It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else smell a snow job with this hurricane coverage.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Every major media on TV is sole coverage of Irene. I know people in Mass., Maryland, etc etc. that have sat out category 1's many times. I was on the east coast when Hugo came through following the same track. A more powerful storm. There wasn't no freaking out over it. You got 6-8 inches of rain and a lot of wind. This tidal factor I heard thrown into the story amazes me. 1st time I've heard it used. My 1st thought on this when I heard it was a top level politician recently quoted as saying never waste a perfectly good crisis.

I do not think you are taking into account the location. This is the entire Eastern seaboard getting hit with this storm. Areas like Long Island and NYC are just not ready for even level 1 storms like many other places are.

I see where you are coming from but I regularly wade through feet of snow every winter to get to my car so I can dig it out. I live in NY. The last time it snowed in Texas, I heard about it all over my news. Why? Because snow is such a big deal or because of what it actually impacted?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I lived in Fla and S Carolina and I've seen some humdingers
. I'll just stay here in the Appallachians from here on in. Had some nasty winter storms (a few with 70mph winds) and some bad thunderstorms, but I'm nestled in between mountain ranges so no twisters or hurricanes anymore. I've been through about every natural disaster except a tsunami, but I think I've had enough

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarfbot
imo its pure obama campaign trail sensationalism.

well see how it pans out in a couple hours.

Yeah that is it. Obama is making the hurricane up to get re-elected. Is there anything that man cannot do?
He has gotten my vote now. He has managed to apparently be Kenyan and still become president, destroy the entire US, and make hurricanes happen at will. This guy is unstoppable. How can he lose? Is Romney going to make a worse storm with his thoughts?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If this is a snow job we will see the fallout 9/4/2011 or 9/5/2011. JMO and no, it has nothing to do with Obama.

2nd line
edit on 27-8-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If there is anything link to false flag ops is that "they" are monitoring social networks to see how the storm progresses over the Internet.They may be crowd surfing Internet users, I remember when the EQ hit and they said word of tremors passed faster than tremors themselfs.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
We are finding it totally strange. It seems they are more panicked over this one the Katrina a 5.
They said the airport in NYC could be under 25 feet of water???
They had what was it 10 states declare state of emergency and nothing even happening as of yet...all for what looks like about as bad as one of our regular winter storms here on the Ca coast where we have trees down on our road a few times each winter.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

reporting hurricans changed after katrina

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have been wondering why this storm is so special.

Many storms have gone this path and didnt get nearly as much attention and compared to others, this is nothing.

Even here in Florida they were freaking out earlier in the week. Shelves and places like Home Depot were packed and it was hundreds of miles OFF the coast and it stayed off our coast. We got a little rain and wind, that was it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

roanoak

Devils Head

now trapped

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In my honest opinion the hype is all about the economy.

By ordering evacuations you cause people to spend money. Money on gas to get out. Money on supplies. Money on food. Money on Lumber for those who boarded up windows on the coast. I am of the opinion that all this fear mongering by the Media and local governments is in part about covering their own backsides. In a post Katrina world you do not want to be accused of not taking action. However, as the storm keeps weakening, they are keeping up the level of fear. They are still ordering evacuations. So in this part it can only be about money and people spending to get out or hunker down will stimulate local economies.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Seriously I know what you mean. America has endured plenty of hurricanes over thousands of years and it was never a problem, even for modern day masses. The media and politicians keep saying that oh it's because of Katrina we don't want Katrina again blah blah; but if my memory is correct the only reason Katrina was such a disaster is because the cement wall holding back the water cracked and broke causing the wall of water to rush in and desecrate Louisianan right? The entirety of the east cost does not have this risk and therefore this hurricane can't be any different from any normal hurricane. The fact that the media has quoted people saying Irene is going to flood the land for years and cause billions of dollars in destruction I believe is paranoia with no evidence. The fact that they're actually evacuating people because of this is ridiculous. One state's mayor even activated the National Guard before Irene even hit them "just in case"!

They're up to something.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Where are these screen caps coming from?!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I do not know where the screen shots are coming from, but if I had to guess I would say it is the North Carolina area. Which would make sense because Irene was a legitimate Cat 2 Hurricane when it made landfall.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by evil12day

storm surge from katrina was to have reached 6 to 12 miles inland so it was a little more than just the leeve breaking. sure the leeves breaking is what did it for new orleans but there was more to the storm than just that.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

true but even with that being said, if it weren't for the levee it would have been just another crappy hurricane no? It wouldn't have been a big deal right?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I googled the worst hurricane to hit NYC. It was a cat 2 in 1938, with lots of damage, and loss of life. Since then they have built lots of underground tunnels etc. The flooding potential with this storm could be devastating. NYC is no Florida, they were not built for hurricane's. This still could be very bad.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm from Myrtle Beach SC and there was hardly any damage, just a few tree limbs down. Heavy winds and a bunch of rain.
I wasn't scared at all, I hardly watched the coverage. My mom watched it, freaked out and got gas, withdrew money from the bank. Ah, it's not even raining anymore. I think this is extremely odd that they're doing this....

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by evil12day

okay remove the leeves and you would still see new orleans get flooded its a bowl and bowls hold water.

most storms dont push the ocean that many miles inland some do most dont
edit on 27-8-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join