It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuating NY, I'll keep everyone posted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hello ATS, Unvarnished here, we're evacuating NY right now, it sucks that we live near the water on Long Island, much love and peace to all. Until I get another internet connection, I'll definitely keep you all updated as to what is going on.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Take care and don't get caught in the crosshairs of those vicious hurricane.

Wishing you the best of luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
good luck, take no chances, and take care.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Stay safe my friend.

Safety first.. then update

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Stay safe fello ATS'er,

Do what you feel is necessary, get to safer grounds first.

Peace my friend

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Unvarnished,Please take care.. Stay safe and keep us updated when you can..Best of luck..sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Godspeed, child. we are buarding up some windows at my folk's house in Queens tomorrow.

home depot plywood, generators, and grocery stores are cleaned out. no batteries left anywhere to buy.

this is lookin like will be far worse than Gloria. amazing how serious they're taking this one, never before not even for gloria.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Keep safe and I hope you don't sustain any damage to your home.However I think this is going to be a non event and we will be soon reading about the overblown overreaction of the Obama administration who are desperate not to repeat the farce that occurred over Katrina under Bush.
edit on 27-8-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thank you everyone, we ended up moving upstate far away from the water so everything is fine, thank you all for your care and support. I'll definitely keep everyone posted, now I can safely say not to live without any sort of regret.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
glad you made it there safely upstate. im going to wing it out here at my folks place. we are still boarding up windows and such.

our house is solid concrete block & brick on the outside. but has both a basement as well as a sub-basement bunker (theres only a handful of residences in queens with subbasements, last i checked). we're worried about if the electricity goes out for long, city sewer might backflow into us. thats my main concern at this time. other than that, some flooding is no big deal as we have 3 stories of living space above.

new topics

top topics

join