It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You all keep saying ''people'' its not me, its not you, its not the workers even doing this, its the company that directs these people to carry out such acts and its the companies that do it this way as a bigger and faster way to make money.

Now we have to eat meat, its a ancestry fact! Whether you like to believe that or not, if you dig deep enough you find that we function the way we do because of meat. Cut it out and we become fragile.

Now its not the people ( mass majority ) that is the reason this happens and those of you who are vegetarians ( or what ever colour of the rainbow eating cloud you are ) there is still thousands, millions and billions of people still eating meat. You dont change a thing, not a inch changes.

Now if we didn't run these chicks through the process like this or any other animal for that matter, then that animal would become extinct! It only survives and multiplies because we eat it. We design it so they continue to multiply. Now if the demand stopped, there would be no need to continue doing this and thus, they would die out.

Now isnt that cruel?!
edit on 27-8-2011 by DenyStupidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
What I find horrorfying is these people who personalise animals and create this propaganda and treat the animals above humans.

It's interesting how every human sees something different.

I see the opposite, the people disgusted by such videos are not people treating animals as above humans, to me it seems like the people who don't give a crap about animals suffering, are people with superiority complex.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
they wouldn't do it if you didn't buy and eat the eggs and chickens. Simple enough stop doing that and the market will hear you.
The same people that complain about big oil do it
Oil isn't easy to quit, as there's not major investment in alternatives. It's easy to stop eating meat. I stopped eating meat about 20 years ago in my early 20's. I then started putting on the muscle weight. I don't know if that's a coincidence. I've also been getting taller and my shoe size has increased. I thought I was supposed to stop growing in my 20's. I have no idea if that's coincidence. People guess my age as 10 years younger than I am. I don't know if that's connected either. Coincidentally, I'm much calmer than when I ate meat. I feel vegetarianism has had no negative impact on me.

I understand that people think humans are above the other animals. In many ways we are. Our frontal lobe lets us ponder death, and thus fear death even when not confronted with a threat. How each individual responds to this conundrum speaks a lot about us as a species. How each individual reacts to the knowledge there is no reason to take a life to survive is also telling.
edit on 27-8-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

A vegan would call you the same thing for having that avatar. Or did the guy tickle the buffalo to death? Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I see the opposite, the people disgusted by such videos are not people treating animals as above humans, to me it seems like the people who don't give a crap about animals suffering, are people with superiority complex.

Do you not have a superiority complex regarding chickens?.........really?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

I've never understood this type 'reasoning' people come up with to make themselves feel better and less guilty about the slaughter of animals. It's like when people say it's ok to remove animal's fur because they are were raised for this purpose. I think this is a very ignorant and silly thing to say. Does it mean the animals should be thankful they were born in the first place so that makes it acceptable for them to suffer? Huh? It's like a mother saying to her child I wasn't going to have you in the first place so now you are at my mercy and I am entitled to do anything I want to you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Nothing wrong with eating a chicken as long as it's lived outdoors in a non-stressful, respectable environment and not been brought into this world as a commodity.

I've been healthy strict lacto-vegetarian for over 20 years and never felt the need preach to meat eaters, even when taunted by the occasional wind-up merchant about my "tasteless food"
I sometimes tell these people I'd quite happily kill and eat them (and not in a nice way) if they were the last source of nourishment on the earth. I like to remind them that human meat taste like pork too! That's always a conversation ender!
If they can account for the life of the creature they are eating then they are entitled to eat it and should respect the soul that has given them pleasure to their taste buds.

Most people would be natural vegetarians if they had to go out hunting for food but if I was starving, the first meat I'd eat is wild grey squirrel. Those little imported tree rats are healthy, plump, abundant and have driven our native red squirrels to near extinction.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

From what I understand superiority complex is when somebody "exaggerates" their superiority. In this case they have no compassion "at all" for the animals around them, because they feel extremely superior in comparison.

That's the difference I am pointing out.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

unsympathetic waste of a human being.
You call me that because I dont want to make a pretty little pet out of something I am going to eat? To me they are food, nothing more, I don't cry or get upset when I see people sorting vegetables, they are just as alive as a chicken. Ok, you win, next time I eat a salad I will pray to the Gods and apologize to the lettuce for having to eat it. NOT

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I'm a vegan, so no animal products. I don't wear leather or have it anywhere in my house/car etc. (never liked it in the first place). I hope this is the future of humankind (at least I like to believe we are heading in that direction of a more conscious lifestyle, I wish we were there now but I sometimes feel we are worse than before). Not directed in a anyway towards you but I'm still surprised to see how many people take others mentioning being a vegan or vegetarian very personal and start reasoning and defending their decisions. I strongly believe that any little bit of kindness helps for the planet, animals, humans, yourself. Even one meal of conscious eating helps.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

And what I am trying to point out is.......do you know where the meat you eat comes from?
Do you know how it was killed?

I would hazard a guess that the majority of naysayers posting on this thread, and condemning this video.......have absolutely no idea how the meat that they eat is farmed!

So essentially it has nothing to do with "superiority complexes" and more to do with hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

From what I understand superiority complex is when somebody "exaggerates" their superiority. In this case they have no compassion "at all" for the animals around them, because they feel extremely superior in comparison.

That's the difference I am pointing out.

I don't think I am better than anyone or anything. That doesn't change the fact that they are food for me. Are you calling me a chicken racist?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I bet MORE THAN HALF of you people on here complaining about this will still go to McDonalds or eat some type of hamburger/sandwich/meat tomorrow.

It is sad but they could be treated MUCH worse. I've seen those fur/pig/cattle videos and those are truly disturbing.

I feel for the chicks but I'm still going to eat my delicious meat...
edit on 27-8-2011 by CoSMiC_ChAoS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAFTL
reply to post by Argyll

I'm a vegan, so no animal products. I don't wear leather or have it anywhere in my house/car etc. (never liked it in the first place). I hope this is the future of humankind (at least I like to believe we are heading in that direction of a more conscious lifestyle, I wish we were there now but I sometimes feel we are worse than before). Not directed in a anyway towards you but I'm still surprised to see how many people take others mentioning being a vegan or vegetarian very personal and start reasoning and defending their decisions. I strongly believe that any little bit of kindness helps for the planet, animals, humans, yourself. Even one meal of conscious eating helps.

Well I applaud your ethos!.........and I would say that you are the only person on this thread qualified to express disgust!

My point is that "meat eaters" crying shock and horror here, are hypocrites, and maybe they will remember that the next time they rip into a chicken tikka from the local takeaway!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMonk

Its not just for profit. Its for mcnuggets.
Seriously tho there is nothing to be done about this.
Supply and demand at work here.
Mcdonalds isent going to stop selling chicken because the methods of preparing and delivering are cruel.
People eat meat.
And in order to get the meat to the masses you need an assembly line.
Yeah it looks wrong but that chicken never tasted so right.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
We cannot change this big world by individual belief unless we convince many others, and they convince many others.
At least the OP is bringing the cruelty to chickens to a sizeable audience.
We in the end make our own choices.
I buy free range eggs and free range chickens , its not much Iam sad to say but its something.
Lets all remember animals feel fear and pain and misery just like us
One day we may be them.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So, I'm assuming this is not kosher(?!)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Do you wear leather?

I'm a vegetarian, and I love leather. That hide has to die sometime. I'll take it when it does.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
That really wasn’t that bad, Propaganda to go vegan.

But I want to share something……….. when I was in my teens , me and another buddy took 3 little chicks from a pin…which must have been 3-4 months old. They were babies but had form their colors in feathers..(I'm not sure how old)

Well we had a .22 rifle I shot the first two they ran around and finally fell dead, then the 3 rd one came up to me chirped..(as if it was sad and wondering wtf was going on) and I took aim and shot it mid chest it ran away from me and in a circle and came back to me and was looking up at me and “chirping” at me. As if it was looking for help, for me to save it…but I couldn’t. that moment I felt sad and remorseful …wishing I could take it back, or at least do something but I just couldnt, and to this day I never forgot about that and I still feel sad about what I did to those little chicks who just wanted to live.

I haven’t liked chicken for a long time..I have ah kinda distaste for it. I still do enjoy hot wings from bw3 from time to time, but after...19yrs I have never forgot …nor can erase that moment in my mind. It still surfaces from time to time.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I work in a small town grocery store. when the owner hires you he asks you to go home and watch Food Inc. and Food Matters, I added The World According To Monsanto to the watching list.

We buy our meat and chicken and eggs from humane breeders/growers. We have the bottled old fashioned milk and organic too. My boss is aware, but so was I when I got there. We are allowed to talk about food, as long as we know what we are talking about. One of my co-workers was drinking diet coke when I got there, she will no longer touch it. The sales of Mexican bottled coke has quadrupled since I went to work there, as I have been informing people about High Fructose Genetically Modified Corn Syrup. Well, if you think about it that's what it is, why not use the proper name?

Granted, it is pricey to buy and eat the good stuff, but what is the alternative? Kicking the GD lobbyists out of Washington DC, that's what. That city is supposed to be for us, not the United States of Corporate Interests, the last Presidential Candidate who took the office of President promised to do away with NAFTA and GATT, said we would get out of the War immediately and that he would use no lobbyists in his administration. All lies.

The administration before? Lies! The one before that? Lies! And on and on and on...

Becoming Vegan is not the answer, there are not enough of us! Staying aware and getting loud about it is the only answer. Upton Sinclair got quite a bit changed in the meat packing industry, with just one book. It can be done.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join