It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else smell a snow job with this hurricane coverage.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

You are correct. I live in Texas on the coast and have been through numerous hurricanes over the years. This has been all hype. Political attention, photo opps and food for the news tv people. Ike wiped out small towns around Galveston with only 1 in 100 houses left standing and didn't get this much play.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I live in a flood prone area of new castle county, Delaware.

Fear-mongering: proven and time tested successful business model. What babe ruth was to baseball, the government is to fear-mongering. It’s a very powerful and can get people to alter their daily lifestyles, buy things they think they need.

The people here in Delaware were buying out every generator in a 20 mile radius, bottled water, bread, milk quickly vanished from store shelves. The news around here spoke constantly about how horrible this storm was going to be for us, the devastation and the possibility of severe loss of life and the chance for some to be without power for weeks. There is a tremendous amount of buying power. And the more people you can freak out, the more justifiable their motivation.

Emergency Management Coordinator Frank McCall of Cape May County, New Jersey, told citizens,

Take a 3x5 card and with an indelible marker, write down your name, address, Social Security number, and next of kin. Put on tie shoes and fold up the card and put it in the bottom of your left shoe so we can identify you when the hurricane is over

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
for those that tink the msm was doing its job, then why were they not makeing the people aware that cold fronts were moving in the direction of the storm and were going to weaken it? because if you looked at the radar you could have figured that out.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This was a test.

For the government and US citizens.

How did you do?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint
That is right,..now will be created many jobs to fix damage after Irene,..i will be not suprise if more hurricans will go up North.Let me tell you something..I live in Boynton Beach ,FL .Two days before Irene passed us I spoted on one empty coastal lot military trucks with several tents big satelite dishes and radar facing ocean.Never like this happen before ,ever.I called my friend who called Ocean Ridge City Council what this all about,.he said
the military watching Irene with radar to give us warrning if hurrican will change direction,..really????
We have National Hurrican Center in Miami,..every county has own doppler radar,,we don't need US Army radars to watch the weather.Strange ,,...very strange

"Practice Run" using Irene as a cover. Classic Military.
Hummmmm, I was wonder why the over reaction too and so close to the recent earthquakes in a region that usually doesn't get these. Something is up. Maybe they wanted to see how many would leave..maybe they were setting up something to as to have less witness's around. Either way seeing the military there is strange.
The storms result is normal, flooding some wind damage, etc. So what is up? Interesting coverage, nothing else can be covered. No Libya news, etc , nothing from Middle east........hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm look where the right hand is when the left is moving....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
I thought the same thing. The media is fear-mongering big time.
Look at this caption on the front page of CNN's website:

Weaker, but still dangerous, Irene came ashore with top sustained winds of 85 mph and began its trek up the Atlantic Seaboard. Forecasters expect Irene to bring deadly storm surge, heavy rain and misery to millions.

CNN fear-mongering

Misery to millions? BS! I was so disgusted when I read that. It's so obvious
they are trying to raise the fear frequency. They are up to something.

That really is a pile of crap. Shameless and disgusting.

"Deadly storm surge." "Misery". Right.

My father was watching CNN yesterday and I told him not to take it too serious because they're bound to play it up real heavy-like. When he was watching, CNN claimed "Irene already takes two lives", where one man was killed by a falling branch (supposedly), and another was killed in a traffic accident, and supposedly it was Irene's fault because emergency services took too long to get there.

It's just, all BS, it really is. Fear mongering, almost spell-like. Again, I caught a glimpse of the news yesterday morning, and on it, a woman was talking about the economy and how Irene could "destroy" it or some other nonsense. I was standing close to the TV at the time, and noticed her necklace. It was clearly an occult symbol. Something like fire burning inside an upside-down pyramid is what I was able to recognize before it changed. She didn't seem to know anything at all about the economy. She was not articulate, and I don't know who she was, frankly she sounded like a moron. Yet here she was telling people to be "scared" and "worried". It was more like she was telegraphing her negative wish.

It's all a game really.

I thought this was a little neat.
(What's the name of that song again?)

Also, very strange.

Are there some people in this world that really believe they have the power to do this? Are they just having a laugh? Either way, it's peculiar no? I smell the occult before the storm. People are being manipulated.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
This was a test.

For the government and US citizens.

How did you do?

who is grading?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

If you have to ask then you don't know.........
...come on. really. You can't see the media manipulation in all this,
Really.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Has anyone been keeping an eye on what congress is doing during this hurricane?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That's exactly what I told my wife. I said "the government is up to something that they don't want us focusing our attention on, because they are making such a big deal about a hurricane that isn't even that powerful...making it look like the last storm of humanity and the constant coverage.....they are defineately hiding something".

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

if the media is grading us then we all passed

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Up to Irene I have never heard of FEMA other then from conspiracy sites like this one. Now it's all over the news. I watch cnn and nbc here in the Netherlands. I think this storm is used for practice when the real shtf situation.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm going out on a limb here, but i'd say they will nuke New York City tonight, and used the storm as a cover to plant the bomb. If this happens then I'm heading for the hills..

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the Planet X, Nibiru, ELEnin timeline. Seems this will cover well into it's arrival:

source: www.youtube.com.../u

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well, here goes my brain running off on a paranoid tangent again, I suppose...

...but what if Irene WAS caused by the government, or at least influenced to head up the east coast? Maybe this was a warning to prepare for "the real deal," which they know is coming in the next couple of months? What if the media has been intentionally crying wolf so that those of us who don't usually prepare for disasters would get our butts in gear?

My family didn't lose power, at least not yet, and our basement didn't flood like we expected. But we effectively just went through a 48-hour emergency drill, and acquired all the things we need in the event of a real emergency. They made a huge deal about NYC getting hit, but from the news, it doesn't look like it was half as bad there as expected. If something actually did go wrong, there was a huge Police and Fire convention in NYC this weekend, so there was less of a risk of orchestrating a game of chicken between NYC and a hurricane.

I realize that that's a lot of what-ifs, and that I'm connecting dots that probably aren't connected, but that's how my brain works, and I like speculating. Alternatively, the coverage of Irene could be to distract people from more pressing matters, for example, the NEW Gulf oil leak.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I believe the biggest worry is if the sea floods to the subway systems and causes electricity turndown, there might be lots of thievery to stores when the alarm systems don't work (and if there's floods I doubt police is available). I don't know if NY if full of such people tho like London.

Of course they use this in the news because it sells. Nobody cares about a storm in a place never heard of before. Plus there are LOTS of movies where some natural disaster or whatever happens in New York... movies like The Day After Tomorrow, Godzilla, Cloverfield...
edit on 28-8-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

If you're really wearing your tin foil hat, maybe its to distract from financial doom.....or maybe a different kind of environmental doom.

Or maybe to avoid focus on this doom:

LARGEST radiation release to date!!! And Fukushima radiation 168 times of Hiroshima atomic bomb!
edit on 28-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here's one.....why are NATO still bombing Tripoli if the so called 'opposition' (read rebels) have taken it over and declaring it THEIR new capital?
Just saying cos somebody mentioned the left hand, right hand 'thing'.
Also 60+ of US congress out in Israel...are they back yet?
Sure we can think of some more right hand/left hand stuff.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
your typical new england "noreaster" carries more punch than this hurricane,
yup, this storm didn't live up to the hype... (from Boston)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
one thing that caught my attention was that for the FIRST TIME IN HISTORY they closed down the New York Subways. Excuse given: Flooding Danger. I would not be surprised if the next false flag attack happens in the New York Subways. What a perfect time to go down there and plant something, prep something for later use. Of course take this with a grain of salt. It is pure speculation but would not surprise me one bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join