It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-droppingly video captures the Milky Way as Earth spins: (Take a break from Irene!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Tempest Milky Way requires very little exposition before you watch the video. It's essentially 3 minutes of incredible, jaw-dropping scenery as the Earth spins, the stars revolving through the night sky as if riding a conveyer belt. The clarity and detail presented is absolutely astounding, giving you the chance to watch the sky in breathtaking color. Obviously, it reminds us a little of another timelapse video of the Milky Way, which was also quite a hit.

Source (where the video is located): news.yahoo.com...

Just a great effort. Listening to that music and watching the video.... I got lost in thought.

Made me think two ways... how small and un-inportant we are---sitting on this little planets amongst a few billion Stars & Planets but we think we are the Kings of the Universe. I couldn't help but think that with such an huge display of---well Life.

Then the Devil's advocate in me say hey.... We are the only ones capable of getting out there and exploring/colonizing Space. We better hop to it cause we got a lot of work ahead of us. James T Kirk.... here we come!!!

Anyway... sitting here awaiting the hurricane-watching the news and stuff, this was a great break. I hope you think so also.

Let me/us know what you think.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
That is a really cool video. Thanks for posting! Watching the storms come in is especially neat.
S & F for you!
edit on 27-8-2011 by cdnutz44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Here you go sir... imbed

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Very cool

Here is the site for the creator of the video dakotalapse.com...
edit on 27/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalThinker88
Here you go sir... imbed

People who imbed videos for threadmakers always deserve at least one star.

--- Awesome video - thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Made me think two ways... how small and un-inportant we are---sitting on this little planets amongst a few billion Stars & Planets but we think we are the Kings of the Universe.

Why do humans here seem to enjoy running down humanity?
Yeah, we're soooo unimportant. Give me a break

And i don't see anything 'jaw-dropping' - why do people always have to use superlative for crappy stuff like that? Some loser has too much time on his hands filming the sky for months but does it in horrible low-resolution and puts some crappy pseudo-dramatic music over it. Yeah, that jaw-droppingly stupid if anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Very cool! Great post!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I love these timelapse videos, they show so much that we miss, especially if you live in a city and can barely see the brightest of stars.

Here's another beutiful one that was posted on here a few months back.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Great video. Thanks for putting it up.

I love this stuff. I wish I could do it.... Maybe someday.

I think my first project would be Grass Growing.......

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Someone needs a nap

OP....nice video!

top topics

join