It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Story - Libya united? Both sides(Rebels and Gaddafi's forces) committed countless atrocities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Ok i was watching this and all the sudden i watched this. Does this remind you of Somalia? Ther rebels acted tge same way as the Somalis are.

It's like if Libyans need some advice from Somalis. What they are doing is what Somalis did to each in the name of removng a dictator from power in 1991. The result? eternal several ! I hope for the worst though.

What do you think about it?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Al-Jazeera is as biased as PressTV and MSM, you can't rely on these sources, only when they are not aligned can they have some small credibility. Now a days the only credibility comes from independent reporters, but what we have seen is that independent reporters are being threatened by NATO and its militia.

Al-Jazeera is the mouth piece of Qatar which is involved along side NATO in the plunder of Libya, PressTV is the mouth piece of Iran, MSM is the mouth piece of West. That being said, what they report regarding Libya has been mostly unconfirmed, proven lies, out of context stories.. etc..

This is how they embarrassingly fooled everyone again, from the false Mercenary reports, to false "bombing civilians" reports, to twisting Qaddafi's speeches against him.. etc..

What you need is two side of the story, just like the police will never ask one side and make their conclusion based on that, the same way you have to judge the situation in Libya.

What we have now is Western MSM being NATO mouth piece, just like Al-Jazeera, once again being NATO mouth piece. So we have one side of the story, the other side of the story is being bombed, threatened and silenced.

Think about it, why did they bomb Libya National TV? Because obviously they want to silence that side of the story, and create the perception of this war of aggression based on solely one side.

This is what we call a complete delusional perception which most have created. Even from the onset, the Libyan side of the story has either been completely suppressed, or completely twisted by paid reporters, or reported out of context to make them look bad. So the only place where we found the other side of the story was in the Internet.

That being said, even the title of your thread shows the one sided delusion installed by the media. They are not Qaddafi forces, they are the Libyan Army and or supporters of the Jamahariya government.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I don't trust that site too but it make some good points. THere was reporting that both side committed countless crimes. I do anything i put trust in my hands.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by confreak

I don't trust that site too but it make some good points. THere was reporting that both side committed countless crimes. I do anything i put trust in my hands.

That is just one report, trying to gain its credibility back, just like UN condemning NATO bombing of a TV station in order to gain its credibility back. But the bias is clear, Al-Jazeera has been in full support of NATO terror operations. Since Qatar is involved in the operations it is hard for Al-Jazeera not to tow the line.

This is one of very extremely few times that Al-Jazeera has reported heinous crimes committed by NATO militia, but the fact that they completely suppressed the reporting of those crimes at the beginning of the unrest, which cause this whole mess is the big issue in my opinion. It was that deliberate mis-information that lead to this mass murder and destruction.

But you are right, once war starts, it is bloody, both sides will destroy. I'm merely trying to point the finger at the players who helped start this war, it was NATO militia, propaganda reported by Al-Jazeera and MSM, last but not least, NATO, the big dog.

NATO destroyed all Libyan capability to bring back stability but that was obviously planned, the whole plan was this, so let's not act like this is surprising. War is bloody, war doesn't save civilian lives, it kills thousands of people, and in the end thousands more die because world powers try to create a conclusion which favours them.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well for a start the hospital in question was in pro Gaddafi control ,and it was bombed and raided by the rebels ,who then claim it was the pro Gaddafi forces who murdered these people ,which don't make much sense really ,as why would pro Gaddafi forces murder there own people ,also on the BBC footage a lot of these dead men had green wrist bands and bandana's ,so the finger points to the rebels for this hospital massacre from my understanding of the situation.

Another thing is the BBC report which was first on the scene show that there were green flags and Gaddafi posters all over the hospital ,and surrounding area.

Plus another thing that got me was the claim the prisoners were gun down ,to be fair if you are under massive attack and you have prisoners who are not Libyain and were captured in fighting ,would you release these men to pick up a gun and carry on killing your people ,this is war ,you gotta do what you gotta do !

Also as already mention Al-Jazeera is well known western media voice in the Arab world ,from my own experience Al-Jazeera is very bias in it's reporting.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I can't find a more appropriate place to ask this question, so if it is in the wrong place the mods can delete it, but am I correct in thinking that under Colonel Gaddafi, Libya amassed one of the largest physical gold reserves on earth?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
I can't find a more appropriate place to ask this question, so if it is in the wrong place the mods can delete it, but am I correct in thinking that under Colonel Gaddafi, Libya amassed one of the largest physical gold reserves on earth?

Around 200 ton of Gold reserves in Libya, I don't know whether that is the biggest reserve in the world, but I do know that it is a lot. I heard once that US holds the biggest reserves of Gold, but try to do a search in Google and hope you find the answer.

OK, did a little search and found that US is infact on top of the list.

Euro Zone has the most Gold, country wise US has the most, IMF is third. That being said, Libyan gold reserves is number 26th in world nation ranking.

Euro Zone holds 10,000 tons of gold, US holds 8000, it is a lot compared to Libyan Gold reserves, but that Libya is still in the top 30.
edit on 27-8-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

Originally posted by Swanfilters

Around 200 ton of Gold reserves in Libya, I don't know whether that is the biggest reserve in the world, but I do know that it is a lot. I heard once that US holds the biggest reserves of Gold, but try to do a search in Google and hope you find the answer.

I found this, wallstreetpit.com...

Not too sure how credible a source it is, however, it would explain why NATO seems to be going after Gaddafi now. In an era where only physical gold can be trusted as a currency, any nation that doesn't toe the line may be at risk

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters

I think they are just trying to change the system to benefit them, the Jamahariya government, the banking system, the economic system etc.. The Gold reserve is not Qaddafi's, it is funny how they claim everything in Libya is owned by Qaddafi, the delusionary perception which they have created is more fictional than Micky Mouse, and yet people have succumbed to it.

We are talking about the Libyan Gold Reserves, is NATO after the Gold reserve? It could be so, after all, dollar is going down, European and American economies are stuffed, they need wealth, they need more energy, they need more indebted slaves to continue paying interest without an end in sight. This is the plan, they are already starting it, they are already trying to setup contracts to rebuild Libya, the same Libya they destroyed. Now we have rebuilding which will give their citizens jobs, and we will have nice payment from Libya, not to mention other loans which will be given to Libya with thousand and one strings to lock them in a never ending trap.

Very bleak.

top topics

join