the mess up with the blizzard this winter and 2) to actually quote someone on WNBC (not Sue Simmons but another woman that was anchoring with Chuck Scarborough today), "we're in the doom and gloom business." They, essentially admitted on air, get more people watching when talking about doom.
edit on 8/28/11 by dreamer01 because: Fix punctuation

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamer01

that reminds me,,seeing that the subway has 4 ft of water,,
will the stock market be open tomorrow?

isnt that where all the server's are,,
after the earthquake,,they may have moved, elswhere???

oh,, and with no transportation,,,,100%,,
will the TRADERS,, have to find there own way, too work?
are there any taxis,,gonna be available?

1 million new yorkers, all wanting a taxi,,
wow

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
It's so obvious
they are trying to raise the fear frequency. They are up to something.

I've been thinking exactly the same thing ever since they started making noise about this. Something stinks here. Whatever it is, I'm not liking the vibes.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You know I do feel that way a bit, but the storm was just brutal in the south. Though yea, by the time it got to NYC, it was a joke.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Yes, I work in a closely related industry, and we were told we have to be at work in time as the markets will be open tomorrow. I thought the news said limited MTA bus service will be operating (I saw some MTA busses running at 4pm today already). Plus, I'm sure traders make enough $ to afford a taxi to work.

Also, I'm sure servers that the exchanges use are not all located in NYC as that would completely defeat the purpose of having disaster recovery centers.

Ah, it looks some subways will be up tomorrow morning:
www.nbcnewyork.com...

Subway service will begin Monday morning, but passengers should expect delayed service and more crowded trains, the MTA said.

edit on 8/28/11 by dreamer01 because: subways up

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
4 million without power.
People in water up to their knees in NYC.
100,000+ Evacuated from their homes.
Streets and town circles completely under water.
Deaths.
Families and homes devastated.

I'd say this was a pretty severe storm and anyone who tries to brush it off as "eh, it wasn't that strong" don't know what the hell they're talking about.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
I bet this hurricane is being used to plan out more false flag operations..

Why would they need the hurricane to plan for a false flag operation?
I'm not sure I understand your response.

Are false flag operations typically planned on network TV?! Hurricane coverage was an excuse not to air their televised false flag meeting?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I'm not trying to say it wasn't a bad storm. I think it was. I have pictures I took this afternoon of flooded areas.

I'm saying that in the area I'm in (the NYC zone A areas where there was a mandatory evacuation but where no flooding/damaged occurred) next time people are asked to evacuate, they might not think it's necessary. That's one reason why I don't think this is just the government "testing the waters" just to see how people respond to an evacuation call.

if you were evacuated, and there was damage, then again, I don't think this would prove the "testing the waters" theory, as it was necessary.
edit on 8/28/11 by dreamer01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

This is one of the funniest posts, I have read in a long time, trying to decipher why the local governments, after being advised days in advance of a category 3 Hurricane spinning in the Atlantic headed their way...

This is just priceless. Its all a great conspiracy or a drawing board for the evil government to do some crazy stuff, to AHEM, their bosses the citizens...

The media was in hype mode so the idiots who would not listen listened... I can see quite a few of them did listen..

People were told to evacuate their homes if in flood zones, etc. etc. stay in their houses etc. etc. to, I know this is gonna be really hard to wrap your brains around, but here it goes.. To keep themselves safe, and ahem the people who would have to go out and save their idiotic buts..

I live in Florida, and sure most of the time when a Hurricane comes around it is all always hyped and most of the time it does not equate to the storm that is, the hype. Yet sometimes like oh say Hurricane Katrina, or Charlie, theyare the real deal.. Lets not forget people, those of you giving humans way to much credit, we do not fully UNDERSTAND Hurricanes...

I hope you read that last part...

Take a break from the TV...

I am just glad Irene, was not catastrophic, it had the potential to be...

*Carry on with you madness....*

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
wild creek reservoir
round valley reservoir
mountain lake
will be experiencing the tail end of irean,
as it leaves,,
wind will be
southward,
pushing towards
atlantic.

flooding already on going,
in those areas.

57 minutes ago - As of 8:16pm, there's Flooding on US 46 eastbound East of CR 618/Mountain Lakes Blvd in Mountain Lakes. Right lane closed. As of 8:16pm, there's a Downed ...

3 minutes ago - US 2: between Huntington Road and Bolton Valley Access Road road closed because of flooding — Comment: Jonesville area of rte 2 closed for flooding. ...

www.burlingtonfreepress.com/section/NEWS02/Local-NewsSimilar
43 minutes ago - Montpelier is bracing for "a major emergency" of overnight flooding. .

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join