It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Oh great! We have a vegetarian amongst us. Yes I watched the video and I only wish I were there so that I could put seasoning on them, I wonder what they do with all of those male chickens that they grind up? I could take some of that in a doggy bag, hope they don't throw all that good food away.....hmmm, I'm going to KFC right now, thanks for the idea. They die for a worthy cause. ME!

edit on 27-8-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The industry has to keep up with feeding the population.However seems like they could do a far better job at protecting those chicks than that nonsense.I agree it is abuse to animals.But also need to feed alot of human beings.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyStupidity
we function the way we do because of meat. Cut it out and we become fragile.

Wow, it had the opposite effect on me. I just figured that's why cows are so beefy. They go straight to the protein source, vegetation. So, everyone else that stops eating meat becomes fragile? I wasn't aware of this. Where is the link to the study?
edit on 27-8-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There good be a better method than this I would think.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

A Freudian slip no doubt,....."They're good". BTW, on a more serious note......does anyone have any good chicken recipes? Something with butter would be great.

link   
Ohh dont worry, we're going to get the same treatment when they come and harvest us. male human are going to be drop to their death from spacecrafts.

link   

I must point out that you are what you eat and to my observation this is absolutely true, Bon Appetit !

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Okay, two things......

1) You are not funny.
2) You suck.

link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

A freudian slip no doubt,....."They're good".
lol type error
There could be a better way than this.
I like chicken also..

link   

I think I just threw up.
Tell me when it's over and I'll get back to you on that.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
When the chickens grow up and become a nice chicken..They are GOOD to eat..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of wasted baby chickens to me that could feed more human beings more chicken.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Thank you for your confession. I have a few similar stories. I'm a deadeye, so I used to show off. Peers and parents can make you the victim and the crime.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure those male chicks r called chicken paste. Not trying to be funny but thats what i was told the babys get crushed and made in to paste. Not nice I don't like to think of it really but it's money money money

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleak
reply to post by Phenomium

Okay, two things......

1) You are not funny.
2) You suck.

Ok two more things....and then one more.

1) Wasn't trying to be funny, I like chicken and will eat more of it for having watched this video.
2) for your rudeness to me, go to bed tonight knowing that, just to spite you I will eat a whole chicken myself tomorrow in YOUR honor and will ask if I can kill it myself.
Yeah, if the chicken tomorrow could only speak to you, it would thank you for having it killed and eaten.

3) I suck alright, I will suck the meat right off of that chicken leg tomorrow.
now I'm joking...that was pretty funny...admit it. , because of your ignorance and your disregard for checking your aforementioned statement at the "pit stop" of your amygdala .....a chicken will die tomorrow and be eaten. In your name. Amen.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by _Phoenix_

And what I am trying to point out is.......do you know where the meat you eat comes from?
Do you know how it was killed?

I would hazard a guess that the majority of naysayers posting on this thread, and condemning this video.......have absolutely no idea how the meat that they eat is farmed!

So essentially it has nothing to do with "superiority complexes" and more to do with hypocrisy.

I am simply observing. If I was to really think about it I would say that yes it's true, there are both hypocrites AND people with superiority complex in this thread. I am probably a hypocrite if you look at it that way.

I am not judging anyone by the way, it's actually interesting how everyone has different perspectives.
Your right I don't know where ALL my meat comes from (I know some)

But in the end the most important aspect of this story still stands, it's not about who's a hypocrite or not, it's about how we can solve this problem of disrespect and suffering to animals while still feeding the world and thus making both sides of the meat eating people happy.

There are always ways to kill animals with less suffering. Obviously many humans have forgotten this and we need to find a solution to end suffering AND be able to provide to all meat eaters.

Look at this guys post for example.

Originally posted by happykat39
I am a manufacturing engineer. I ran my own industrial engineering and repair business in the Chicago Illinois metro market for 25 years and have over 50 years in the industrial trades. Those are my credentials for what I am about to post below.

After watching the chic video I can say with certainty that it would not be hard to redesign the process to humane standards without sacrificing efficiency. The trouble is that there are too many people who don't care and not enough that do in positions of power over these things. And even those that do care can become hardened of heart by too much exposure to this kind of inhumanity.

With the way the world is going today (just read the daily headlines) I don't see things getting any better, only worse.

A good farmer takes care of his animals and shows compassion and respect while they are alive even if he's going to kill and eat them.

It's human nature, some kill without compassion, some kill with respect and compassion, humans have always throughout history shown respect to animals, like Native Americans and certain tribes.

Only a minority of people can make big changes in the world, most people can not, will not, or don't know how to make changes....so even if they hate how the meat is killed they will simply still eat the meat. "One person not eating the meat will not make a difference to how they are being killed" it's this state of mind that keeps the majority of people eating meat even thou they don't know how it was killed. Only people in power can truly make changes, yes the people can persuade them to make changes, but it's rare that the people in power listen.

Unfortunately most people in power are not there to make changes, there's a certain type of person that often gets into politics etc and those are the type that LOVE power and being in control, often they are not really there to make changes the world needs.

Basically in the end there are two sides to this, people who have compassion for animals and people who do not, I tend to lean more towards compassion. It's a more positive aspect of humanity that I like.
Here's a great video showing an example of a man with compassion for the animal he kills to feed his family, if the animal feeds his family then he should be thankful for the animal out of respect.

edit on 27-8-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Seems liike they could let those males grow up to become nice healthy chicken and feed more human beings more chicken which would result into more healthy human beings and more money and less hungry human beings.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Seems like a lot of wasted baby chickens to me that could feed more human beings more chicken.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My first job when I was 18 was in a chicken factory a really big 1 in gloucester Newent. And it was halal and the birds got electricuted before being slit. But the way some of those scum n*b head KIDS handled the birds was unreal.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's not wrong to eat meat. Just don't support the mass production companies that kill all those souls and waste the meat and treat them inhumanely through tortured production process. If at all possible, support your local farms and buy the meat from them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join