It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women in pms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Didn't see any topics like this one, but it is one that really needs to be addressed.

During my past relationships I noticed when women are during those sacred days of their lives
they blow up in incredible hulk style.

I tried the "get in car and don't return for several hours technique" only to return home to find a very angry woman waiting for me.

So I did the next best thing. "The sucking up technique"

I figured, what better way to prevent any yells or screams coming from their mouths than to keep their mouths busy in silent mode?

So naturally I spent like 50- 100$ on chocolate. But this is really an expensive technique. But it worked like a charm.

So Guys and Gals, I am interested in hearing your stories and your techniques, (especially ones that are less expensive:@@

edit on 27-8-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

my technique is just learn to deal with it...plain and simple

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

my technique is just learn to deal with it...plain and simple

But that's...giving up. There has to be a way...impossible is an impossibility. Damn I get a vibe that you have gone through hell and back X_X.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
PMS is a funny little thing that seems to test the strength of relationships. What is curious to me is the level of intensity varying from woman to woman, from intense hulkiness to nonexistent.

My ex used to get it bad and as a result I would get it bad at me, until I put one and one together very quickly. Then, as she was a very proud individual, I'd tell her that she's getting mad merely because of her situation. She'd get mad that I'd say that, but then I'd ask her to justify her anger and she'd soon realize and make a *oops* face. A kiss on the forehead and a silly smile would get me out of trouble.. and if that didn't help, I would use the get the # out of there- technique until the clock tells me it is time to get back in touch. Usually, I would come back to a slightly apologetic woman.
edit on 27/8/11 by TeroK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just learn to have convienient hearing (like my wife has) or better still put on headphones and listen to music.
Btw, headphones were designed by men.
Greatest invetion i think.

Failing that the girls always like like a nice massage to get rid of stress.
edit on 27/8/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
they way I look at it its not my fault a woman has PMS, I dont have to do anything , they are the ones who have to learn to deal with it if they want to keep a relation ship with me, If I were to come home in a bad mood from work and start yelling she would not accept it no matter how much stress I was under, so Im not gona take the PMS excuse from any woman

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

PMS can be difficult to deal with. Some women experience such uncomfortable episodes they need medication for a few days. Trust me, it is hard on we women as well. It's a hormone fluctuation and not much we can do about it. My husband would ask me, "what would you like for me to do today?", or just take me in his arms a few times a day and hold me close. I had a very difficult time with PMS and I admire how he made it through with me. Just know that it isn't personal to you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i must be a lucky boy then, been with my gf for 6 years now and she just gets on with her day like any other but previouse gfs have been a pain in the backside. woman definatly vary on pms. pop a sleeping pill in her drink, kick your shoes off, relax and get on ATS lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Whatever you do, don't accuse her of having pms if she's just disagreeing with you, or cranky for another reason... that'll make her madder than pms!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Im more emotional than mean.

I cry at the drop of a hat! My bf said it was cute lol

I don't ask for chocolate cause chances are the freezer is already stocked full of reese cups and ben and jerry. Since I get very sick, I just prefer you run me a hot bath or rub on my legs and back where they are sore and feel like I'm being stabbed.

I did date a guy who was so sweet about it. He would always come home with my favorite magazine or one I read, chocolate, a thing of milk and some midol AND he even got tampons. Now this guy is 6'7" and covered in tats head to toe! I would have loved to see the look on their faces when he went thru the line with just those items. I could totally see him saying "Yes I buy this for my girl" if someone said something. LOL His buddies teased him and well he didn't care, he did it every month and i thought it was sweet.

So for me Im not grumpy but if I am I usually just hide in my room or talk to nobody but mostly Im just an emotional wreck!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yes dear her, yes dear yes dear, or leave for a couple hours everytime she starts acting up eventually she will learn to control herself a little better. It is the most uncomfortable monthly thing we Know will happen every month of every year, consider what is happening to her and what she is going through. until that magic age arrives of Menopause. Think its bad know? Not even close.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I did date a guy who was so sweet about it. He would always come home with my favorite magazine or one I read, chocolate, a thing of milk and some midol AND he even got tampons.

Well there you have it guys... straight from the Martian girl's mouth...

Buy her a "PMS Gift Basket" once a month and you're golden!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
they way I look at it its not my fault a woman has PMS, I dont have to do anything , they are the ones who have to learn to deal with it if they want to keep a relation ship with me, If I were to come home in a bad mood from work and start yelling she would not accept it no matter how much stress I was under, so Im not gona take the PMS excuse from any woman

I'm curious do you have strong relationship or married at current? Or, do you go through woman like we woman go through tampoons?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

• Minimize the amount of time in a exposed area by reducing proximity to your woman as much as possible. Take a fishing trip, offer to go to the store, find something extra to do at work, have her take a long, long relaxing bath.

• Use shielding/protective barriers whenever possible to reduce exposures. Shielding includes chocolate, flowers, sweet notes, or ice cream.

• Insure that the temperature is optimum for your woman. Keeping the subject in an environment that makes it uncomfortable will only enrage her. Her comfort is your safety.

• Reduce the possibility of subject motion causing that requires her to get up and move around. "Honey, you look tired. Go lie down and I'll clean the house."

Review this helpful tutorial that can education you on how to survive PMS.

edit on 8/27/2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

• posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
    link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
    reply to post by mblahnikluver

I did date a guy who was so sweet about it. He would always come home with my favorite magazine or one I read, chocolate, a thing of milk and some midol AND he even got tampons.

Well there you have it guys... straight from the Martian girl's mouth...

Buy her a "PMS Gift Basket" once a month and you're golden!

HAHA this made me laugh

Thanks!

Honestly when woman have their Aunt Flo in town we just want to be either left alone or slightly pampered with the little things. Well at least that is how it is for me
    lol

Also DO NOT bug us about sex!!! I mean seriously, if we want it at that time you WILL get it, if you beg for it you won't. LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
    link   
    Some of us are very aware of getting angry for no reason. Luckily for me I get depressed about my physical state right before (most women retain water that makes them look and feel bigger), and because I'm so focused on being healthy the week of, I am fine. So... my boyfriend just has to deal with me being self-conscious for a few days. But the few and far between times when I'm angry all day long and can't pin point the reason. I shut myself off from people because I know I have a hard time controlling the anger. It's like I can be completely aware of my anger, so I can calm it down... but then something stupid will happen and light me up again for a minute until my brain latches on to the fact I'm being unreasonable again for no reason. It's an annoying cycle and honestly exhausting. So... on the few times I get that way, I just seclude myself.
    As for what to do when your woman starts PMSing? It's chemical... good luck. Even the best of us struggle with controlling it. Honestly, a huge reason why chocolate (and sex) work to calm us down. Both react on a chemical level.

Most simple solution though? (and cheap) Give her Vitamin B5 - and that will most likely do the trick (also works for plain 'ol mean women).

Premenstrual syndrome effects over 70% to 90% of women before menopause in the US and less for women in Southeast Asia because of their difference in living style and social structure. The occurrence of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) have more than doubled over the past 50 years due to the acceptance of it as a medical condition that is caused by unhealthy diet with high in saturated food. Premenstrual syndrome is defined as faulty function of the ovaries related to the women's menstrual cycle, it effects a women's physical and emotional state, and sometimes interferes with daily activities as a result of hormone fluctuation. The syndrome occurs one to two weeks before menstruation and then declines when the period starts. In this article, we will discuss how vitamins help to treat PMS..

I. Definition
    Vitamin B5 is water soluble vitamin, also known as pantothenic acid, it has a proven record in treating stress by enhancing the function of adrenal gland.

II. How vitamin B5 effects women with PMS
    1. Energy
    a) Vitamin B5 works together with other vitamin B complex to enhance function in carbohydrate and glucose metabolism, by converting them to energy to body cells need resulting in lessening the risk of fatigue and tiredness.
    b) it also helps to improve liver function in carbohydrate synthesis and regulate the levels of insulin produced by pancreas in the body resulting in lessening the risk of food craving or diabetes.

2.Stress
    Vitamin B5 is a neurotransmitters enhancer, it helps to improve the function of nervous cells in transporting information to each other resulting in increasing the adrenal function in hormone secretion thereby, decreasing the risk of nervous disorder including stress.

3. Cortisone
    Cortisone is one of the main hormones released by the body as a reaction to stress, it elevates blood pressure and prepare the body for a fight or fight response. Vitamin B5 is vital in regulating the levels of cortisone resulting in improving the immune system and lessening the risk of nervous tension for some women with PMS.

4. Abdominal pains
    Vitamin is also important in regulating the muscle movement in the body including the abdominal muscle. Deficiency of vitamin B5 causes abnormal function of uterus muscles resulting in menstrual pain and cramps.

5. Sleep disturbances and insomnia
    As we known vitamin B5 is an neurotransmitters enhancer, deficiency of vitamin B5 causes irregular or over active brains cells resulting in increasing the risk of sleep disturbances and insomnia.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
    link   

I have not read the whole thread. I am just giving a bit of advice. Don't go there. Just, don't.

CJ

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
    link   
    Dude! This is like, MY thread. Of all my years as a member on ATS, and the years prior spent lurking, I have found my one true thread. Don't even get me started on this PMS...

I get it so bad it used to scare me. I mean I literally would lock myself in my room because I was afraid that I would hurt someone. Not physically - that thought has never crossed my mind... well maybe not never, but you get the drift.

Mentally though, I am a monster, and I really get scared that every relationship, every friendship I have, would be destroyed because during my 'special time' I used to be on a rampage. Typically I am a calm, kind-hearted person that would never utter a word to hurt someone - during PMS there would be a drastic change..

Luckily I took notice of that a few years ago and now when I feel it coming I have my coping mechanisms and it comes and goes without much difference. It just took a lot of time to realise what was going on exactly, why I was feeling the way I was. Some women really genuinely turn into a different person almost - I never felt like myself, but I very literally 'knew' that everyone was out to get me.

As an example

Say I'm sitting in my living room and my friend stops by. I'm sitting on the couch reading, and they ask if I'd like to come out for a walk. I think nothing of it, and go out with them and enjoy myself.

Take the same situation during the creeping dread and my thought process is a little different.

"What?? Why are they asking me to go out. I'm reading. They know how much I love reading so why are they asking me to go out? They should know me better! They obviously hate me! I'm surrounding myself with people that don't know me AND they hate me!!" and then I'm on the verge of tears. Yeah. That happens. Those are the kinds of things you think, and really honestly believe and don't consider you might be over reacting or might be behaving completely irrational - you just know.

In a way it's almost like for about a week you are completely mentally unstable. For everyone it's different, so there's not really any one way to handle the situation, especially if the person has no idea there is even a problem. I would just try and be understanding as much as you can be. For me, I know myself, and I know during that time, I'm not myself at all. So when I feel it coming I have to sit and work through what I'm feeling and why before I get upset - I realise I'm being unreasonable before I have a chance to react.

My best advice would be to just try and ride it out as best you can, because it will pass. If it becomes a major issue, talk about it - but do it after the fact
    Crazy people don't like being told that they're crazy.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Cinquain

Thought I had changed my username then!!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
    link   

Originally posted by DivineInfinity
    reply to post by Cinquain

Thought I had changed my username then!!

Phew!! Thank goodness someone can relate... I don't know what I was thinking when I divulged all that. Probably something along the lines of 'Alrighty, my time to shine!! Go get 'em!" and then no one was responding so I probably ruined the thread.

To anyone stumbling across this who may be suffering - it gets better!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join