It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really need political parties?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

No we do not need political parties, taking into consideration that America is run by private interest and corporation we should force these corporations to show their best deals to the public and vote directly for the one that will screw us less

See corporations and private interest invest millions of dollars to buy whores in congress, how about using that money to offer the best deals to the public directly.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ahh how refreshing . It's a great idea, however good luck derailing the gravy train for the politicians.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The only good party I say, is one with an open bar...lol
But truly I agree political parties along with agendas suck big hairy ballsacks (pardon my french). Lol. But they really do!
edit on 28-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: changed wording

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Do we really need two parties in our political system?

No, we do not. Good call here. Another thing we could really do without is Lawyers holding Public Office, in violation of the The Original Thirteenth Article of Amendment:
"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them." [Journal of the Senate]

Lawyers holding office means not only violation of existing laws, it also mean manipulation of laws, and of Constitution. Don't believe me? Read the Patriot Act, and Executive Orders issued by the Bush administration.
American politics is the biggest farce since the world was thought to be flat. I never vote along party line, I vote for people instead, and everyone should do the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

In terms of limitation then, the political primary system at least should be abolished. It would open the way for the mass of candidates that Madison envisioned.

Good to see there are fellow Poli Sci majors on ATS.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think that America would be so much better off without political parties. Just have individual people showing their individual thoughts and individual idea's, instead of people representing a whole group of people.

Then again, I don't know much about politics, so feel free to strike me down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join