It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women in pms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Great posts, some made me laugh, thanks for that. The PMS issue only once went out of hand for me, unfortunately it caused me to finally break up with her. I do agree with some of these posts tho, I guess there is really no safe place to be when a woman is scorned

maybe behind a computer

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

You've basically gotta expect to be the punching bag for those few days, and simply take what she dishes out.

Do not:

1) Acknowledge the pink elephant in the room (that she's PMS'ing).

2) Try to leave or get out, unless it is a pre-planned thing (if you know her cycle, you can actually plan it ahead of time, if you're clever, and lucky enough that she's pretty predictable on that cycle).

3) Try to "win" any arguments. (of course, as a man, you should realize that letting her "win" the argument means you "won" the argument, as now the argument is over, and that's your only goal anyhow).

After she comes back to Earth, she'll likely realize anything she said or did, apologize, chalk it up to the PMS, and then go back to being the loving wife you know and love. (providing you didn't do any of the above no no's).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Wow...where were you several years ago when I needed you? >.< man you could have helped me tons with this info.
star for you also screen-grabbed and saved into my....*ahem* knowledge folder
Thanks

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Glad to help...I had to learn the hard way too, hehe....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Flowers usually go on sale on Tuesdays, so you can pick them up at a lower price.

My gambit is to call ahead, pointing out that I have to "work late," but can bring home some take out. She usually wants Asian. This way, I don't come home to early, and I am carrying food and/or flowers when I arrive.

Stay away from any irony or sarcasm, or anything that could be construed as irony and sarcasm, if you have any hope at all.

"Tell me about your day....."

Then you eat the Chinese food while she talks, and you won't feel compelled to add comments about her day, which is what you are supposed to be doing anyway----listening.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Good points, silence is golden (and can rarely be used back at you!), and food helps...flowers may be overdoing it (can spark the "what did you do now" question, but of course, every woman is different.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Im im a relation ship, but like I said its not my fault, women get periods, Im not going to let a woman use PMS as an excuse for being a total B@~ch I will be nice and polite to her but if she just goes off on one then she can just get stuffed

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Actually once mother nature arrives with her *gift* I become a human being again, albeit a slightly crampy one.
It's the two weeks beforehand I get evermore evil with every given day. The few days beforehand everyone's safer living with Lions.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

lol I believe you, trust me, I do haha. but while you are here, since you are a girl, what tips do you personaly give guys? There is a good tip given by the fellow poster above, and thats from a male perspective, but would like to know the female perspective

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by Suspiria

lol I believe you, trust me, I do haha. but while you are here, since you are a girl, what tips do you personaly give guys? There is a good tip given by the fellow poster above, and thats from a male perspective, but would like to know the female perspective

Gazrock pretty well summed it up for me. I'm not exactly the weepy *you never listen to me* sort of woman. I might just go on a self righteous rant about any particular subject not even in the slightest related to me..

I don't want an argument, just a sounding board. It's actually upsetting that people might take it all personally, it's not meant to be personal..It's just a monthly fist wave at the world in general.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Heres what I dont get. If a man acts like an ass for a week a month he's just an ass. But a woman can do and say whatever they want one week a month? Why can't these women control themselves? We all have emotinal responses but we dont have to manifest them by being "hormonal" and making everyone elses life miserable.

Heres the deal: If women get a week where they can do and say anything, blame it on hormones and move on then men should too. We should be able to be complete selfish, argumentative, sobbing jackasses as well. Its just one week. Just ignore it. Just buy me a video game. Make me dinner. Bring me beer and flowers...wait, screw the flowers. Just bring more beer.

Not only that but I think its bonkers for people just let others get away with this behavior for 12 weeks a year. So for three months a year you put up with a woman who cannot control herself, says mean things and acts all bitchy? Three months a year? If I was an ass for three months a year you think a girl would hang around?

Deny ignorance. Dont ignore monthly hormonal bitchiness. It'll only encourage more monthly hormonal bitchiness.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My only problem currently is that my lady will get into a tizzy about something at work. She'll say someone was mean to her or something along those lines. Naturally I want to help her so I get all stressed myself cause this isn't gradeschool anymore and I can't just push them down or call them a name. Then later she is fine and tells me she is going to lunch with the mean person. Of course I'm just like
"I thought you hated her".

I've just learned to take it as a sign that she wants some TLC and uninterrupted access to the TV. Could be worse she could get shouty I guess.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Just as medication can change one's body chemistry, and lead to behavioral differences, a woman's monthly body chemistry change can do the same. You can't simply ignore it, or think that they can somehow simply "control" it....

I don't want an argument, just a sounding board.

Ahh, a good point, but it can be difficult for us guys to tell the difference between arguing and venting, especially if it's about us, or something we did or didn't do. The best you can do here Guys is listen, nod, and suck it up. The less you say the better...to avoid providing a springboard for more. Of course, if she asks you a question though, you could be doomed, unless you answer with another question...one that you know she'll enjoy answering.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Actually once mother nature arrives with her *gift* I become a human being again, albeit a slightly crampy one.
It's the two weeks beforehand I get evermore evil with every given day. The few days beforehand everyone's safer living with Lions.

Suspiria, you might be one of the few who would see humor in this: This song is about my ex on her "gift"!

Then again, ah, is it that time of the month? Not funny?

CJ

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
...pms is a newager pro-whimp/whiner pro-avoid-responsibility concept... yes, academia thinks they've proven its a valid disorder / syndrome / whatever - but - their proof is just pure dee bs... pms is an excuse to misbehave and pretend that you cant help it...

...i misbehave frequently but i dont make excuses for it or pretend that i cant help being a bitch cuz that would imply that theres something wrong with being a bitch and thats just more pure dee bs...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35df652f7212.jpg[/atsimg]

...for some gals, blaming pms could be a learned behavior because their mother taught them thats how females behave - or - it could be that the "users" willingly adopted the behavior like the newest fashion fad - or - it could be that they're control freaks seeing how much they can push you around...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc0cc2f94c88.jpg[/atsimg]

...on the evolutionary scale, whimps and whiners wont survive - because - the only ones who will breed with that ilk are idiots - and - sooner or later, the idiot is gonna get so tired of their crap that they'll choke the crap right out of em...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f8b6bdf911c.jpg[/atsimg]

...cruel treatment of whimps and whiners?... perhaps but who the hell cares?... its 100% justifiable self-defense and, then, ya know, ya got the bonfide idiot thang workin for ya and, hell, just put on your fancy drawers and you could be the next prez...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd5b85ea3368.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Hmmm interesting. Do you find that taking seriously a comic about a bitter spinster has helped or hurt your love life? Inquiring minds must know!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Hmmm interesting. Do you find that taking seriously a comic about a bitter spinster has helped or hurt your love life? Inquiring minds must know!

...say what?...

...who would take any comic strip character seriously?...

....oh, wait - you didnt, did ya?... o'my gawed, you did?...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e46ab0544e53.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/132b39154632.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Wyn Hawk's to do list:
-Cue nervous laughter, silly gifs and nuh-uhs to cover up original intent.
-File for divorce, again.

LAWL

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Wyn Hawk's to do list:
-Cue nervous laughter, silly gifs and nuh-uhs to cover up original intent.
-File for divorce, again.

LAWL

Too harsh.

CJ

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Too harsh.

...love ya [[[[ cj ]]]] but no worries... the poor kid obviously has emotional issues that have nothing to do with me and my quirky sense of humor...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/450372fa5066.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join