It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At&t engineers apparently know something.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
On 8/26/2011 @ exactly 11:30 am. Est. I witnessed my iphone lose signal completely. Then I noticed the 3g was on but i couldnt make calls. For three hours it was sporatic. Swithing between EDGE and 3G with no outgoing calls allowed. I dialed 611 a few times to get tech support and confirmed they were having issues with my region. When ever a friend called me he heard " all circuits were busy" and " the subscriber can't be located". I then noticed my phones time was wrong. It said 7:47 am. I thought "wow the network is really messed up. Other people were complaining in public about the outage but no word from our local news wichbis unusual. Last time something like this happened we recieved instant notification. Any way the point is i just noticed that the tower for att not only changed the time, but also the date. 11/11/11.
Now i really thought the time went back from 1130 to 0747 same day. Why so far into the future, and on that date. Im thinking the engineer played a joke or was just lazy and typed anything 111111. For instance.
So i guess the at&t engineer was trying to make people think z 747 may crash on 11/11/11 or something.
Who knows?

Move this thread to predictions if you want lol.
I

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Weird stuff man.

My only strange experience with AT&T was a couple years ago, I received a blank txt message from a short number and it had the date stamp of 12/25/2019.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Personally I think there is no conspiracy or prediction here.. It just sounds as though your network were experiencing technical difficulties.. The date does sound strange initially but it could simply be the system setting the date to all 1's as a default when these problems occur..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jonathan0220

I highly doubt it. Most AT&T engineers I deal with have trouble doing basic tests, let alone see into the future!

What is more likely and far more mundane is a run of the mill fault. I work for a telco in the UK and we have some elements that are very confused about what the time is. Off some parts of the network, I get alarms for the future if you go just by the time stamp! This obviously isn't actually possible and it is just the equipment getting it's knickers in a twist.

Sorry to be dull and boring, but that is the most likely explanation.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
11-11-11 "my life ends"
I see that constantly on sites like IGN and GamesRadar and the like. Thats the date Skyrim comes out. Probably the most hyped up game in history. Thought it was a funny coincidence.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Ah, Skyrim, mmmmmmmmmm...................

Much too long a wait..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
After the quake during the week in washington the U.S. media jumped on the fact that once again that cellphones will not work after a major incident. Several of the news stations were stressing the importance of maybe getting some 2-way radios for families , even for the upcoming Irene hurricane. Hadn't heard them pushing for people to get these radios before.
Just thought it was odd or maybe the U.S. media is just trying to whip up more fear.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Anything that knocks out power will knock out the cell network. Each base station may have onsite generators and, possibly, batteries. BUt even if those batteries are in top condition and your diesel tank is full, you're only going to have 24hrs of power at most.

Then there is also that fact that the cell towers will be physically connected to the core network via fibre and this, obviously, is susceptable to varying environmental factors too.

All of that is assuming that the antenna on the masts themselves haven't been damaged by wind or debris.

So, the media in this instance is spot on. Don't rely on the cellular network whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
When I first read about this phenomena involving a future date and time that occurred on phones in Florida, I first thought that perhaps these things just happen. After all, technology requires maintenance and upkeep, so I, like others just went on after reading the initial media releases about this strange incident involving cell phones and a glitch in some future date being shown as 11-11-11.

Since my initial consideration on this matter has changed, I thought I would share what I think it means from a different conspiratorial perspective.

While I cannot explain why or how such a technical glitch could happen, we have to accept that it did happen and while the date of 11-11-11 does have some significance, I thought I would add some new thoughts on the matter.

11-11-11 happens to be exactly two days after 11-09-11 when DHS/FEMA will conduct the national emergency broadcast test that will take place on all TV, radio and on all the technological means that such a test will be broadcast on.

It is during this real national emergency broadcast that I wrote about recently that indicated that the test could turn out to be a real emergency broadcast, announced by Obama or some scientific type to warn the public about a potential impact on either earth or into the moon from an incoming asteroid like YU55 or other asteroids that are in our mists.

Since YU55 will be entering the debris trail of Comet Elenin on 11-09-11 as the Earth enters the debris field of Comet Elenin, anything could happen, and I suspect it will.

During the emergency broadcast that Obama or some scientific type gives, I suspect as I have already written about that we the public will be informed officially of an imminent impact that will occur within the next two days or 48 hrs of the emergency broadcast. The location might even be given to the public so as to create great fear and confusion with regard to what will happen to humans in the vicinity of the impact area if it indeed impacts the earth.

Such an imminent impact then would then conveniently be occurring on 11-11-11 in compliance with some evil esoteric ritual of time. Three times 11 equals 33.

Anyway, this recent telephone glitch involving a future date and time could be an insider revealing that on 11-11-11 that there will be an impact or something major happening on this unusual date.

It also could signal that on this date we will be experiencing what the NWO wants us to experience and so with that being said, I for one hope that I am completely wrong, because if I am not, then on 11-11-11 there will be an event that will take center stage and when that happens, it will prove that TPTB knew way in advance and said nothing to the public until it was too late to do anything about it.

There you have it. As explanations go, this is just one more to consider, but if I am right, we will see it come true on the very date of 11-09-11, when Obama or some scientist informs the public about an impending impact on either earth or the moon that will occur on 11-11-11.

Should this happen as I have stated it, then and only then will you know without a doubt that we are being lied to and that they are conducting a deception on such a grand scale that it boggles the imagination to think how complex and how diabolical it really is.

Since the evil elite like to announce what they are going to do in advance of any major event, this only makes sense to me that they would use an impending impact to begin their NWO chain of events that most likely includes martial law and a suspension of all freedoms and rights.

Such a major incident might even begin the big purge of all those that the current administration consider a threat to their future continued rein of terror. FEMA camps and the new death camps would be part of that process. Anyway, think about it is all I ask. Thanks for considering these thoughts.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Interesting, just a bug who knows.

Slightly related: it makes me think of that Greek/italian? software engineer who was apparently thrown off a bridge(they staged it as suicide) after discovering a massive deliberate bug in nokia/sony ericsson? system. Someone help me out here cant seem to find it on google anymore(no surprise there) and it was 2-3 years ago that I was reading about it on the net. ???

edit on 27-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Should be a MSC issue you are experiencing, if you could have incoming calls but not outgoing I would suspect that to be the issue. Where is your location and I can check for you what happened, I work for that company you speak of.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So is someone speculating that the world as we used to know it will end on 11-11-11 and AT&T will deliver 3G nationwide and stop dropping everyone or making their internet connection move at super slow speed? That would be a marvel to behold. I'm waiting but losing hope that AT&T will deliver anything they promised.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Once stuff goes over the edge they will kill all telecommunications, power and other stuff to take advantage of the confusion to take VIP's to their bunkers. The solar flares of 9-14 SEP 2011 will probably do their dirty work for them. The date to be aware of of 25-28 SEP 2011 ( I cannot really describe what happens, something similar to "dark night") and 26-31 OCT 2011 (massive earthquake or similar catastrophe) and 11 NOV 2011 (possible asteroid impact, but that would in and of itself be a drop in the bucket compared to the Sept and Oct dates) Get three weeks or better of food and water, and network with friends, it's about to get real.. You have about 2 weeks left.

top topics

join