It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to gcpdot.com?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I have been monitoring the output of the Global Consciousness Project (gcp.grama.co...) now for several month using the website www.gcpdot.com... and watching the curve there on a daily basis.

What I found interesting about the resulting data is that from the day that I started reviewing the curve (in late 2009) until the day it went offline (which seemed to happen about two weeks ago?) the tendency for broadly shared coherent emotion and thoughts grew steadily. Recently the dot remained mostly in the upper third part of the graph and stayed there for hours and sometimes even days. Although I never did an indepth analysis of the data my daily reviewing of this 24h graph showed that the data is far from being random anymore (what it should if there was no influence whatsoever) and that we seem to go towards globally shared coherent thoughts and emotions - with few exceptions.

Sadly the website now seems to have gone offline?! The graph can no loger be viewed at gcpdot.com. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Additionally I would like to know how you feel about our world changing in a way so that we seem to (re)form some sort of collective mind these days. Could it be that these are the precursors to a coming big change in human evolution? Could it be that this has to do with what the Mayans were foreseeing? Could it be that we are indeed facing massive changes on our little blue gem?

I think so.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If you know what happened to the website gcpdot.com or if you would like to participate in a discussion about the data coming from this project I would love to see your comments and thoughts on this topic.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
did they not just take the old address offline. your first link is to a beta site so they must e trying a new one. found noosphere.princeton.edu... through google, think this might have data info you need

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Here are some examples of three consecutive days of the graph that was visible at gcpdot.com when it was still online. The grabbed screenshots show the obvious tendency for coherent thoughts and emotions (as it has been defined on the website gcpdot.com):

October 2nd, 2010 - 12:32 PM CET:

October 3rd, 2010 - 10:51 AM CET:

October 3rd, 2010 - 19:44 PM CET:

October 4th, 2010 - 11:07 AM CET:

It's a pity I stopped taking screenshots of the graph in 2010.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dockers

No they didn't. The old site and the beta both link to gcpdot.com as the graph's home page. This website has been working for years now. But strangely it stopped working several days ago (I believe two weeks or so). However both the old site and the new one still point to gcpdot.com which doesn't respond anymore.

You can see screenshots of what the graph looked like in my previous post.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mrMasterJoe

no worries...cant help anymore than that sorry as its been an age since i was even last on the site so remember nothing from it. hopefully its just a bug and not been taken offline to keep us from understanding more

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Does it relate to this:

Missing Dot
The creator of the GCP Dot has hosted it for many years. I'm sure you appreciate it -- certainly I do. He has to move on to other things now. If someone else wants to host the Dot, I think that can be arranged. Perhaps I will find the time to do something myself. Thanks, Brad.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KBilly

Interesting and yes it is possible that the page you found might answer the question as why the page has disappeared recently
Thank you for your help.

Besides that it seems to have been no good idea to ask additional questions regarding the meaningfullness of the now non-existing webpage as such. Most people now might just pass by this thread and do not notice that for me it would also be interesting to know what you think of the project itself and the tendency of the data to go towards shared and coherent thoughts and emotions.

Well maybe that should be reposted in another fresh thread then?!

top topics

join