It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Thanks for spreading this info, I hope it will inspire some ATS members to respect life on our planet more and teach that knowledge to the their children

I hope the people causing that pain to those animals will get that pain back ten-fold
edit on 27-8-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I started watching it but i couldn't watch it all.
Damn disgusting.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Obviously nobody likes to watch baby chickens getting mashed up in a grinder. While you can say crap like "omg they should be punished," and "i'll never eat chicken again," nobody gives a damn how bad you feel. The corporations need to streamline the production of their chicken nuggets, so they can make more money off of you while you stuff your facehole in front of the tv.

If you want to stop this, start buying your chicken from small, local farmers. Better yet, buy some property, buy some chickens, and do it yourself. Then, go door to door asking people if they would like to buy their chicken from you instead of these cruel meat factories. Ask local restaurants to buy their chicken from you, etc...

Unless everyone starts supporting small farmers, this is not going to stop...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman
If you want to stop this, start buying your chicken from small, local farmers. Better yet, buy some property, buy some chickens, and do it yourself. Then, go door to door asking people if they would like to buy their chicken from you instead of these cruel meat factories. Ask local restaurants to buy their chicken from you, etc...
Unfortunately, things now are already made in a way that makes that extremely difficult or even impossible.

Do you expect people from New York or Los Angeles to look for a local farm? And what about doing it themselves? That's a lot of work for so little gain, how can people get the newest cell phone or watch their favourite TV show?

If we want to stop things like this we must find a quick and easy way, like the "I like" button we see on almost every site. Most people cannot be bothered doing more than one click for any cause, specially if they are not directly connected with it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wonder what humans would say if an alien race comes along, and decides that humans make good food, and start treating humans exactly the same way .......

Things like this makes me ashamed to be human.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Unfortunately, things now are already made in a way that makes that extremely difficult or even impossible.

Do you expect people from New York or Los Angeles to look for a local farm? And what about doing it themselves? That's a lot of work for so little gain, how can people get the newest cell phone or watch their favourite TV show?

If we want to stop things like this we must find a quick and easy way, like the "I like" button we see on almost every site. Most people cannot be bothered doing more than one click for any cause, specially if they are not directly connected with it.

Of course they won't. That's exactly the problem, too much work for too little gain. However, the solution is not creating quick and easy ways to do everything. The solution is to stop wanting everything so quickly and easily.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2011 by QpenMinded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
After seeing these chicks being butchered, would you still eat chicken? Or even eat eggs?

Sure, why not?
You know it's normal that animals get produced (for me it's not different than planting a tree to make paper or planting some crops) and killed to make some tasty food out of them. Don't see what's wrong with it.

What i see is once again some stupid vegetarian propaganda.
It's a shame that we are supposed to accept vegetarians and vegans and their lifestyle, but vegetarians and vegans can't and won't accept other ways of living and eating. Instead they puke out their propaganda and #ty videos, thinking they can change something. They only generate more hate towards them with such an attitude.

Wow, really? I don't see it as a vegetarian/vegan issue. I see it as humans being inhumane. There are plenty of options that don't involve the same levels of cruelty, but factory farming is not one of them.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by QpenMinded
I apologize but I just find this funny.. I'm apparently a sick person, but I laughed the whole time. Silly little birds.

you got that right.. You're One sick miserable evil one with no understanding of life.
sad

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ugh, get over it they're chickens; baby chickens. Human babies are dying from diseases everyday I think it'd be better to focus on a more important creature ( human beings ). Which is what factories like that are doing, they taste good so we mass produce it. Just like everything else in the world, it's supply and demand, the foundation of our economy. If you don't want to eat meat don't eat meat, but just like I tell the religious nuts, don't try to push your crappy life choice on me.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, I can honestly say that the eggs I eat are from spoiled, happy chickens. This because we eat the eggs from our eight chickens in our backyard. There are 6 egglayers and we normally get 6 eggs a day. They are huge, with tough shells, no watery insides.

My chicks have a very nice coup with a fancy hen-house. They are allowed to free-range often and are feed organic chicken feed.

Because of the expensive feed, we end up about breaking even, but it's worth it.

No...we haven't butchered any. They all have names, I talk to them, and couldn't stand the thought of eating one.

ETA: The video was heartbreaking. My daughter and I actually hatched one of our hens eggs (we have a rooster too) and it was amazing. I helped it from its shell and held it in my hands. It lived inside for months and still thinks it is one of the dogs. I simply can not understand why people can do that....
edit on 27-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

Her name is Belle

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It is all to horrible!
We are vegetarian but eat local eggs from a farm that lets the chickens live natural lives and does not kill them when they get old, they continue to live in pastures with the flocks. We can see where they come from and how they are treated and as the eggs are not taken from sitting hens they would never have hatched anyway so are waste or food for other animals.
I get so sick of commercials now that show chickens talking about how much they want to be eaten and when they are not chose because they are NOT the right brand they are sad is that sick or what!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Horrible.. absolutely horrible.

WHY are they killing those chicks?!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by QpenMinded
Which is what factories like that are doing, they taste good so we mass produce it. Just like everything else in the world, it's supply and demand, the foundation of our economy.
I want to eat meat and I like eat chicken meat, but that doesn't mean that I think that the producers can kill them in any way they want just because is faster/cheaper.

What I demand as a consumer is good quality meat, and that means meat that is treated in the best way possible, and those automated systems are not the best way of producing meat for human consumption.

Some hours ago I went looking for more information about this, and I found a document from the Portuguese agency (or equivalent) that is the responsible for food quality (besides other things related to consumer protection), and most of the humane ways of treating the animals before killing them are also ways of getting the best quality meat (for example, I didn't know that if a cow is nervous before being killed its meat will shrink more when cooked and it has a shorter "best before" date, if you know what I mean).

If that's the case, then, if some big company starts doing it the same way we do in Portugal and their meat tastes better than other producer's meat then the others must also change, or they risk being left behind.

The problem is that the "foundation of our economy" doesn't care about chickens or humans, it cares only about money.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Honestly, if I had been hired by them and then saw what they'd want me to do, I would quit on the spot. Even if I really needed the money I wouldn't care. I don't understand how people who work there or people who own the business can live with themselves by doing that. What, is it like they don't think chicks have feelings or that they just don't matter?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by evil12day

That's the problem, they (or us) just don't matter, as long as the company can stay in business.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Has man forgotten he is a omnivore, we eat anything, that is why we are the top of the food chain.I am sure killing an animal feels the same to all animals if it is quick. We are the ultimate killing predator, we don't even have to hunt.
Now can we please get over the fact that animals are food and we kill them.

Sorry just needed to vent, can we please not try to create issues when we have enough already.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was good up until "You should be vegan" then I stopped watching... it's horrible... but seriously... that video would be ... i dunno.. 100x better w/o the last 30 seconds or so -.-

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gabbermatt

Same here. Vegans need to be used for meat. Whiny holier than thou annoying party ruining liberal d bags. No problem with the vegans that stfu and don't expect special treatment, but the rest need to be ground up like those chicks.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by timmhaines

The problem isn't what we eat or the fact that we kill it. The problem is how it's done.

You mentioned hunting- I would easily shoot something like a deer for food, but I would never raise a deer, then tie it down and kick it to death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join