It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Don't be obtuse. No one goes hunting and skins live animals. The idiocy in this thread is right out disgusting.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I WOULD be mortified......
I would......

But well, watch a fox kill one. All the sudden they are getting off easy this way.

I like the comments like "we all need to leave this planet, just die" ARE YOU MENTALLY DISABLED?

Ever think the people who work there, became the monsters they are, first off because it's just chickens? And second, they DID care about killing chickens, so they had to turn off that part of them, and in so doing over react to keep the emotion suppressed?

I'm pretty sure if I lock you in a room with a baby chicken and starve you, you're gonna kill the chicken more cruel then we see in this video.

I'm not saying it's right... I'm just saying, keep it real and grounded.
(personally I think when someone shows cruelty to an animal without nessessity it's a crime, mainly cuz they are not far away from cruelty to humans)

The over reactions to me are sick. How many chickens = a human? to me.... not even all of them.

Lets also consider that the only reason there are so many chickens on this planet is because we find them, and thier unborn young, so tasty. The do-do bird would not be instinct if we found it great in duck sause. Make it illegal to eat chicken and they will be extict pretty soon.... they are pretty dumb and pretty much prickler weeds find them as food.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have an issue relating human emotions and feelings to chickens. Sure, a human would be horrified to be in a meat grinder but:

1. They know what is going to happen
2. They know what life and death is
3. They know what pain is.

Does anyone really think a chicken who gets its beak lasered with its hundreds of nerve endings feel pain like a human.

Do you really think they know they are in a meat grinder

Do you really think they have "oh sh1t" moments.

Do you really think they are stood there thinking, "ooh, gertting a bit crowded in here"

Nonsense, stop thinking that cruelty to chickens is in anyway related to cruelty to humans. Its a chicken with a brain the size of a pea which does not have any similarity in emotions to humans.

Whatever next, a law on fish tank size to occupancy ratio?

These tree huggers, PETA and other activists annoy me, why dont you help protect our children from cruelty and starvation before you worry about a bloody chicken or something having perfume put it ins eyes.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

In answer to your question, yes. I am still going to eat chicken. Its good

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
ok, just to clear up my position on this issue.
i do not think cruelty to animals is acceptable, but in regards to this vid there a few points to be made...

1. this is a youtube video made by an animal rights group with an agenda (not a reliable source)

2. if the voice over was saying something different, people would veiw the video in a different way.

3. even if this video is accurate for this particular hatchery does not mean it is accurate for all the hatcheries.

4. videos like this will never stop people eating meat even if the info was 100% true. it might make them find a more humane way of getting the meat, but it wont stop them eating it because we are omnivores, our ancesters were omnivores and nothing will change that.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
It is unhealthy to eat this way. Fish farms and chicken hatcheries or any close quarters animal raising environment load up animals with antibiotics because such environments are breeding grounds for disease. Read up about the unhealthiness of overuse of antibiotics. A lot of this is done to supply the fast food industry which I think we also can no longer deny is bad for us, the US is fat and other countries are now also getting fat. Fat is not healthy and is proven to cause early death or long term suffering. It may not be practical for every family now a days to have a healthy home cooked meal every night, but we do not have to accept this BS. Fast food can be pure food.

i eat fast food and i never buy free range stuff because its too expencive and im poor. i am healthy and not over weight as you might suggest, this is just more vegetarian propogranda. i bet no-ones mentioned that vegans are more likely to need vitamin supliments

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Food,....Nothing more.

I don't feel any worse for these animals being consumed than I do when I see a lion take its precious time with a gazelle on the African plains. Slowly tearing its throat out as it kicks hopelessly with every painful bite.

These animals are going to be killed and consumed, either a human does it or another animal, either way it's not pretty but it's nature.

Get over it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Why is it wrong for Nazis to treat other races this way, but seen as ok to do it to helpless animals?

I feel sick and incredibly hypocritical, since i'll probably end up eating egg/chicken again, despite having seen this and being repulsed. That makes this my fault

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

Food,....Nothing more.

I don't feel any worse for these animals being consumed than I do when I see a lion take its precious time with a gazelle on the African plains. Slowly tearing its throat out as it kicks hopelessly with every painful bite.

These animals are going to be killed and consumed, either a human does it or another animal, either way it's not pretty but it's nature.

Get over it.

Their obviously encouraged to over populate - lay far more eggs inter lifetime than they normally would, so the billions of humans can eat them.

In the wild the ecosystem would not sustain such numbers, so the hundreds of thousands of male chicks thrown into the grinders wouldn't have been born in the first place.

Also in the wild they wouldn't necessarily all systematically suffer in ways such as having their beaks lazered.

This is suffering that we'll not only engaged in, but creating the fodder for the torturing of. Is like the nazis running out of Jews to to destroy, so they create new Jews in order to destroy them - born and dying in concentration camps and the rest of the world turning a blind eye...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

It is gruesome, no doubt about it.

I would never purposely kill people for food nor knowingly take part in human genocide.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I saw the video and at first i was all like "OMG!" and then I was like "meh"
edit on 28-8-2011 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
That wasn't nearly as bad as most of these videos I've seen.
The grinder is awful, but at least quick. I didn't think that the people sorting the chickens were very rough at all when the narrator said it. I disagree with this kind of "farming" always, but still calling it like I see. If they aren't going to get rid of it they should find ways to keep chicks from getting stuck or falling off as some did.

As for me.. I have 7 chickens (6 hens) and they lay plenty enough eggs for two people to get by.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I currently work on a factory farm in the UK. On our farm both males and females are raised for meat.

The birds are treated under the freedoom food assured scheme. They get out side everyday from 4 weeks old, have a stimulating environment, have enough space per chicken to display normal chciken behaviour and are never de-beaked.

Although there life at 8 weeks to fully grown is no where near normal for a chicken they are looked after very well.

I think thing can be better as this is still not the norm in the UK where 80 million birds are raised for meat each year.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Are these isolated cases? Seems like just another incident where the vegans cry fowl and ostracize the entire industry at the motivation of turning everyone vegan..

I really did not find the meat grinder scene confortably watchable.. I do believe animals know life and death and pain just as humans. They may not have known where they were going but that doesn't change the fact that grinding up living animals is inhumane no matter how you look at it.. Aside from that we are carnivores. The human body is not designed to live without meat!
edit on 28-8-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Thats the way of life my friend, the dominant species will always eat the the weaker species and i have no problem with that.

edit on 28-8-2011 by destinedkid17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by McGinty

It is gruesome, no doubt about it.

I would never purposely kill people for food nor knowingly take part in human genocide.

Never meant to suggest you would. Just wanted to make the point that it's hard to compare this man-made systematic production and death to nature's ecosystem. Apologies if it sounded like i was accusing you of genocide

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by destinedkid17
Thats the way of life my friend, the dominant species will always eat the the weaker species and i have no problem with that.

edit on 28-8-2011 by destinedkid17 because: (no reason given)

You're right, but that doesn't make it right...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huggiesunrise
The only way it WILL change is if we put the source of our food in our own hands. honestly this system was put in place because its fast and produces high volumes. We maynot need this.. but the market demands it for low prices.

As our communities become more aware of these "factory farms" and wish to not support or be part of this process continuing, we can find other alternatives. It may be more expensive and, cities, other than rural areas, may have difficulty finding locally grown food.

A growing community of concerned farmers now have found a way to produce organic and healthy animals and plants.

Community Supported Agriculture, or CSA. There are many young farmers involved in this project. We need to support them as our choice for healthy and humanely grown foods.

This is one link, do your own search for your area or interest. CSA for NYC

In the USA at this time of year there are many local farmers markets. This is another area that needs our support. These are likely to be small family farms and we really need these farms to continue in our country.

Mahree

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You know to be honest...This is not going to be a popular post...But it is the truth...

There is a reason we have separated ourselves from this... All we prefer to see is the end product. This is just how it's always been done, either buy big companies, or small farmers who support only them selves.

Same thing happens at slaughter houses.... They get killed and it is ugly... That is why we pay other people to do it. So we don't have to.

Yeah, it is gross..But that is how people are... Gross...

But really...Before they had machines...we had to ring their necks with our bare hands and kill them that way.

yes it is gross....and it is shocking to see...That is how we want it to be. Shocking.... It is shocking because we dont have to see what has always gone on in the animal farming business....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
After seing every posts and videos in this thread, all i can do is eating with more conscience in the future
for i eat meat too and i would hate to be put on a diet really, eating is sooo good.

And for all of you members, residents of Ioha...well,stop eating chicken..or else

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join