It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Economy,Worry And The Two Side Of Stress That Kills Us All !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I was watching a program the other night and it explained how stress kills. The Doctor in the program had studdied Baboons for 30 years and found some very interesting facts.Before I continue The Doctor explained that Baboons are very similar to Human Beings when it comes to stress. The study included blood samples and tagging so an ongoing accurate study could be attained. The short hand version is this. Stress produces Cortisol and Adrenaline which make us able to fight or flight (Run away) The study showed that Weaker, less dominant members of the Baboon Community displayed irratic behavior after time from being harassed and assaulted having no place to go. Basically having to deal with the stress everyday. They also attacked the Females for no reason many times and many participated in this behavior. They were smaller and neurotic..

Only the otherhand, The Dominant Males also had a serious problem that all shared in most cases. They were bigger and had The Females at will but, They died earlier than the Submissive males they Harassed. because they were always stressed and never let their guard down for the fear of loosing their position in the community.

The Doctor concluded by saying "The type of stress we experience in this type of world and it's pressures are the worst kind because we are never able to stop stressing" Worry is a killer and so is uncertainty

Thanks.. Just some food for thought..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Makes sense to me.
Nothing is worse than stressing over money.
I've learned to do all that I can and not stress over things I can't control.
I guess I'm somewhat desensitized.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
No doubt. I lived in a very stressful environment and saw my health go down in a spiral. Luckily, I was smart enough to leave that environment and try relaxing a bit more, but the worst part is that it stick with you for quite some time. Once you learn to stress, you automatically notice yourself doing it. Relaxing requires effort but is definitely worth it. Exercise is an often understated stress reliever and should be emphasized.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I've talked about the same subject before on here so I won't repeat myself, all I will say in a nutshell is that stress can cause some incredibly strange symptoms.
edit on 27/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Makes sense to me.
Nothing is worse than stressing over money.
I've learned to do all that I can and not stress over things I can't control.
I guess I'm somewhat desensitized.

Yeah, I can't stress about something I don't have

But I can stress about not having it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I agree. I thank you for your previous input. I didnt know you had posted on this important issue..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I had to post again because I would hope that in this day and time of fear, anger and uncertainty we as human beings need to remember what Stress is doing to us regardless of what we Stress over.. Peace ATS friends

top topics

join