It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else smell a snow job with this hurricane coverage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Every major media on TV is sole coverage of Irene. I know people in Mass., Maryland, etc etc. that have sat out category 1's many times. I was on the east coast when Hugo came through following the same track. A more powerful storm. There wasn't no freaking out over it. You got 6-8 inches of rain and a lot of wind. This tidal factor I heard thrown into the story amazes me. 1st time I've heard it used. My 1st thought on this when I heard it was a top level politician recently quoted as saying never waste a perfectly good crisis.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I bet this hurricane is being used to plan out more false flag operations..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
after watching the storm die within 8 miles of its supposed landfall on live webcam thanks to the amazing fellow from crazymother tv, I can say I don't think its either there yet or strong enough. im not in the US however so I can't make a justified case on that, thats your call. again good luck america, there is deffinatly at least 70 mph winds out there, I watched the guy measuring it for about 6 hours through the night

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That's kind of how I have felt over this entire issue. Maybe I am not as informed as I should be, but I have never heard of any natural disaster causing the entire Eastern seaboard to shut down!

NYC closing its public transportation and a friend of mine said that the streets were dead last night. This whole thing seems odd.

Maybe this is a way to funnel more money away from the people, or a way to tip the economy past the point of no return?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There does seem to be an
over reaction to this hurricane.
Unless the weather people
know something their not
telling us. That is one huge
evacuation.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I thought the same thing. The media is fear-mongering big time.
Look at this caption on the front page of CNN's website:

Weaker, but still dangerous, Irene came ashore with top sustained winds of 85 mph and began its trek up the Atlantic Seaboard. Forecasters expect Irene to bring deadly storm surge, heavy rain and misery to millions.

CNN fear-mongering

Misery to millions? BS! I was so disgusted when I read that. It's so obvious
they are trying to raise the fear frequency. They are up to something.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a member from another thread mentioned briefly that windspeeds through highrise buildings can double, there is also the worry of the flooding, and the surge, and as much as the wind died oddly for ages there WAS AND IS surge activity, so watch the sea guys

ed: please search for this live stream, I do not wish to distract from the main thread but its picking up and you may make an informed desicion for yourselves, "definatly seeing some hurricane force winds now"

edit on 27/8/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
And let's not forget this little gem:

Nuclear Power Plants Are Getting Ready To Shut Down If Irene Gets Too Bad

Twelve nuclear power plants along the Eastern Seaboard are getting ready to shut down operations in the event that Hurricane Irene makes conditions too dangerous.

The stations, located in nine different states, operate a combined 20 nuclear reactors,

The federal government requires plants to shut down operations 12 hours before hurricane conditions — sustained winds above 75mph — are due to hit, but flooding and debris can present operating problems even when high winds are not a factor.

Not looking to spook anyone, but it's best to be aware of what could happen. I'd hate to see the response when millions upon millions of people return home to no power.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

Wind does pick up force passing though developed areas because it's being channeled around structures through city streets similar to how water is. This is a major fear mongering by media when there is no apparent reason for it. It's a category 1. Most coastal structures are minimal standardized to stand up to 120 mph winds.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It Looks like a good way to boost the economy look at all the panic buying i seen people buying generators and all kinds of other things that they would not normally buy.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Slow.

News.

Week.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the post from about a month ago? When the head of NASA did a video telling its employees to stay away from cost lines in the coming months, and to be prepared for emergency? I hate looking for things to connect, but that is way to perfect of timing if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BinaryG

Yep. And just wait until Sep when the economic indicator show a marked increase in consumer spending and the CPI sweetens up. The recession will be over and the economy is quickly improving
Meanwhile, those folks will have more emergency supplies than they need, plywood, tape, sandbags (etc) not to mention the vast amounts of gas required to spend hours in gridlock to flee the ground zero catastrophe.
People should not be waiting for some fed retard to tell them to leave. It's a common sense issue. No more, no less. Look, learn, listen, and allow us to make our own non-biased decisions.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm in the UK where I'm watching CNN, and I have the sense that the events are, as other posters have pointed out, less dramatic/exciting, and the risks maybe lower, than the preparations might suggest.

BUT, and excuse me if I don't really understand, if I was working in disaster management I'd still be haunted by New Orleans, and I'd be thinking that being a bit too cautious is better than screwing-up the lives and livelihoods of countless people. Personally, I'd sooner be evacuated for a while than drowned.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
That's kind of how I have felt over this entire issue. Maybe I am not as informed as I should be, but I have never heard of any natural disaster causing the entire Eastern seaboard to shut down!

NYC closing its public transportation and a friend of mine said that the streets were dead last night. This whole thing seems odd.

Maybe this is a way to funnel more money away from the people, or a way to tip the economy past the point of no return?

I don't like to think that TPTB...may use this as an opportunity "to tip the economy past the point of no return".....but unfortunately they may.

I am curious ...why did you choose your avatar?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

When I found this avatar I realized that it signified everything that I could hope.

The propaganda and fear the Nazi's created and how it equates to our lives today....but presented in a way that makes you laugh. Humor is important and who wouldn't laugh when they see Hitler head bangin' while he shreds on a banjo!

Go Himler! (in the background)
edit on 27-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That is right,..now will be created many jobs to fix damage after Irene,..i will be not suprise if more hurricans will go up North.Let me tell you something..I live in Boynton Beach ,FL .Two days before Irene passed us I spoted on one empty coastal lot military trucks with several tents big satelite dishes and radar facing ocean.Never like this happen before ,ever.I called my friend who called Ocean Ridge City Council what this all about,.he said
the military watching Irene with radar to give us warrning if hurrican will change direction,..really????
We have National Hurrican Center in Miami,..every county has own doppler radar,,we don't need US Army radars to watch the weather.Strange ,,...very strange

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes indeed it has become a circus for sure, great topic and here is a real eye popper of an article.
Link
www.forbes.com...

This is a must read for everyone here, I didn't know weather to laugh or get all raged up reading it.
Regards, Iwinder
S&F

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
From Fox news

Cell phone coverage may be disrupted/
Atlantic City closing for the first time ever
Over 2000 flights canceled over several different carriers
All public transportation closed in NYC for the first time ever
States of Emergency declared in a number of states before the hurricane even made landfall.
Mandatory evacuations
Warnings that electricity will be disrupted
Obama cutting vacation short

They also mentioned (though only once or twice) that 101,000 National Guard troops were ready to go. That seems like an awfully big number to me.

Plus there is the evacuation of 40 US Warships.

Maybe they are just preparing to keep people safe but something smells fishy to me.
edit on 27-8-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Warnings that electricity will be disrupted

don't stand beneath exploding transformers
(im not joking by the way.)
edit on 27/8/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join