It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is one thing you need for your survival pack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Something for cold sores.

I've not read of this suggestion in any of the survival threads I’ve read so I thought id mention it.

Cold sores are a form of herpes and can be very painful. The stuff I use has a painkiller in it as well. The stuff I buy is called virasolve but it’s probably goes by different names where you are but it’s an over-the-counter product at a pharmacy.

Very handy, small, and you only use a little bit at a time. Hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

i thought people who got cold sores get them from time to time, like when they are run-down tired and under the weather.

i thought what people often call 'cold sores' are a very un-threatening yet painful and transferable side effect of a herpetic virus.

my spouse gets one when she is under the weather, and she buys this teeny-tiny tube that costs a frickin' bundle and it works well.

i've never experienced the cold sore in my life, TTBOMK.

in other words: if you're prone to a medical condition/need, make sure you pack that which may be necessity.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You get those Down Under too eh?

I'll just leave now.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Yea we get em too and yea I forgot to mention they charge like a wounded bull for this stuff its worth it. Exactly what they are why we get them I dont know but all I know is they hurt like hell and make life crap. I rarely get em myself but then I ike to deal with em as soon as I know I've got one and not endure the pain.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

A bit of vege mite do the trick,but maybe spread it with a spoon when your down under
edit on 27-8-2011 by 12voltz because: of the nightmares

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If cold sores are your biggest worry you're not actually in a survival situation.
Food. water and shelter better get addressed first or your cold sores won't really matter for long.
Peace.
ATA

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
while I would place cold sores at the bottom of my list.. I pestered my partner into getting a silly little devices that emit a light said to heal cold sores..

All the while I thought the whole concept hat light could heal cold sores quicker than the gunk they sell but I was wrong.. thumbs up for the little thing.. works better than the gunk prescribed by the doctor or available over the counter..

the thing is I wish I know what it was being emitted as I am sure you can rig one up smaller and cheaper than the shop brought device.
edit on 27/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just a note on this subject. Used to get them every midterms and finals week in school. Mom advice up your nutrition drink orange juice blah blah blah. After a few experiments, I discovered it was the orange juice that triggers as well as sunburns on the face. I can eat grapefruit, have to limit pineapple, cause too much will give me a trigger too. I can have lemons as well. That tiny little tube is a racket, all it does was rip the healing off so I'd have to start all over each time I applied. The easiest was to recover is to let it dry out, suck it up, the drying of the sore is the painful part. Knock on wood, I haven't had any for a long time, but I strictly avoid oranges. Sometime just buy one to smell, but I don't get the oils from the skin or the pulp too close. Everything orange avoid. I tried the orange drinks, even orange flavored soda, still got em. Only when I know I have been in especially good health I would have just one bite, to remind me of the flavor I miss. Also regarding sunburns on the face, once took a diagnostic at a health screening where they check for skin cancer, OMG! That was the worst outbreak I have ever had, had tickling within an hour and blisters up by the end of my shift. Go figure. So the post about lights, need to research that one a bit.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well, you successfully let all of us know that you have herpes, so,........ that's good.
I agree that if The "S" hits the "F" your herpes will be the last thing on your mind.

P.S. Sorry about your herpes. I hope for your sake, they find a cure.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Im 56 and never had a cold sore...I put a small jar of vaseline in my kit for dry/chapped/windburned skin....no hepres for me

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

a simple first aid is salt and water.

mouthwash, gargling, healing when nothing else is there.

in mild solution, it doesn't burn.

new topics

top topics

join