It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

4.6 EQ in california!

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is a good sized one here we go both coasts wow!
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

And guess what? 37 lattitude!

edit on 27-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)


This is going to be an intresting weekend, I bet ghadaffi is loving not being in the spotlight for once.

edit on 27-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
got some more Information maybe? when does it happend?



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
4.6 on the san andreas. Nice quake but nothing too exciting for the area.



Magnitude 4.6
Date-Time Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 07:18:21 UTC
Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 12:18:21 AM at epicenter

Location 36.584°N, 121.181°W
Depth 7.6 km (4.7 miles)
Region CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
Distances 7 km (4 miles) NNW (330°) from Pinnacles, CA
21 km (13 miles) NE (38°) from Soledad, CA
25 km (15 miles) ENE (70°) from Gonzales, CA
35 km (22 miles) SE (146°) from Hollister, CA
105 km (65 miles) SE (143°) from San Jose City Hall, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.1 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters Nph= 76, Dmin=9 km, Rmss=0.08 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=3
Source California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID nc71627835



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
got some more Information maybe? when does it happend?

You should just be able to click the link and see it was about 18 min ago. Also another 3. something



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
wow,

that medium's prediction was off by a few minutes,

only..



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
thank you 2



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips
 


interesting indeed.
does the time wave zero thing sync up with these events?
or edgar cayce's predictions?
it would be wild if all these things came together.

-subfab



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I live here in Cali and um, 4.6? Really??? Not something anybody who lives here would bat an eyelash at...now 5.0 or above, yeah I would take notice, 4.0 and below are pretty common if you take a look at Califonia Seismic history.

So no need to get your tail feathers all huffed up...everything is fine here. For now at least.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
About 200 miles south.. didn't feel a thing. I am disappointed.


I just left Virginia exactly a week before the 5.8, all the while obsessing over missing a quake back home in California while I was gone. Haven't had a good shaker here in a few years!



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
MAP 4.6 2011/08/27 07:18:21 36.584 -121.181 7.6 CENTRAL CALIFORNIA

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Although the 37 latitude thing is kinda interesting considering the Colorado swarm and the DC quake...4.6+ earthquakes happen literally ALL the time in Cali. It's really a stretch to start freaking out about quakes of this mag in Cali. IMO, I doubt this quake has much significance.

Ats would be overloaded if every time a 4+ EQ hit California, a thread was created. In my opinion? It's a waste to make a thread devoted to this.

A general rule for making threads about EQ's on ATS that I have found to be pretty spot on is this:

If an EQ happens in an earthquake prone area, don't flood the boards with new threads every time they happen.. Simply post in this thread, or others like it UNLESS it's a mag of 6.0 or greater.

If an EQ happens in an area that is not known for having many Eq's especially places that rarely have Eq's over 3.0+ (like Colorado or DC) Then please feel free to post.

If you don't follow these simple and general common sense rules, then you are just wasting time writing a thread about it.

EDIT:
I'm not trying to play thread police here so please don't take it that way. It just can get rather annoying for those who have been really trying to study this stuff, and it looks real bad when others on ATS try to make unecessary mountains out of mole-hills.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
I live here in Cali and um, 4.6? Really??? Not something anybody who lives here would bat an eyelash at...now 5.0 or above, yeah I would take notice, 4.0 and below are pretty common if you take a look at Califonia Seismic history.

So no need to get your tail feathers all huffed up...everything is fine here. For now at least.


Your cavalier attitudes out there in cali will probably stop soon. Making fun of the east coast dont you people remember SF and northridge? Dont come cryin for aid when you all have this attitude now.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
MAP 4.6 2011/08/27 07:18:21 36.584 -121.181 7.6 CENTRAL CALIFORNIA

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Although the 37 latitude thing is kinda interesting considering the Colorado swarm and the DC quake...4.6+ earthquakes happen literally ALL the time in Cali. It's really a stretch to start freaking out about quakes of this mag in Cali. IMO, I doubt this quake has much significance.

Ats would be overloaded if every time a 4+ EQ hit California, a thread was created. In my opinion? It's a waste to make a thread devoted to this.

A general rule for making threads about EQ's on ATS that I have found to be pretty spot on is this:

If an EQ happens in an earthquake prone area, don't flood the boards with new threads every time they happen.. Simply post in this thread, or others like it UNLESS it's a mag of 6.0 or greater.

If an EQ happens in an area that is not known for having many Eq's especially places that rarely have Eq's over 3.0+ (like Colorado or DC) Then please feel free to post.

If you don't follow these simple and general common sense rules, then you are just wasting time writing a thread about it.

EDIT:
I'm not trying to play thread police here so please don't take it that way. It just can get rather annoying for those who have been really trying to study this stuff, and it looks real bad when others on ATS try to make unecessary mountains out of mole-hills.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)


There was also a 37 lattitude in hindu kush today as well.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ummm, okay, I am just trying to give you a little bit of the reality here. I've lived here for almost all of 40 years, so yeah I've felt my share of earthquakes. And I prepare.

In fact the Loma Prieta earthquake happened on my bday in 89, I felt it 400 miles away, made the whole movie theatre sway very slowly and gave me the heebee jeebees. And I was a wee lad in Simi Valley in the 70's when a 60' tall palm tree in our front yard fell over from a 6.7 in San Fernando.

I am not cavalier by any means...just we have so many little ones every year here, a 4.6 isnt that big of a deal.



We do just like everyone else in a disaster situation, pick ourselves up, dust off our pants, and get to work. Where I live, we take care of each other.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Springheel Jack because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
MAP 4.6 2011/08/27 07:18:21 36.584 -121.181 7.6 CENTRAL CALIFORNIA

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Although the 37 latitude thing is kinda interesting considering the Colorado swarm and the DC quake...4.6+ earthquakes happen literally ALL the time in Cali. It's really a stretch to start freaking out about quakes of this mag in Cali. IMO, I doubt this quake has much significance.

Ats would be overloaded if every time a 4+ EQ hit California, a thread was created. In my opinion? It's a waste to make a thread devoted to this.

A general rule for making threads about EQ's on ATS that I have found to be pretty spot on is this:

If an EQ happens in an earthquake prone area, don't flood the boards with new threads every time they happen.. Simply post in this thread, or others like it UNLESS it's a mag of 6.0 or greater.

If an EQ happens in an area that is not known for having many Eq's especially places that rarely have Eq's over 3.0+ (like Colorado or DC) Then please feel free to post.

If you don't follow these simple and general common sense rules, then you are just wasting time writing a thread about it.

EDIT:
I'm not trying to play thread police here so please don't take it that way. It just can get rather annoying for those who have been really trying to study this stuff, and it looks real bad when others on ATS try to make unecessary mountains out of mole-hills.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)


You said it: in your opinion. IMO I think there is quite a phenomenon happening here and would like to investigate it. I too used to live in california and was in the northridge quake so like I told the other guy let us investigate and not try and direct us to threads unrelated please. thanx



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips
 


Thanks. That really wasn't the point I was trying to make. To be fair, the Cali quake wasn't 37 degrees lat unless you are rounding up to come to that conclusion.
it was 36.584 degrees lat!

Anyway, I hope we don't keep seeing threads popping up all the time about 4.6 EQ's happening in Cali, or other insignificant Eq's that happen to be at 37 degrees lat or rounded to make them be 37 degrees lat. But I guess you may have missed that point.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Originally posted by Wookiep
MAP 4.6 2011/08/27 07:18:21 36.584 -121.181 7.6 CENTRAL CALIFORNIA

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Although the 37 latitude thing is kinda interesting considering the Colorado swarm and the DC quake...4.6+ earthquakes happen literally ALL the time in Cali. It's really a stretch to start freaking out about quakes of this mag in Cali. IMO, I doubt this quake has much significance.

Ats would be overloaded if every time a 4+ EQ hit California, a thread was created. In my opinion? It's a waste to make a thread devoted to this.

A general rule for making threads about EQ's on ATS that I have found to be pretty spot on is this:

If an EQ happens in an earthquake prone area, don't flood the boards with new threads every time they happen.. Simply post in this thread, or others like it UNLESS it's a mag of 6.0 or greater.

If an EQ happens in an area that is not known for having many Eq's especially places that rarely have Eq's over 3.0+ (like Colorado or DC) Then please feel free to post.

If you don't follow these simple and general common sense rules, then you are just wasting time writing a thread about it.

EDIT:
I'm not trying to play thread police here so please don't take it that way. It just can get rather annoying for those who have been really trying to study this stuff, and it looks real bad when others on ATS try to make unecessary mountains out of mole-hills.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)


There was also a 37 lattitude in hindu kush today as well.


anyone knows what mag that was? just curious since its also a 37 range.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
Ummm, okay, I am just trying to give you a little bit of the reality here. I've lived here for almost all of 40 years, so yeah I've felt my share of earthquakes. And I prepare.

In fact the Loma Prieta earthquake happened on my bday in 89, I felt it 400 miles away, made the whole movie theatre sway very slowly and gave me the heebee jeebees. And I was a wee lad in Simi Valley in the 70's when a 60' tall palm tree in our front yard fell over from a 6.7 in San Fernando.

I am not cavalier by any means...just we have so many little ones every year here, a 4.6 isnt that big of a deal.

Please stay on topic we are talking about this 4.6 and also the 37 latt connection. thanx



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips
 


There were also 3 un-related quakes TODAY that were at 46 degrees lat! OMG does that mean something?!?


MAP 2.8 2011/08/27 06:25:42 46.906 -70.643 10.0 SOUTHERN QUEBEC, CANADA

MAP 2.6 2011/08/27 02:53:07 46.408 -119.260 0.0 WASHINGTON

MAP 4.8 2011/08/26 20:57:05 46.730 152.945 64.2 KURIL ISLANDS

earthquake.usgs.gov...



Edit for /sarcasm
edit on 27-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by AllUrChips
 


Thanks. That really wasn't the point I was trying to make. To be fair, the Cali quake wasn't 37 degrees lat unless you are rounding up to come to that conclusion.
it was 36.584 degrees lat!

Anyway, I hope we don't keep seeing threads popping up all the time about 4.6 EQ's happening in Cali, or other insignificant Eq's that happen to be at 37 degrees lat or rounded to make them be 37 degrees lat. But I guess you may have missed that point.

you got me I was rounding up. I dont think a distance of 20-30 miles matters much to mother nature.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I live in Central California, Santa Cruz county and at 12:18am i was laying in bed with my wife and we both felt a small earthquake it last about two seconds it was very small but it still made me get up right away and put on my shoes because i thought the big one was coming. Just letting everyone know that there indeed was a small quake, i don't if a big one is going to happen later on today but we will find out.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join