It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah it's bad,
People are so stupid to eat meat if you look at the facts eating meat is not essential for life it is detrimental,

A QUICK HISTORY OF VEGETARIANISM It may surprise many people to hear that our early ancestors lived on a semivegetarian diet for several million years. Some anthropologists have fostered the stereotype of "man the hunter," but studies of contemporary "hunter-gatherers" suggest that early humans lived primarily on a diet of plant foods,

It is almost impossible to teach people because it has been falsely taught to them from birth that if they don't eat meat they can not survive or they will be week, but plenty of studies have been undertaken that prove this to be a falsity and vegetarian athletes outperform there opponents that wrongly believe they are carnivorous in endurance events frequently (some famous people for there strength and endurance that ate almost totally vegetarian where Spartans and roman gladiators)

Like most good ideas in the West, vegetarianism was developed by the ancient Greeks. Pythagoras and Porphyry were the best-known practicing vegetarians, but the list of those who advocated a vegetarian diet includes Diogenes, Plato, Epicurus, and Plutarch. The Greeks favored vegetarianism for a variety of reasons. Pythagoras and his followers believed that animals as well as humans have souls, and that after death, an animal may be reincarnated as a human and vice versa. According to this view, animals should not be killed and eaten because all souls have equal worth. Plato, in The Republic, described a vegetarian diet as being best suited for his ideal society. Plant foods were preferred, according to Plato, because they promote health and because they require less land to produce than do animal foods. Other Greek thinkers felt that eating animal flesh was naturally repugnant and should be rejected on aesthetic grounds.

The plant produces energy the animal eats it, people than eat the animal to get the energy from the plant, they are not getting all the energy of the plant because the animal has already utilized some of the stored energy from the plant therefore it is not as beneficial as the same mass of varied plant matter because it will give you a sustained burst of energy but with meat it gives you an stronger burst but it will quickly be depleted
and hence the meat eater will become weaker quicker and need to eat more to keep up with the veg eater

Health benefits and concerns Scientific endeavors in the area of vegetarianism have shifted from concerns about nutritional adequacy to investigating health benefits and disease prevention.[26] The American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada have stated that at all stages of life, a properly planned vegetarian diet is "healthful, nutritionally adequate, and provides health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases". Large-scale studies have shown that mortality from ischaemic heart disease was 30% lower among vegetarian men and 20% lower among vegetarian women than in non-vegetarians.[27][28][29] Necessary nutrients, proteins, and amino acids for the body's sustenance can be found in vegetables, grains, nuts, soymilk, eggs and dairy.[30] Vegetarian diets offer lower levels of saturated fat, cholesterol and animal protein, and higher levels of carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, folate, and antioxidants such as vitamins C and E and phytochemicals.[31][32] Vegetarians tend to have lower body mass index,[33] lower levels of cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and less incidence of heart disease, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, renal disease, osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome,[34] dementias such as Alzheimer’s disease and other disorders.[35] Non-lean red meat, in particular, has been found to be directly associated with increased risk of cancers of the esophagus, liver, colon, and the lungs.[36] Other studies have shown no significant differences between vegetarians and non-vegetarians in mortality from cerebrovascular disease, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, or prostate cancer.[28] A 2010 study compared a group of vegetarian and meat-eating Seventh Day Adventists in which vegetarians scored lower on depression tests and had better mood profiles.[37] The 2010 version of Dietary Guidelines for Americans, a report issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services every five years states: In prospective studies of adults, compared to non-vegetarian eating patterns, vegetarian-style eating patterns have been associated with improved health outcomes—lower levels of obesity, a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, and lower total mortality. Several clinical trials have documented that vegetarian eating patterns lower blood pressure. On average, vegetarians consume a lower proportion of calories from fat (particularly saturated fatty acids); fewer overall calories; and more fiber, potassium, and vitamin C than do non-vegetarians. Vegetarians generally have a lower body mass index. These characteristics and other lifestyle factors associated with a vegetarian diet may contribute to the positive health outcomes that have been identified among vegetarians.[38]

Not to mention that animal matter is in a constant state of retrograde from death, producing toxins and poisons
that cause disease and cancers

Also the Greek diet was mostly veg with many undertaking total veg diets and i don't need to tell any of you how intelligent the ancient Greeks where

Animal-to-human disease transmissions The consumption of meat can cause a transmission of a number of diseases from animals to humans.
link

Any Doctor that informs you that eating meat is essential or that you will be weaker without it is uneducated
Some people will not comprehend what i have presented and will try and dispute it as they are uneducated
I suggest researching what respected physicians say about this matter or what some of the fellows of the royal society have determined
Or you can continue to be manipulated by the meat industry and your false beliefs,
Its not my Life, Health or Soul that will be degraded

During the 15th century, Europe discovered classical philosophy, art, and science. But it took the Europeans a little longer to rediscover vegetarianism. Leonardo da Vinci, visionary that he was, stood ahead of his time in being a confirmed vegetarian. As he wrote in his notebook: I have from an early age adjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.
Link

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

You disappoint me. I mean, I'm assuming you're equipped with logic; why not use it?

Now just tell me, DID you watch the videos? If you did, perhaps then you could see just how damned stupid you're sounding right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Last year in Ohio, a guy video taped himself at work savagely beating, kicking and punching cows while laughing, and just having a great time doing it. Mercy For Animals have been going undercover working in places like this to help end this huge problem.
www.wcpo.com... ting
(can't get the above link to post right, so after clicking it, just add ting to the end of the address, sorry)

That is just one of the, I would say, hundreds of incident just in this one state.

This one below, truly disgusts me and makes me wish I wasn't raised to eat meats. I do wish I could give it up, but after almost 30 years of eating the stuff. It's just too hard, also considering how much I hate anything green..

the male piglets have their testicles cut out of their scrotums, their tails cut off, many of their teeth clipped in half, and their ears mutilated, all without any pain relief. They are placed into pens crowded with many other piglets, where they are kept until they are large enough for slaughter. The animals are given almost no room to move because, as one pork-industry journal put it, "[O]vercrowding pigs pays."

www.peta.org...

edit on 8/27/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If PETA is considered an extremist organization, and THIS is the alternative, I'll take PETA all day long.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Penn & Teller exposed PETA along while ago. You should watch this before thinking you are better than everyone else.

Enjoy : )

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
wrongly believe they are carnivorous

I know I am carnivorous because I love to eat little things that go "cheep, cheep" and "oink oink". We are made to be predators. Thats not an opinion. Just look at your own anatomy, you are a predatory creature like it of not.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

I'm sure that about half an hour of research would disprove most of that info. I think it's possible to live on a strictly vegan diet without any health problems, if you know what you're doing. When you start saying things like meat is unhealthy, I just don't care enough to argue with you...

When you use these videos to convince people to stop eating meat, then it's just pathetic. It's my right to eat all the chickens, cows, and pigs I want. Still, videos like these show people how corporate farms work, and why they should support small farms. If you go around trying to shove your vegan diets down everyones throat, you just piss people off. Since some of you claim to care about animals so much, support the farms that treat them with respect. By just refusing to eat meat, you're not giving the small farms any support, and you let these meat factories win the battle.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Did you notice that no animal on that list of meat eaters is as strong or beneficial to the human race as say a vegetarian animal Eg: horse, ox, elephant, camel

And humans don't have teeth evolved for meat eating we have teeth for the eating of fruit veg seeds and roots
people forget how closely we are related to primates (vegetarians)

Why cant humans eat raw meat ?
Why don't we have short carnivorous intestines ?

I would like to see you bite yourself through fur and skin and then chew raw meat. Bollocks! Not only our teeth are not designed for that, but we do not have enough strength in our jaws and necks! Grow up and open your eyes!

link

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery

Did you notice that no animal on that list of meat eaters is as strong or beneficial to the human race as say a vegetarian animal Eg: horse, ox, elephant, camel

And humans don't have teeth evolved for meat eating we have teeth for the eating of fruit veg seeds and roots
people forget how closely we are related to primates (vegetarians)

Why cant humans eat raw meat ?
Why don't we have short carnivorous intestines ?

I would like to see you bite yourself through fur and skin and then chew raw meat. Bollocks! Not only our teeth are not designed for that, but we do not have enough strength in our jaws and necks! Grow up and open your eyes!

link

Oh yes yahoo answers is a great source of information. NOT! lol.

Chimpanzee's practice cannibalism. Here is a video from Animal Planet showing it link they also eat other forms of meat. So don't hand me that primates are purely vegetarians. Do your research.
edit on 27-8-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
I know I am carnivorous because I love to eat little things that go "cheep, cheep" and "oink oink". We are made to be predators. Thats not an opinion. Just look at your own anatomy, you are a predatory creature like it of not.

Could you please provide evidence that being carnivorous necessitates cruelty and sadism?

For pete's sake, we slaughter tens of thousands of seals every year, not to eat them, but just cause they dare eat fish.

And for those who have issues with messengers, turn off the volume and watch it again.

Yes this is in our nature, but not because we are carnivorous, but because for all that makes humans extraordinary, we are often a small, weak, and soulless species. No worries though, what cognitive dissonance omits, karmic momentum will always resolve.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Disgusting, This is forcing me to re consider my choices...We'll see how it goes.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Because we aren't made to eat only meat. We can eat anything, thats why. Your trying to compare us to something that has a strictly meat or strictly vegan diet. We are designed for both.

edit on 27-8-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I've been waiting for this post. Yes things die. It doesn't mean you have to murder.

self-righteous - confident of one's own righteousness, especially when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.
dictionary.reference.com...
Just so you know.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I spent a great deal of my younger years in central California, and I am sad to say that cruelty to livestock goes on everyday. I have seen many news reports about how cattle are forced to suffer as well as horrors in the slaughter houses. Calves being raised for veal are nothing more than biological crops. It's a true horror story, but livestock is where a great deal of food and money come from. Money speaks very loudly and causes inspectors to come down with vision problems so they can't really see all that is going on. Contact an inspector with the FDA who works in the field and ask them what happens if their vision is too keen.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by Argyll
Do you wear leather?

I'm a vegetarian, and I love leather. That hide has to die sometime. I'll take it when it does.

Do you really think that they wait for that animal to die before they take it's hide?........really?

No, I don't. I would. What's your point? I hope you're not thinking I killed that animal due to my demand for a leather jacket? The living entity was killed for food. I'm pretty sure no one wants to wait for its prey to die. I would think that might be nasty. If they're going to kill the animal, then I'll take the useful parts, thank you. If I had any use for dead humans, I take their remains too. I wouldn't know what to do with stem cells and organs, but I wouldn't want them to go to waste.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yes some primates eat meat but they are predominately vegetarian. Also

Orangutans May Be Closest Human Relatives, Not Chimps
link

Diet Flanged adult male Fruit makes up 65–90 percent of the orangutan diet. Fruits with sugary or fatty pulp are favored. Ficus fruits are commonly eaten, because they are easy to harvest and digest. Lowland dipterocarp forests are preferred by orangutans because of their plentiful fruit. Bornean orangutans consume at least 317 different food items that include young leaves, shoots, bark, insects, honey and bird eggs.[17][18] Orangutans are opportunistic foragers, and their diets vary markedly from month to month.[18] Bark is eaten as a last resort in times of food scarcity; fruits are always more popular.
link

And the quote was what i was linking lol

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel we are not animals

Are we plants?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Remember everyone, these are chickens here....not people. Its natural to eat a chicken, and we are not talking about sentient intelligent creatures here.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm a vegetarian for a reason. I didn't bother pushing play on the videos, but those of you who did, I hope it at least gives you a quick insight to make an educated decision. Someone else said it here, I agree it's time that mother nature just shook us fleas off her back.Something went horribly wrong when we became civilized and modernized.....

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What is going on in these large facilities is the peak of cruelty no doubt about it. I kind of knew what was going on but I've never seen it actually happening.

I do eat meat and have been since birth and see no change coming soon.

I hate how these animals are treated as much as any of you but I can't/won't just stop eating meat. I will however start looking at where it's coming from and will stop supporting these large murder factories. This is going to be priority number one for me tomorrow, trying to find a local source for my families meat consumption.

Strict...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join